McCor

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cidersidney said:

haha the Kasbah.....remember stumbling across this slightly intoxicated......we sat down all peaceful and all of sudden a mass pillow fight erupted....being thrown everywhere!!  they all got confiscated!

I always end up finsing it on the first night, and always has a fun atmosphere, even last year with everyone belting out "Angels" without a care in the world. Felt I'd well and truely landed!!

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Although having looked at the map a second time I would (and will) sack of the Solstice Bar, Beat Hotel & Mandela and go from Glade to Kasbah to Chameleon to Cider Bus.

Fair swap!!

We've done a bar crawl the last couple of Thursdays, they've both probably ended up being my favourite days, although to be fair they tend to fall apart after about the 6th or 7th bar and we never stay the full course, I think we used that one last year but started at the bar on the green and worked anti-clockwise.

I might suggest a combination of a bar crawl and pub golf this year to mix it up, although that won't help my chances of trying to make it up for hacienda classical!

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

2 hours ago, billum said:

Easy one - come out of Bread & Roses (always easiest to navigate from the nearest other pub) and head towards the Pyramid field (this is Butts Lane apparently) and it's the first bar on your left - big Chameleon lounging all over the entrace!

I think Jimmy Greaves used to navigate his way around the country in that manner

5 minutes ago, ThePope said:

Stonebridge bar was not open on Thursday last year. There was a good bar right up the top of The Park where you could get the steel pressed cups with lanyard and fur holder.

Stonebridge is always open on the Thursday, they have Baggy Mondays every year. There's always a huge crowd.

8 minutes ago, ThePope said:

Stonebridge bar was not open on Thursday last year. There was a good bar right up the top of The Park where you could get the steel pressed cups with lanyard and fur holder.

Stonebridge is always open on the Thursday, they have Baggy Mondays every year. There's always a huge crowd.

Yeah I was in the Thursday last year, had the misfortune of listening to Steve Davis

Sorry, I should have been more precise, it wasn't open when I started my bar crawl from there at 13:00/14:00 ish

always mean to do a proper pub crawl on the Thursday BUT always start in Cockmill and decide to stay for a while sampling a few of the beers, always stay way longer than intend having a lot more beer than we should do do then make our way to the Avalon Inn as it's a great place to chill and a really good atmosphere in that field, again stay longer than should so only just make it to the Bimble Inn for a last few beers. One day......

On 04/05/2017 at 10:48 AM, Beerqueen said:

Here you go.  I can't remember the name of the person who posted it but I saved it in my Glasto folder!

Pub crawl.jpg

No bread and roses...???? 

On 2017-5-5 at 9:20 PM, guypjfreak said:

No bread and roses...???? 

there is loads missing " and I am not going to correct it as I am on a phone ( The OPERATION went well - they may let me leave TODAY - about noon - at least I still have my two feet - four people lost toes - just their bad luck) WBC planning meet is this Saturday so may have map - I know that some bars will change to more " walk in bars" than Counterbars so none of these will give a clue as to which has been changed  - even my crew bar has changed its location so it's all "Change - Change - Change"

On 2017-5-5 at 9:44 PM, guypjfreak said:

Yea I do but I was wondering why the bread and roses wasn't on the map.. 

its a map made up by Avalon ( or close copy ) although they also did not list " The Park Bar  " -  Its been a problem ever since the split from the WBC so what used to be one map is now two - what you NEED IS the DPS Map - but they don't make that one public - just stagger about - as long as you can find "The Bread" we can meet up for a drink - its early days yet and will not know for 6 weeks "but it's looking good" (will fill you in by PM)

5 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

there is loads missing " and I am not going to correct it as I am on a phone ( The OPERATION went well - they may let me leave TODAY - about noon - at least I still have my two feet - four people lost toes - just their bad luck) WBC planning meet is this Saturday so may have map - I know that some bars will change to more " walk in bars" than Counterbars so none of these will give a clue as to which has been changed  - even my crew bar has changed its location so it's all "Change - Change - Change"

What's the difference between a "walk in bar" and a counterbar?

5 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

its a map made up by Avalon ( or close copy ) although they also did not list " The Park Bar  " -  Its been a problem ever since the split from the WBC so what used to be one map is now two - what you NEED IS the DPS Map - but they don't make that one public - just stagger about - as long as you can find "The Bread" we can meet up for a drink - its early days yet and will not know for 6 weeks "but it's looking good" (will fill you in by PM)

Hey old son that's great news..soz I forgot to pm you..  Hope they let you out.. Four toes why did they lose there toes.... Lol