Extra security

Swine_Glasto2014

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I dunno, sounds like it already has.

With regards to bag checks, I'm expecting delays, but drugs will be easier to get in, since there will be more of a focus on weapons.

Since I'm half Egyptian I know I'll get stopped and searched, so if you're trying to smuggle in drugs feel free to walk next to me and so avoid detection while theyre distracted! :lol:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

I generally plan for crowd surges anyway after getting crushed against a barrier at a festival when I was younger. I plan on having the same incredible time at glasto as I always do. I'll be bringing more glitter and booze this year to cheer anyone up around us who's looking like they need a make over or a beer 

Thats the fucking spirit ! Have an upvote !

No matter what happens between now and the gates opening (I suspect the site will have a much more thorough security scan before the gates open) I will be going and will have a great time. I won't give terrorism a second thought but I will be more observernt. If the worst happens I can't think.of a better place to die than at Glastonbury  (unless it's in the long drops).

Enter the gates and party hard as that's exactly what they want to stop.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I was on my own. It was at the Wychwood Festival on a very warm sunny day, and I had a drug sweat on. I simply couldn't have been happier, even thinking that there's no way I'm getting out of this one.

I think a lot us have been there :)

I am more afraid of Air Canada having something go wrong and pulling me off the flight than anything else. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-canada-bumping-overbooked-flight-galapagos-1.4077645

I booked my flight last October. The woman in the link above was pulled off her flight and she missed a 10,000$ trip to the Galapagos. 

17 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

The right wing paper press will just applaud her grandeous proclamations and ignore this, and the BBC won't have the balls to push it. Public will probably buy her line because she sounds 'hard', rather than say 'hang on a minute, weren't you in charge all these years?'  

Agree. BBC just rolled out that awful bloody Culture Sec Karen Bradley this morning, who trotted out "we've protected police budgets since 2015, blah, blah, Labour wanted to cut police by 10%, blah blah, difficult choices in 2010, cuts voted by parliament, blah, blah". No-one is calling them out properly on this BS. One of my good friends worked for Hampshire Police IT until last year (made redundant). On Saturdays in 2016, they often had just TWO police officers covering the whole of Southampton!! Whilst in neighbouring Wiltshire, Salisbury now has no police station. Forget an 8 minute response to any terrorist attack in most British cities - they were warned.....  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-26030704 

Slightly longer to get in thee oh sees gig last night, everyone patted down and bags emptied & checked, wasn't too bad though. 

However, just got email from live nation saying that security for download has changed. All vehicles searched and have to go to police security check. I'm guessing Glasto will go same way. That's an awful lot of vehicles to be searched. 

IMG_7380.PNG

IMG_7381.PNG

10 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

I am more afraid of Air Canada having something go wrong and pulling me off the flight than anything else. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/air-canada-bumping-overbooked-flight-galapagos-1.4077645

I booked my flight last October. The woman in the link above was pulled off her flight and she missed a 10,000$ trip to the Galapagos. 

As long as you don't fly with United Air you'll be fine. 

7 minutes ago, EFC1996 said:

I plan to take a big trolley and pallet wrap it up. Do you think this is a bad idea now if there is going to be extra security in place? 

I wouldn't worry about it until otherwise told. The festival will surely put out an email / statement about what to expect security check wise, the way download have today. 

Anyone have a link to the Download announcement? can't find it anywhere?

Stressing about my packing now, if they are going to be doing proper bag searches may affect what and how I pack. Normally obsessively pack everything up neatly using every nook an cranny, would be a right pain to repack on the fly at a checkpoint. Also could mean restrictions on regular camping stuff like gas canisters for stove, pen knife etc.. let alone other supplies.

Guess will just have to sit tight for an announcement before I start final packing. 

Edited by I am Jon

On 2017-6-4 at 5:12 PM, Mr.Tease said:

Since I'm half Egyptian I know I'll get stopped and searched, so if you're trying to smuggle in drugs feel free to walk next to me and so avoid detection while theyre distracted! :lol:

Top of the range old son 

7 hours ago, I am Jon said:

Anyone have a link to the Download announcement? can't find it anywhere?

Stressing about my packing now, if they are going to be doing proper bag searches may affect what and how I pack. Normally obsessively pack everything up neatly using every nook an cranny, would be a right pain to repack on the fly at a checkpoint. Also could mean restrictions on regular camping stuff like gas canisters for stove, pen knife etc.. let alone other supplies.

Guess will just have to sit tight for an announcement before I start final packing. 

It was an email mate 

20 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

Don't worry, all flights are overbooked. They do that due to no shows but you get the odd occasion where everyone does turn up. I would say for a B747 they sell 10-15 seats more than are actually on the plane.

Edited by Bisque

Got the email from seetickets overnight.

I'm on the bus and was expecting sniffer dogs at the bus depot, which I can plan for but if they're using airport type scanners at the gates then that's going to be a pain.  

Good idea to bag everything up inside the rucksack.