• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gucci Piggy

• the wonderwhy

• dentalplan

• Com Truise

One look and I knew he was from the White Stripes but I'm 16 so I naturally have a poor music taste but ask my age group and around 95% of the people wouldn't know and R&L target my age group a bit. Even I knew about Nine Inch Nails so I would say he wouldn't be a sub.

Jack White is arguably much better known than NiN. Especially in the UK.

Jack White is arguably much better known than NiN. Especially in the UK.

I'm bad with names to be fair and when I think some bands are small they are bigger than they are and it is the same the other way round. I know band names more than the members. I couldn't tell you the names of the members of the Arctic Monkeys (except from Alex). Heck I don't even know all the names of the members in A Day To Remember and Bring Me The Horizon and they are my 2nd and 3rd favourite bands. I just know a few singers and bassists and the odd guitarist.

Yeah Jack White is really quite big in this country. Due to the fact he has been in The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather makes his name rather large on its own, regardless of his solo work. If he promised to play White Stripes hits (Seven Nation Army, Blue Orchid etc) then he'd sub.

Yeah Jack White is really quite big in this country. Due to the fact he has been in The White Stripes, The Raconteurs and The Dead Weather makes his name rather large on its own, regardless of his solo work. If he promised to play White Stripes hits (Seven Nation Army, Blue Orchid etc) then he'd sub.

Seems more plausible then and now I know who is! But in that case wouldn't have Johnny Marr billed higher? I do like the White Stripes as well. Still wouldn't think that he would sub though.

You ought to learn their names because if they do a collab/solo work or even an interview, you might not know what band they're from/have been in + I think it's nice to appreciate all band members and you can do this by merely learning their name. That's why Charlie is my favourite from Rolling Stones. The amount of people who couldn't name the Stones drummer but could name everyone else, even past members, when they got back together last year astounded me.

But hey, as long as you buy the music and go to the shows, I'm sure they don't give a shit if you remember their names or not :P

You ought to learn their names because if they do a collab/solo work or even an interview, you might not know what band they're from/have been in + I think it's nice to appreciate all band members and you can do this by merely learning their name. That's why Charlie is my favourite from Rolling Stones. The amount of people who couldn't name the Stones drummer but could name everyone else, even past members, when they got back together last year astounded me.

But hey, as long as you buy the music and go to the shows, I'm sure they don't give a shit if you remember their names or not :P

When an act I like does a collab/solo work I tend to find out as they would either put it on their social media or it is another act I like anyway. Also when I see a featuring I always do I search of their name to see if they are familiar at all. Also most bands I could tell you their names of the members but they would seem familiar to me.

Seems more plausible then and now I know who is! But in that case wouldn't have Johnny Marr billed higher? I do like the White Stripes as well. Still wouldn't think that he would sub though.

Johnny Marr has been out of the spotlight for a long time and The Smiths were big long before most of the average Reading goer had taken their first breaths, so many may not know much Smiths material - while a large majority of Reading will know a lot of songs that White has done with his various bands + his recent solo work (which was received a lot better than Marr's).

White would sub if he played. I'm almost sure of that.

Also, he plays more stuff from The White Stripes then he does his solo material! At some gigs, he only plays 2/3 tracks off Blunderbuss! And yes, at every gig, he plays Seven Nation Army :)

Johnny Marr has been out of the spotlight for a long time and The Smiths were big long before most of the average Reading goer had taken their first breaths, so many may not know much Smiths material - while a large majority of Reading will know a lot of songs that White has done with his various bands + his recent solo work (which was received a lot better than Marr's).

White would sub if he played. I'm almost sure of that.

Also, he plays more stuff from The White Stripes then he does his solo material! At some gigs, he only plays 2/3 tracks off Blunderbuss! And yes, at every gig, he plays Seven Nation Army :)

Oh that is good then! :) Also if there were people like me it would only take one quick search and everything is made clear but all you guys made me realise that would probably only be me. Thanks for making me feel bad guys :(

Jack White would be a sub, nothing less, could even probably pull out a headline spot if he really wanted too. Still don't think The Vaccines will be there next year, they are verging on festival overkill

Liking Chvrches album, good week for the albums that probably shouldnt be out yet, between that and AM

Edited by Chiefski

Also if there were people like me it would only take one quick search and everything is made clear but all you guys made me realise that would probably only be me. Thanks for making me feel bad guys :(

I'm not quite sure what I've done to offend? That certainly wasn't my intention though, sorry if it came across like that...

i wondered if it's more likely to be the raconteurs playing next year than Jack White Solo? That is the band there is new material for isn't it?

i wondered if it's more likely to be the raconteurs playing next year than Jack White Solo? That is the band there is new material for isn't it?

