Biffy Clyro

Franky

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double-edged sword here - Biffy were speaking with Emily at the NME Awards back a month or so. Booking them to sub is up there for a big-name, nationally at least - Ellipsis sold a shade more than Gaga's Joanne over opening six week sales, and we consider her perhaps the biggest sub going. But if Biffy are serious about their headline credentials, taking a sub-slot the year before the fallow only shoots them in the face, particularly with headline slots at two of the other Big Six UK festivals. In addition, it arguably makes those festivals look bad for booking them in the first place in those slots - R+L didn't look particularly good when both Foals and Disclosure played lesser spots at the Farm.

I'm going to drop this rumour into "complete bollocks" because if they were booked this year, I'm 75% sure it would have been as a headliner. And with Ed almost definitely (98.22%) the final piece of the jigsaw, it just seems a bit farfetched.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That Prison Planet guy that they have now, down the front wearing only a sock.

paul joseph watson, on a rare and confounding trip out from the safety of his big map, screaming at everyone that will listen that Pilton is the new rape capital of europe "i love to watch piss-weak beardy sexless, joyless rock music'

Edited by liamium

5 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Paul Joseph Watson has the greatest voice ever. It's just so condescending the tone of it, it's exactly how I picture Russy to sound like

He's a big fans of the Biffy albums Chandelier of Screams and Ultracorpse, though is less keen on their most recent release Teddybear Flambe.

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Double-edged sword here - Biffy were speaking with Emily at the NME Awards back a month or so. Booking them to sub is up there for a big-name, nationally at least - Ellipsis sold a shade more than Gaga's Joanne over opening six week sales, and we consider her perhaps the biggest sub going. But if Biffy are serious about their headline credentials, taking a sub-slot the year before the fallow only shoots them in the face, particularly with headline slots at two of the other Big Six UK festivals. In addition, it arguably makes those festivals look bad for booking them in the first place in those slots - R+L didn't look particularly good when both Foals and Disclosure played lesser spots at the Farm.

I'm going to drop this rumour into "complete bollocks" because if they were booked this year, I'm 75% sure it would have been as a headliner. And with Ed almost definitely (98.22%) the final piece of the jigsaw, it just seems a bit farfetched.

In a year where there's been rumours about Green Day headlining the other stage this doesn't sound that crazy in comparison

Weird that we have three unrealistic but potentially possible acts in the pipeline

biffy clyro, lady gaga, green day

surely we won't get all three, heck maybe none at all

so what do you all think? Will we got one or none?

i'd be more inclined to think none - but I don't think we've ever had instances like this in the past before.

last year we had our Radiohead rumour thinking that was the most bonkers thing that can ever come from this forum.... but then 2017 just had to come along and times that by three

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Weird that we have three unrealistic but potentially possible acts in the pipeline

biffy clyro, lady gaga, green day

surely we won't get all three, heck maybe none at all

so what do you all think? Will we got one or none?

i'd be more inclined to think none - but I don't think we've ever had instances like this in the past before.

last year we had our Radiohead rumour thinking that was the most bonkers thing that can ever come from this forum.... but then 2017 just had to come along and times that by three

More than likely we'll get none of em, but I'm readying to be surprised. Still quietly confident in Gaga being there given her comments. Green Day are increasingly seeming like a possibility only due to the lack of Other headliner ideas (although it's far more likely to be somebody other than them imo). As for Biffy, I don't see it, as they'd surely have to sub Foos and it just seems a little too samey + pretty much them admitting they're no longer headliners when they're already headlining another UK festival this year.

So yeah, fuck knows. Would be huge to have even one of them, but like always we'll probably just end up with the regular sized subs and Other headliners rather than anything extra special.

1 hour ago, tyranicide said:

We definitely won't get both Biffy and Gaga as the only place I could imagine them playing is Saturday sub. But we could potentially get one of them and green day, though like you said, most likely none of them 

If Royal Blood are being considered as suitable subs for Radiohead, then I'm not sure why Biffy couldn't be. 

Not saying it's likely, but I wouldn't narrow them down to the one slot (unless their dates rule them out)

5 minutes ago, DavisO89 said:

A Cliffy Biro?

cliffy biro.jpg

Why Biffy Clyro: “There’s a famous British musician called Cliff Richard,” explains singer-guitarist Simon Neil, “and when me and [drummer] Ben [Johnston] were 13 and bored in our little Scottish town of Ayr, we’d think up imaginary Cliff Richard merch products. We thought of things like Cliff Richard coat hangers and Cliff Richard Jesus dolls — he’s a big Christian singer. In the U.K. there’s a cheap kind of pen called a Biro pen and we thought about making Cliff Richard Biro pens. We’d call them Cliffy Biros. Somehow that turned into Biffy Clyro. Bizarrely, we weren’t high at the time. There’s just not a lot to do in Ayr. The weather is terrible.”

43 minutes ago, evannn said:

If Royal Blood are being considered as suitable subs for Radiohead, then I'm not sure why Biffy couldn't be. 

Not saying it's likely, but I wouldn't narrow them down to the one slot (unless their dates rule them out)

Because despite the general opinion on this forum, biffy could get a bigger (and more active) crowd than Radiohead and overshadow them. A lot less likely to happen if they're below foo fighters 

9 minutes ago, tyranicide said:

Because despite the general opinion on this forum, biffy could get a bigger (and more active) crowd than Radiohead and overshadow them. A lot less likely to happen if they're below foo fighters 

I likes me a bit of Biffy but a bigger crowd than Radiohead :lol:

Edited by OG

8 hours ago, tyranicide said:

Fair enough. I would've thought most Biffy fans would also be into Radiohead, maybe I've underestimated how much they blew up.