2013 Headliners

Guest shangri-la_steward

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think that Bassline Junkie song is hilarious (in a good way). he's clearly just having fun with his music. he released three albums of solid grime, and now he's taking a stab at pop (and doing very well from it)

Dance Wiv Me is an absolute tune, and i think Bonkers is rather brilliant as well. i've managed to miss him every time he's played a festival i've been at so if he plays i may go and see him for a good pissed up ol' time

Is Dizzie Rascal like an English favourite or something? Because first time i heard of him was when Bonkers came out that was also the last time until he was at the Olympics i remember sitting thinking why are they giving him all this time he had one song out. Now he's been announced for T in the Park and by the looks of things he doesn't look as though he is going to be very high up. This is the first time i've mentioned anything about him and i've been very confused by the way everyone has been treating him like a headliner i just don't get it.

He had tons of tracks out before that that were very big that you just probably don't know were by him. Flex, Dreams, Holiday etc. Although he basically stopped being relevant after his first record.

As much as I dislike his newer stuff, I was very much in favour of him being given time at the Olympics. He was a forerunner in grime, and came from almost exactly round the corner from Olympic stadium.

He went from being a 15 year old rapping over garage at pirate radio stations to selling millions of albeit shit records, and I think its a great inspiring story especially for kids from round there. I lived in E14 for a while, and can tell you you definitely need some inspiration.

So he's like The Proclaimers to Scotland? I'm just kidding although scarily enough it does sound correct in many ways... I most likely won't give Dizzie the time of day because of the idea i have of him through Bonkers and this new song but i can understand that he has done something for music. Better than what many other people have done but whatever really i've not noticed him for the past 8 years or something so it doesn't bother me.

Ive had a trawl back through this thread but cant see a comment on why Mumford have been upgraded to strong rumour.

Is it on anything credible, or purely on lots of chatter about it? Ie Has the efestivals fella (Neil?) had something substantial suggesting it

Back on topic, it seems that chat about Atoms for Peace not being ready for Glastonbury was b/s. They're playing in Poland the week after Glastonbury.

Bearing in mind they've not been announced for other UK festivals, it surely has to be fairly high probability of them doing a Park secret set, or a fairly high spot somewhere else?

It also pretty much rules out Radiohead from headliners.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/13/130219d.shtml

I've had info from a well placed source that they're headlining - but I can't be sure if its something that person knows for sure, or if it's what he thinks is happening.

Lots of stuff tends to strongly suggest that they're been booked for months, but I've got absolutely nothing solid to back that up. But if they've been booked for months, they weren't booked to headline - which has me suspect they're playing before the stones (and will headline if the Stones don't, as the 'back up plan' that Michael has mentioned).

Added to that is that I know Glastonbury talked to some major bands more recently about whether they could headline the Sunday - which strongly suggests that Mumford aren't going to headline the Sunday. Then again, because the other approaches I know of didn't work out perhaps Mumfords have now been swapped into doing Sunday.

All in all, I'm pretty sure they're playing. I just don't know in which slot.

It's always possible that Michael looked unwell for reasons other than his worries around the ticket sale - I don't know his personal medical history. But I took it as being caused by the slow sales.

I'd guess that sales worry other 'head honchos' of big fests but perhaps not to the same extent. Glastonbury is very much a personal venture of Michael's rather than there being some company behind things that he merely works for, and along with that it's all intregal to his true love of his farm.

I'm not sure if he's risking the farm with each festival or not nowadays, but if he is then I'm sure that will have hugely increased his worries.

Sorry about the mass amount of questions but how come sales were slow in 2008? I've only started going to Glastonbury since 2009 and each time i've struggled to get tickets due to high demand. I can't imagine them struggling to shift them!

Back then Tickets went on sale in April and people already knew the headliners,the controversial Jay Z,so tickets didnt sell out so fast

Since then tickets have gone on sale in October,a very shrewd move

Edited by Thearg

am i the only person who is kinda glad if the headliners turn out to be the arctic monkeys, the stones and mumford?... only one there i want to see (the stones) which means i can go and explore other stages and watch other bands... been to glastonbury twice before and have always watched the pyramid headliners (not always by choice!) so personally it would be a good kick up the arse to go and see other things, especially if the pumpkins play the other on the sunday

Sorry about the mass amount of questions but how come sales were slow in 2008? I've only started going to Glastonbury since 2009 and each time i've struggled to get tickets due to high demand. I can't imagine them struggling to shift them!

Back then Tickets went on sale in April and people already knew the headliners,the controversial Jay Z,so tickets didnt sell out so fast

Since then tickets have gone on sale in October,a very shrewd move