Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

• 2 weeks later...

How far back were they from yog if you don't mind me asking and was it a standard or enhanced Dbs

It was only a standard DBS. Both convictions date way back - the first was in 1989 and the second was in 2004. I've just looked at the paperwork my last employer provided me with and noticed that it was an enhanced check that they carried out which did highlight both convictions.

I'm looking to go in to locksmithing and the tutor said that minor convictions like these wouldn't prevent me from joining the locksmithing governing body (of sorts, as there isn't one governing body). He also said that most employers in this area wouldn't be bothered by these convictions. Obviously I don't know if that's true or not. Ultimately I'd like to work for myself so it wouldn't matter necessarily unless a client demanded an enhanced check. This could happen though as one angle I'd like to go in on is doing lock outs for social housing providers and they may indeed not accept a standard check.

Hello atomised. Yes, by the looks of it you'd be clear with a 2001 conviction on a basic check as long as the offence wasn't too much of a 'biggy'.

with nearly 50% of men having criminal convictions or cautions, it's impossible for them to work the criminal checks system and credit everything as relevant - otherwise there'd be sod all people to work in the jobs that need the checks.

with nearly 50% of men having criminal convictions or cautions, it's impossible for them to work the criminal checks system and credit everything as relevant - otherwise there'd be sod all people to work in the jobs that need the checks.

I get what you are saying. Just wondering how they draw the line and indeed who are 'they' in the first place? Any ideas?

I get what you are saying. Just wondering how they draw the line and indeed who are 'they' in the first place? Any ideas?

I don't know how the CRB checks work as I've never had need to know as i've never had one.

I do know that most older (less serious) convictions never got put onto the computer systems they use for these sorts of things, tho as that was a long time ago now it will be having less and less relevance.

I'm not entirely sure, but it seems to be the case that there's still a disconnect between what happens within the criminal justice system as a whole and what is available on whatever 'big' system is used nationwide for stuff like CRB checks. It's perhaps still the case that the more minor crimes remain only a local level and it's the bigger stuff that gets put into the 'big' system, as I've certain knowledge from recent-ish years that what has happened in one force area is not available within another.

I don't know how the CRB checks work as I've never had need to know as i've never had one.

I do know that most older (less serious) convictions never got put onto the computer systems they use for these sorts of things, tho as that was a long time ago now it will be having less and less relevance.

I'm not entirely sure, but it seems to be the case that there's still a disconnect between what happens within the criminal justice system as a whole and what is available on whatever 'big' system is used nationwide for stuff like CRB checks. It's perhaps still the case that the more minor crimes remain only a local level and it's the bigger stuff that gets put into the 'big' system, as I've certain knowledge from recent-ish years that what has happened in one force area is not available within another.

That's interesting because I was advised by my locksmith tutor to use Disclosure Scotland for my DBS check even though I live in England. I wonder if they aren't as up to scratch as other DBS checking agencies in terms of the access to information that they have. They probably do but it does make me wonder if there are discrepencies between these bodies.

About fifteen years ago I had to have a CRB check. I was interested to know whether my (by then) spent caution was still on their books.

They were dithering over it and I had a deadline so I phoned them up.

Them: "Can you tell us when and where and what was it you were cautioned for?"

Me: "No. No clues".

Fuckers :sarcastic:

(As advised when I received said caution, it was still on there).

I have had a number of CRBs both basic and enhanced. The last enhanced I got took 6 months as they had to contact all the forces I had lived in. It is extremely thorough and includes arrests if the chief constable deems they are relevant, irrespective of if charges were made or not.

but it's only as good as any forces records of crimes and arrests, and their record-keeping is pretty shit on the whole.

From what I know, what tends to get entered is what the person doing the entering thinks might be of interest to someone in the future - as that's a way of reducing the workload for doing it.

Glastonbury announcement, perfect alignment of acts, times and stages, followed by tickets arriving have left me feeling like a kid at xmas. I'd just lit a joint before the line-up dropped and had been sat open mouthed staring at the lineup and reading people's opinions for an hour when the postman arrived.

Well, I've gone and done it - I am 50 years old today. I got to this position despite my valliant efforts to kill myself with abuse over the years. Just about to go off camping for the weekend with about 30 mates. The weather's good and the craic will be also. This is making me happy today.

Happy Birthday Yog, have a good one xx

Well, I've gone and done it - I am 50 years old today. I got to this position despite my valliant efforts to kill myself with abuse over the years. Just about to go off camping for the weekend with about 30 mates. The weather's good and the craic will be also. This is making me happy today.

welcome to the club of recents. :D

I'm rather shocked that I made it too. :lol: