Pet Shop Boys

The longdrops

1 hour ago, SPTFRE said:

Announced as winner of this year's NME "Godlike Genius" award, for what that's worth. Has no bearing on a Glastonbury appearance whatsoever but fingers crossed they announce something on the night. Never seen them live and they're definitely due back to the farm.

Edit: I see the only date they could play is Friday 23. And that would mean shows on 23, 24, 25 and 26. Probably unlikely. Oh well.

Really want to see them - though I can't do the Leeds show as I'm working in bloody Hull that night and can't do the Manchester one as I'm working in Wakefield too.

So a slot at Glasto would have been grand - except they're probably an Other headliner, which would put them against Radiohead. The other route would be subbing Radiohead - and that's if they do choose four nights on the trot.

Slightly intrigued by this Festival in the North show. I mean, they're on level billing with The Libertines, which is right to me, but may seem a coup for others as they only headlined R+L and T in 2015.

Extra dates at Blackpool and Nottingham announced. Glastonbury shaped hole ?

June 2017

• TicketsWednesday 21Blackpool Empress BallBlackpoolUK
  • TicketsThursday 22Nottingham Motorpoint ArenaNottinghamUK
  • TicketsSaturday 24Tinderbox FestivalOdenseDenmark
  • TicketsSunday 25Swiss Life HallHannoverGermany
  • TicketsMonday 26FestspielhausBaden-BadenGermany

5 minutes ago, poppyh24 said:

A lot will depend on their set... their live act is so theatrical... loads of costume changes, sets, dancers... they might do a scaled down version for Glasto, which might make the Friday a goer

Recent tour was pretty stripped down. The least lavish i've ever seen them in terms of dancers, costumes etc. All the money had been spent on lasers and lights

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Recent tour was pretty stripped down. The least lavish i've ever seen them in terms of dancers, costumes etc. All the money had been spent on lasers and lights

Yeh, know what you mean... we saw them 2010 and 2014 and noticed a difference between those two in terms of set's.. still amazing though... would love to see them at Glasto (with or without weird hats!)

Saw them In Manchester last night great show would have liked being boring and it's alright in set but can't have everything.  Strange thing was they were on at 8 finished at 10 no support . Don't think I've ever been to a gig that's finished that early . Neil must be getting tired in his 60s :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Homer said:

Headlining Gay Pride in Brighton on Sat 5th August. I got tickets earlier. They're on a tier system, currently only £21 each. Bargain!

As a Yorkshireman, I fully approve of these bargains.

I think I'm going to try and sort out a press opportunity with that festival starting in Northumbria where they're playing - but a booking on the Sunday night would be excellent.