2013 Lineup

Guest Dukeeyyy

It's been mentioned a few times that he wants to tap into a more mainstream market now for some reason. His festival sets have been constantly live streamed this time round, including Fuji Rock where NIN were, I believe, the only live streamed act so it does seem like he wants people on the internet to see his show and Reading was a blow to him. Might be a reactionary thing people are saying because he spent years going 'fuck the music industry' then he signs up with a major label again. It does look like it's coming together that way.

• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

How can you say you love him, just after saying he's an arse and seemingly basing your opinion on the fact his musical output is genius (which I'm not arguing against btw) - shouldn't you judge him on his whole character, not just on one aspect of his life? I for one pretty must dislike him to the extent I would say to his face he's a cock but that doesn't change the fact I love a large majority of what he has done musically :)

How can you say you love him, just after saying he's an arse and seemingly basing your opinion on the fact his musical output is genius (which I'm not arguing against btw) - shouldn't you judge him on his whole character, not just on one aspect of his life? I for one pretty must dislike him to the extent I would say to his face he's a cock but that doesn't change the fact I love a large majority of what he has done musically :)

Reznor would kick Biffy's arse any day. Am I the only person in the world that thought that the Biffy set was good but not brilliant? Flame throwers affect peoples judgement :) Why am I not surprised Gazza like BHAR and Starlight. OOS is one of the best albums ever made. That's all for now.

I hereby declare that everyone on this forum needs to listen to:

Pitchshifter

Ride

The Mountain Goats

Screaming Trees

Portishead

Pavement

Grandaddy

Built to Spill

Boards of Canada

Lift to Experience

Once done with them, come back to me for education in post-punk, post-rock, post-absurdity and post-pretentious-w*nkery :P