Aphex Twin is touring

rawaudioinput

34 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can someone give me some pointers in getting started with Bon Iver.  People on here whose tastes are similar to mine keep name checking him (them?), but everything I've heard in passing was more like Bon Ive-bore*!

*I'll get me coat. 

I'd just listen chronologically, 'For Emma's' a good introduction but it's considerably different from 22 A Million. The second album bridges the gap and is probably still his/their best album. If you can get on board with those it's worth going on to the latest. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kernowram said:

He lives just down the road, I'll ask him next time I see him

I remember a couple years ago there was the interview where he said he'd moved to a village nearish Glasgow where he'd swim in the stream outside his house and few people knew who he was.

Then someone on a forum said it was bollocks and he just makes stuff up in interviews for fun.

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Well fuck me.

He was part of my initial dream trio of headliners (Radiohead Py/Aphex Twin WH/NIN Ot) but as time went on I realised it's Aphex Twin and he probably won't be touring/playing Glasto.

It's back on, then.

Radiohead Pyramid, Aphex Twin Park/West Holts(?), Bon Iver Other is the new dream. Sorry Justice you've been usurped.

For the record, this guy mentioned Bon Iver first....I love both but am seeing Bon in Feb so would be more excited about Aphex Twin. so there. 

I saw him in a club in 96/97 I think where he set up a tape machine, pressed play and sat at the side of the stage playing games on an old console whilst smoking a cigar.

At least I think that was what happening. I also bumped into Bez that night and chatted rubbish with him briefly. Andrew Weatherall may have also played a set that too.

That it was a good night is as much else as I can recall. 

Edited by Trout Mask Replica

So happy to hear this. Can't even think of anyone else that could drag me away from him, apart from maybe Kate Bush.

As others have said, I really hope if he does play he gets a set somewhere out of the late night area, and at a reasonable hour. I'd need to be on something these days to make it past even 2am at festivals, and I really can't be bothered with comedowns any more! 

@Trout Mask Replica Aphex Twin and Weatherall on the same night, holy fuck :D

So what exactly is the extent of his relationship with the festival? I know about the AFX set in 2014, but as far as I know that's his only appearance in the years I've been going. Did he play a lot in the 90s and early 00s? Has he talked much about the festival in interviews?

I'm asking because I really want to see him but will skip Field Day if he's nailed on for Glastonbury. Some here are talking as if he is but I'm not so confident, should I just buy a Field Day ticket to be sure?

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets said:

So what exactly is the extent of his relationship with the festival? I know about the AFX set in 2014, but as far as I know that's his only appearance in the years I've been going. Did he play a lot in the 90s and early 00s? Has he talked much about the festival in interviews?

I'm asking because I really want to see him but will skip Field Day if he's nailed on for Glastonbury. Some here are talking as if he is but I'm not so confident, should I just buy a Field Day ticket to be sure?

He's not played 'officially' that often, but he's turned up under various guises often unannounced several times. a field day ticket would offer more certainty than we'll have until, and possibly even after, the Glastonbury line up comes out. 

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Field Day have officially announced him now

42 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Yeah I think I'll just get a Field Day ticket, it's £40 for a day ticket which probably isn't much more than he'd charge for a normal gig, and if he plays Glastonbury I can just see him twice, or watch someone else

Am I right in thinking the tickets aren't actually on sale yet? can't find a link 

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Am I right in thinking the tickets aren't actually on sale yet? can't find a link 

Yeah you're right, they've done the "early bird" sale but I'm not sure when they go on sale properly. Will be £40 for Saturday, £35 for Sunday or £65 for the weekend according to this. Do we know which day he's playing yet?

4 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

Yeah you're right, they've done the "early bird" sale but I'm not sure when they go on sale properly. Will be £40 for Saturday, £35 for Sunday or £65 for the weekend according to this. Do we know which day he's playing yet?

It's the Saturday according to that scratchcard as it said the 3rd. 

It'll be quite tricky to get tickets I reckon given how rarely he plays.

If you live in London, there are usually loads of venues that sell physical tickets.

If they do sell out online, and there are places selling physical tickets, drop me a PM if you don't live nearby (that goes for anyone)

Anyway, it normally doesn't sell out and it's very easy to get second hand tickets in the run up to it. Remember seeing listings on Twickets for £20-25 last year. 

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He's a rarity but it wouldn't sell that quick would it? There are like 30,000 tickets aren't there?

I was just being pessimistic to be honest. Don't actually have a clue never having been to Field Day! Hopefully it won't then. I guess LCD at lovebox was a bit of a rarity too and that was fine.  

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I was just being pessimistic to be honest. Don't actually have a clue never having been to Field Day! Hopefully it won't then. I guess LCD at lovebox was a bit of a rarity too and that was fine.  

I think you'll be fine. It could even be still on sale by the time the first Glastonbury poster drops but obviously I wouldn't advise testing that out. :P

Just now, dentalplan said:

I think you'll be fine. It could even be still on sale by the time the first Glastonbury poster drops but obviously I wouldn't advise testing that out. :P

I'll be going to Field Day regardless. More than happy to see him twice! And that will solve any worries of clashes/bad scheduling etc. There's no way I'll make a naughty corner early hours slot.