spot eFestivals in the press

eFestivals

How'd it go?

tho I say so myself, the best I've ever done. :)

The words I wanted to say seemed to come out better, I felt less nervous, and to top it all off for the first time I felt the part that was broadcast wasn't the most inane and/or meaningless part of the whole interview & subject.

If I manage to do as well next time I'll be very pleased. :)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were on the music news this morning as well, about 8ish I think.. They must like you they were very complimentary about efests and were chuckling about your 'Queens not queen' comment after the news had finished..

I thought you came across very well...for you...:-)

Scott had told me that they'd been talking about my Queen comment, but not anything else - so thanks for that. :D

(... but perhaps not the last bit, yer git :P:lol:)

• 6 months later...

The figures appear to include all types of festivals such as food and poetry so are a bit skewed (this site just deals with music events) - but it's nice to see yet another independent mouthpiece saying it's not all doom and gloom.

Their top 30 selling festivals on the site would surely be music events, especially the best-selling 10 which they reported increasing by 22%, assuming the other ticket agents hadn't taken a dip this would tend to say that the top events are doing well (no idea who their top 10 are) .

Interesting that the festivals outside the top 100 sellers were up by 32% in terms of sales, and that they have doubled the number of small festivals on their books, I've been predicting for 2 years that people are likely to switch off from big events in fields and perhaps be more likely to go to events where they feel the event feels more tailored to the individual's experience away from in front of the stage(s).

Although the line "receiving a bigger share of a smaller pie" means that they do feel the market is shrinking.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

efests is in the British Library's list of 100 websites.

Websites don’t last forever. Formats change, whole sites disappear and, once lost, digital content is irretrievable.

But from the 6 April 2013, this will change as the British Library, the National Library of Scotland, the National Library of Wales, Bodleian Libraries, Cambridge University Library and Trinity College Dublin, gain powers to archive the entire UK web, along with e-journals, e-books and other formats.

But how will researchers be using this resource in 100, 200 or 1000 years time? And what will it say about who we are in 2013?

To mark the passing of the new regulations, curators and other experts from all the participating libraries have chosen the 100 Websites which they judge will be essential reading for future generations researching our life and times in 2013.

http://www.bl.uk/100websites/top100.html

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

nice one mate. I'm now annoyed that I picked up a paper copy of the Guardian yesterday, only to put it back down again on the basis that I'd probably not get around to reading it.

Would you like a mug? :)

Edited by eFestivals