spwan-of-the-devil

Got any gigs coming up?

Kyuss Lives playing Dallas Paladium on Sunday.

Anyone been to see them? worth the money?

I saw them at The Forum a few months ago, good but not as good as I was expecting but Oliveri is always worth seeing live regardless of whatever band he's currently in.

A blast from the past - Misty In Roots - are on tour over the next month, and I'll be taking them in at Bristol. :)

Amusingly, all of the tour dates are on Friday's, Saturday's & Sunday's - so I'm guessing it's something they're having to fit around day jobs.

Am really looking forward to it. :)

So went to see Kyuss last night. Really small venue and very intimate ... it was incredibly loud, very grimmey and absolutely brilliant I thought. But the biggest suprise of the night was their support act, a band from Austin called The Sword. Very Sabbath-esque and absolutely superb. A new favourite band. If you like your music with lots of hair and monster riffs then people should check em out.

Spiritualized at The Royal Albert Hall a week tonight!

That's a great setting for spiritualized. I hope the acoustics are OK though. the RAH has a reputation for having a fairly horrid sound for amplified acts, not what you want for spiritualized...

So went to see Kyuss last night. Really small venue and very intimate ... it was incredibly loud, very grimmey and absolutely brilliant I thought. But the biggest suprise of the night was their support act, a band from Austin called The Sword. Very Sabbath-esque and absolutely superb. A new favourite band. If you like your music with lots of hair and monster riffs then people should check em out.

Do they play "Gardenia" or "Space Cadet" on this tour? Massive fan of "Sky Valley".

Do they play "Gardenia" or "Space Cadet" on this tour? Massive fan of "Sky Valley".

yeah Sky Valley is my fav of their albums. think I counted 5 or so from it. They opened with Gardenia. No Space Cadet though, there was no let up from the aural onslaught at all. It was all loud and heavy -- just the way i like it.

Edited by Ed209

mission o2brixton job on sat night, first time in london for near on 13 years for me.

mission o2brixton job on sat night, first time in london for near on 13 years for me.

With Fields of the Nephilim as support, you lucky boy. Was considering popping over but have a busy weekend anyway so will probably make do with X-factor instead. biggrin.png

Southside Johnny in Cardiff this monday. Superb brass section - really the Bruce Springsteen second team - all good New Jersey boys

Volbeat on Saturday... Assuming there are still tickets available to collect on the door when I get paid on Friday!

With Fields of the Nephilim as support, you lucky boy.

they were very good too.

@ cidy, just a bit jealous, enjoy

si

Roger McGuinn next month. Great stories about how The Byrds were influenced by so many others including The Beatles. Worth catching his tour if you can.

Orbital at The RAH in April, alas not standing. & Flutatious at some pub on the edge of Ruislip (on the edge of Greater London) in 4 weeks or so.

Not yet enough to deal with the cold winter months.

Lykke Li on Tuesday. I cant frigging wait.

I have almost finished my 10,000 word declaration of love for her written in my own blood. Just need to drain another pint out tonight and I should have it done.

It complemements my portrait of her fashioned from my own pubic hair nicely.

I plan on presenting them to her on stage just after she finishes "sadness is a blessing". To cheer her up a bit