Jump to content
Fladog

JUSTICE

Recommended Posts

Okay if this is a goer I'm going with:

Py: Radiohead / Elbow

Ot: Boy Better Know / Royal Blood

Py: Ed Sheeran / The xx

Ot: Justice / George Ezra

Py: Foo Fighters / Kaiser Chiefs

Ot: alt-J / Imagine Dragons

3 v weak bookings in there but also some v strong bookings in there so meh.

Was gonna have Emeli Sande instead of George Ezra but she currently has 0 dates between April and October so maybe we'll avoid her. She could just be waiting for tickets to sell tbf as she has her own dates all over Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Will-2609 said:

Okay if this is a goer I'm going with:

Py: Radiohead / Elbow

Ot: Boy Better Know / Royal Blood

Py: Ed Sheeran / The xx

Ot: Justice / George Ezra

Py: Foo Fighters / Kaiser Chiefs

Ot: alt-J / Imagine Dragons

3 v weak bookings in there but also some v strong bookings in there so meh.

Was gonna have Emeli Sande instead of George Ezra but she currently has 0 dates between April and October so maybe we'll avoid her. She could just be waiting for tickets to sell tbf as she has her own dates all over Europe.

Yeah that's exactly the Pyramid subs and Other headliners I'm expecting now. I agree on Emeli Sande too, not expecting her at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry but I'm not having Elbow subbing Radiohead. No way. The xx or Pixies as a long shot.

Can't see Justice headlining the Other. As Gazza said, perhaps they will close the stage with someone else, a bigger act, on before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah that's exactly the Pyramid subs and Other headliners I'm expecting now. I agree on Emeli Sande too, not expecting her at all.

Yeh whilst some seem unlikely/out of place, there doesn't actually seem to be many likely options.

Major Lazer R&L exclusive, Prodigy looking unlikely due to other fests, Bon Iver not around, Gaga not active until later on, I think The Weeknd will just headline Wireless.

If it wasn't for both them and Elbow seeming like they'll be Friday if they're there I'd have had Royal Blood as a sub, either instead of Kaisers or by shifting The xx to Other headliners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jparx said:

I'm sorry but I'm not having Elbow subbing Radiohead. No way. The xx or Pixies as a long shot.

Can't see Justice headlining the Other. As Gazza said, perhaps they will close the stage with someone else, a bigger act, on before?

Even when that seems to have happened in the past (The xx and Pumpkins), the final act has still been billed as the headliner and there's been no way of verifying whether it was actually just a closing set. Maybe they'll stick a big act on before them who could have headlined it themselves but it'll just be down to our judgement whether they're headlining or just closing the stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When EE is saying they have booked 2 years worth of bands and its going to be the biggest yet (yes I know they've said that many times) 

The other stage headliners are not going to be Boy Better Know, Justice and Alt J 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

When EE is saying they have booked 2 years worth of bands and its going to be the biggest yet (yes I know they've said that many times) 

The other stage headliners are not going to be Boy Better Know, Justice and Alt J 

Agree with you there. Would be a very underwhelming trio, given that we've had rumours of acts like Green Day playing those slots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not suggesting Green Day would be better than any of those, just infinitely more huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Even when that seems to have happened in the past (The xx and Pumpkins), the final act has still been billed as the headliner and there's been no way of verifying whether it was actually just a closing set. Maybe they'll stick a big act on before them who could have headlined it themselves but it'll just be down to our judgement whether they're headlining or just closing the stage.

Tbh that's a good call from Gazza. Deadmau5 closed the stage over Ben Howard - who we'd heard from a friend of the band was headlining Saturday and is a much bigger proposition than the mousehead - so this could quite easily happen here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Agree with you there. Would be a very underwhelming trio, given that we've had rumours of acts like Green Day playing those slots.

We always have rumours like this and they never ever happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Will-2609 said:

We always have rumours like this and they never ever happen.

You could try and be optimistic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Okay if this is a goer I'm going with:

Py: Radiohead / Elbow

Ot: Boy Better Know / Royal Blood

Py: Ed Sheeran / The xx

Ot: Justice / George Ezra

Py: Foo Fighters / Kaiser Chiefs

Ot: alt-J / Imagine Dragons

3 v weak bookings in there but also some v strong bookings in there so meh.

Was gonna have Emeli Sande instead of George Ezra but she currently has 0 dates between April and October so maybe we'll avoid her. She could just be waiting for tickets to sell tbf as she has her own dates all over Europe.

Would be more than happy with Royal Blood into Radiohead and The xx into Justice but fuck me, I'd be struggling on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye the closing set thing could be a goer, especially if they weren't able to find a big enough appropriate dance/electronic act to headline the Other one night. Still not convinced it'll happen but they could do a hell of a lot worse than Justice, and leaves an interesting prospect of the 'headliner' who would go on before them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

3 v weak bookings in there

If Elbow's one of them, I was really surprised to find out their latest album got about 40k sales in its first week which is a pretty good showing and not much down from their best first week either. Many a major headline-sized band have done totals of less in the same timeframe. Nowt to do with Justice or the Other Stage but just an opportunity to bring that up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't think Elbow at sub is weak at all, just a bit dull. If they're on before Radiohead that's perfect for me, makes it easier to rock up later for Radiohead and get a good spot than it would be after, say, The XX. 

I agree this'll probably end up being a 'closing set' like scenario. Clearly been a tactic to have dance-ish 'headliners' on Other in recent years so I reckon they're just following that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tbh that's a good call from Gazza. Deadmau5 closed the stage over Ben Howard - who we'd heard from a friend of the band was headlining Saturday and is a much bigger proposition than the mousehead - so this could quite easily happen here.

Oh I don't deny it could happen, but even if it does appear to happen we'll never know if it was technically a closing set or whatever. I'd have probably stuck Royal Blood or Imagine Dragons (are they a bigger deal than most Other subs or has Gazza brainwashed me by telling me (and everyone else) they're bigger than Foals 5 million times) on before em for this reason but the days I expect them all to play meant I didn't in the end.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If Elbow's one of them, I was really surprised to find out their latest album got about 40k sales in its first week which is a pretty good showing and not much down from their best first week either. Many a major headline-sized band have done totals of less in the same timeframe. Nowt to do with Justice or the Other Stage but just an opportunity to bring that up.

How did u quote kingcrawler saying my post. Voodoo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be happy as balls with Justice heading up Other. Great mood lifter to get the party started for the night!

Also makes me chuckle how big names are safe and boring but Justice are too small....WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT??!! :lol:

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'd be happy as balls with Justice heading up Other. Great mood lifter to get the party started for the night!

Also makes me chuckle how big names are safe and boring but Justice are too small....WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT??!! :lol:

 

I don't think complaining about bookings being too safe tends to happen with Other headliners. I doubt many would contest the booking of Major Lazer, The Prodigy, The xx, Bon Iver, The Weeknd, alt-J, etc., personal dislike aside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

I don't think complaining about bookings being too safe tends to happen with Other headliners. I doubt many would contest the booking of Major Lazer, The Prodigy, The xx, Bon Iver, The Weeknd, alt-J, etc., personal dislike aside.

A general prod at comments on headline acts Will, but aye.

Edited by Quark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'd be happy as balls with Justice heading up Other. Great mood lifter to get the party started for the night!

Also makes me chuckle how big names are safe and boring but Justice are too small....WHAT DO YOU PEOPLE WANT??!! :lol:

 

Remind me to come back tomorrow and up-vote this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SPTFRE said:

Remind me to come back tomorrow and up-vote this

Thought that counts ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

MCA not to have carked it and for it to be the Beastie Boys.

Beautifully specific. And a good shout to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×