I thought it was The Dead Weather, no? You're right though, it's less likely to be him solo if he's doing work with one of the bands :)

The thing that works against The Vaccines is that they'll actually have to have a really quiet year if they're to have it off. Maybe they can just sub IOW and head up Latitude or something.

I don't know which Jack White band is doing new material but I doubt it's The Dead Weather because the guitarist is with Queens. The Raconteurs might be tricky to tour too as they're all active musicians with their own stuff on the go. I'd say Jack White is more likely even if there's new Raconteurs stuff.

I thought it was The Dead Weather, no? You're right though, it's less likely to be him solo if he's doing work with one of the bands :)

i think it was both said at one point, but The Raconteurs would probably put them 3rd on main stage. i'd say 4th but jack white probably has enough pull to get that 3rd spot - Arctics day would fit well. The Dead Weather I think would maybe be 4th, they were never the status of of the other back then.

Arctics

QOTSA

The Raconteurs

YYY's here would make it a decent top 4

?

I'm more inclined to go with this Paramore with YMA6 below cause I'm not sure what else but it is too samey.

Paramore

? - This is what I'm unsure on

YMA6

I'll also go on a whim and say if they play next year Bastille right below YMA6 would sell very well.

I do think Disclosure are quite likely for NME headliner and now ES are out the picture, Frank Turner and Crystal Castles to make up the other two is my guess right now. I think Disclosure opposite Arctics, Frank against Paramore.

If PJ do play then I reckon QOTSA might get the nod below them with Placebo then below there. I wouldn't even be surprised and it's a whim if YMA6 were booked 3rd on this day, I say this because many Paramore fans will like them too and it's more weekend ticket incentive. You just need to give them something on that Paramore day that relates. Placebo 3rd/4th down on the Paramore day would be a great booking.

Arctics don't really need to help, it'll fly.

I expect one of or both of Rise Against and Billy Talent to show up again too.

One look and I knew he was from the White Stripes but I'm 16 so I naturally have a poor music taste but ask my age group and around 95% of the people wouldn't know and R&L target my age group a bit. Even I knew about Nine Inch Nails so I would say he wouldn't be a sub.

Don't worry you'll learn, when I was your age Muse was pretty much the only band I listened to and I thought they were the greatest band of all time. How times can change.

But in fairness not knowing Jack White is pretty bad, well really really bad

The thing that works against The Vaccines is that they'll actually have to have a really quiet year if they're to have it off. Maybe they can just sub IOW and head up Latitude or something.

I don't know which Jack White band is doing new material but I doubt it's The Dead Weather because the guitarist is with Queens. The Raconteurs might be tricky to tour too as they're all active musicians with their own stuff on the go. I'd say Jack White is more likely even if there's new Raconteurs stuff.

If it's Jack White Solo and they booked say PJ. it'd be a great moved to get him to sub them.

Would PJ, Jack White, YMA6 be bad?

Arctics, QOTSA, Placeo, All Time Low

Paramore, Noel G, Bastille - they could get this by next august and might need to to fend off V, YYY's.

I also think Skindred will return

Don't worry you'll learn, when I was your age Muse was pretty much the only band I listened to and I thought they were the greatest band of all time. How times can change.

But in fairness not knowing Jack White is pretty bad, well really really bad

So there is hope for me! I did look at the line up and I only knew 18 band member names and I saw 22 bands and I had heard or got music from 21 of those....

If it's Jack White Solo and they booked say PJ. it'd be a great moved to get him to sub them.

Would PJ, Jack White, YMA6 be bad?

Arctics, QOTSA, Placeo, All Time Low

Paramore, Noel G, Bastille - they could get this by next august and might need to to fend off V, YYY's.

I also think Skindred will return

Yeah I suppose they're all possible until ruled otherwise. I don't think Noel will be at R+L as he's had his year off V if he's still doing solo, and he apparently isn't anyway right? Skindred won't be back, took years to get them this year.

Also I think Paramore will sub Biffy at T and Mumfords at V...