Glastonbury food with pictures

mike99

As usual, I drank too much and ate too little but yesterday was a sober/recovery day and enjoyed some delicious food.

A slice of pizza from Voodoo Ray at Block 9

Rotisserie chicken with potatoes from Williams Green.

Tuscan bean soup from the fresh juice stall in Green Fields

Otherwise, the other meals were:

Buddah Bowls - delicious as always

Veggie haggis from the farmers market was also good but better memories from previous two years for some reason.

I ate an oggie on Friday evening to set me up before the park and sharon van etten et al,christ almighty , talk about a food baby, I wasn't sure I'd be able to eat again all weekend. Tasty as well.

Bit clichéd I know but my best meal was the goan fish curry on the Wednesday whilst at the meet.

One of the efesters suggested I try it, and boy were they right

Edit- my spelling brain not functioning for some reason

Edited by The 38 year old virgin

I'm sure the Goan Fish Curry was even better than usual this year?

I had great eggy bread and maple syrup from the little stall next to the Beat Hotel. And a very good pizza from a stall in Circus. Next to that was a chip van - now I never have chips but these were proper northern fish and chips and were bloody lovely (and the chap serving was very polite and smiley despite being deluged by ravenous punters)

I'm sure the Goan Fish Curry was even better than usual this year?

It was definitely on form. The queues were enormous at times i noticed as well

They were withholding the salad I notice. i asked both times and they were happy to oblige but noticed many others not getting any. I absolutely love tomato and onion salads

Thanks for the baba g's recommendation, the lamb rump and masala fries combo was top notch.

Overall the stalls for instance on the main drag between Pyramid and Other seem to get worse every year, but it's worth searching high and low as there are some incredible places tucked away. Gumbo from Bob was delicious too, the extra hot sauce was incredible with it.

Enjoyed my filter coffee from Callum's and my sausage from La Grand Bouffe, my favourite place I found was probably The Cake Hole by the Acoustic though - truly scrumptious. Butternut squash brownies, strange but tasty.

Biggest disappointment was actually the kedgeree at Goan which was very, very bland and dry but I think that was more the fact it was the last one of the day scraped out the bottom of the pan more than anything. Also don't really see the fuss about roaming rotisserie, it was nice but it was essentially just some reasonable chicken. I can get that at home.

The crispy bits of potatoes from la grand bouffe were amazing! I got the mac n cheese by the acoustic found it ok if a bit bland. I meant to try baba gs but every time I was near I didnt want a full meal. The blackcurrant ice cream from yeo valley hit the spot perfectly in the sun.

when people were posting pictures of Le grande bouffe I didn't get what the fuss was about. Then I walked passed it and it smelled amazing. Ended up having 2 meals out of their, was brilliant.

Did anyone have the hog roast on a yorkshire pudding. Can't remember the name of the stall, was near the beat hotel and had a name that pretty much just described what they sold. Had a massive plate sized yorkshire pudding, filled with hog roast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy & chips. Was enough to feed two as well as being delicious.

Also had falafels for the first time in my life (somewhere near Avalon) and really enjoyed them.

Unusually I had to force myself to eat this year and while a lot of the food was good I didn't think it was amazing. I don't think I finished a full meal.

Things I enjoyed: pancakes and bacon from the Beat Hotel, the yorkshire pudding place near the cider bus (although the pudding was undercooked underneath) and getting two extra scampi at the scampi place somewhere in the markets. I went for stodgy over fanciness this year.

when people were posting pictures of Le grande bouffe I didn't get what the fuss was about. Then I walked passed it and it smelled amazing. Ended up having 2 meals out of their, was brilliant.

Did anyone have the hog roast on a yorkshire pudding. Can't remember the name of the stall, was near the beat hotel and had a name that pretty much just described what they sold. Had a massive plate sized yorkshire pudding, filled with hog roast, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy & chips. Was enough to feed two as well as being delicious.

Also had falafels for the first time in my life (somewhere near Avalon) and really enjoyed them.

That was Yorky, very good stuff!