Unfairground

shoptildrop

Just now, eastynh said:

Sasha possibly doing an old skool set? That would be unmissable.

Tbh that's probably the only one I've heard of properly on that list, maybe one or two others..... totally not what I listen too

but yeah reckon that would be great

Nicky Blackmarket, Andy Barker (808 State), Daniel Billy Bunter, Tony Ross, Vinyl Junkie, Dave Beer, Mike Pickering, that is more than enough for me. Looks like there is loads of old skool this year.

Sasha being on the line up is the intriguing one. Will he disappear from the line up like Carl Cox did last year and then turn up and play a bad arse old skool set?

13 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I just saw that, given he's there with Digweed it's possible. I'd rather see Sasha probably that both. Clash fucking city this year.

The moves I would bust to these two beauties if we got stuff like this would be unreal.

Just now, naughtygeorgie said:

Sasha anywhere, anytime is perfect thank you please, now if he could possibly do a nice mid 90's style set then that's me done, I'll ask for nothing more from glasto 2017 :)

You prefer his mid 90's stuff to his Shelleys  stuff?

2 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I just flipping love mid 90's house, real house, just after my rave days came my underground house days and they were perfect - might be slightly rose-tinted glasses but hey if I can have a few hours dancing to tunes I danced to when i was 19/20 then yep done :)

What do you mean by mid 90's? Prog stuff or handbag?

This year I have discovered the pleasure of running to House or deep house....I listen to podcasts so no idea who is actually playing, but they accompany me on many a mile around the site. Looking forward to burning some energy off and dancing to some tunes this year in the same place.

Just now, naughtygeorgie said:

I've not idea! 

I'm utterly useless at specifying genres...I could tell you the clubs I went to at the time and probably some of the names I saw but that's about it

I'm no music jedi, sorry :)

No worries. I am a bit of trainspotter when it comes to 90's house and rave type stuff.

Not sure there is much in regards to mid 90's house on this line up. Plenty of Rave,Hacienda type stuff  and early 90's house.though, which is perfect for me.

Just seen Jon Da Silva on the line up as well

13 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I know what I like, I'm just rubbish at getting across what it is...my little sister is the only person I know that totally gets it if I say Crazy Daisy's style music, because she was there with me!  My OH is younger and from up north and my friends are younger so weren't around then...

I love anything with a beat though so really not all that fussy was it comes to having a dance :)

Dirty filthy beats are always a winner :D

Where was Crazy Daisy's?

Just now, musky said:

Ignore Benny, The Trojans are playing there as well. That's assuming you like a bit of ska. :)

Cheers, that's what I'm after. Presuming Wango Riley's is the place to look? Imperial Leisure played there last year.

No idea I'm afraid. The Trojans can usually be found in the Rocket Lounge, although where that's going to be this year is anyone's guess.

Been a couple of years since I've seen them, but Imperial Leisure are a class act. :)

2 hours ago, wozwebs said:

The Shimmer Band are doing a DJ Set so presume they will be playing John Peel or the like as well. Highly rated up and coming band by all accounts. 

I asked them after their London gig the other week. Just this DJ set (so far) - they are mates with Jagz who remixed a recent single.

11 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Warwickshire, outskirts of Coventry & Rugby middle of nowhere, it was amazing a country pub converted to a club, very tight door policy no beer drinking types were allowed in, they did Sunday afternoon sessions too way before Sundessential stole the market.

Also went to Wobble/Crunch, Steering wheel, Q club (before they renovated it, it still had the pulpit & pews from when it was a church!) in Birmingham but never Money Pennies with their uptight wannabe clubbers :D

I have clubbed on & off since then but that was my 1st proper venture into the wonderland.  I did a few raves whilst I was still at college at The Eclipse in Coventry but my love affair started properly at Daisy's. 

That mix is pretty good. More handbag than prog (which is always good)

Have a listen to some of the Luvdup mixes, they should be right up your street.

https://www.mixcloud.com/discover/luvdup/