The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Johnkhutch said:

That's very strange... surely there can't be another official resale? Unless they're opening up for competition entrants? That'd be a bit of a piss take!

Yes it definitely has 'new registrations' as well as editing old ones. It's either a mistake or like you said there may be another official sale....

Just thought I'd pop in and give my advice for the secret resale which helped last year...

This free Chrome extension can be set up to constantly ping the ticket pages and tell you when there's a change:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/visualping/fbhjaehnpccniaiedddkbdhgicmcmgng?hl=en

Obvs you need to be sat in front of your computer but if you have a desk job like me then that's not too much of an issue. Set it to ping every second.

Also, grab this free Chrome extension which auto fills forms:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autofill/nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk?hl=en

Set it up like this:

autofill.thumb.png.43fda57ef5e9d3ac19091cdc482ba8e5.png

Put your own reg details in the values and set site to glastonbury.seetickets.com.

Now when something changes, you'll know within a second and if you're lucky enough to get through to the ticket page your details will already be filled out leaving just the credit card details to go.

Hope this helps!

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Always been midweek I'm afraid, during the day too. I don't think there are many things Glastonbury do wrong or unfairly but I do think that the secret resales should be at a different time. Only office workers or people who can whip out a mobile phone at a moments notice have any hope. There will always be a time when some people can't try but 6pm similar to the coach sale seems more reasonable.

Cue 'but I'd be on the bus, driving home, I work evenings etc.' posts.

i work daytime , evenings , weekends so for shift type workers it can never be fair but I've been lucky that its fallen on my day off before ..and I've been lucky  but the whole ticket buying process is luck mixed with a little persistence , stick with as is its such a small number of tickets 

Thanks @Jamie D!

One other thing...and again, a very stupid question...but I presume I just put www.glastonbury.seetickets.com in the last column? As I don't know what exact URL they'll use for the sale...

On another note, filling out that form is probably one of the most techie things I've ever done. This Glastonbury obsession is certainly teaching me a lot about computers which I didn't know before!

Edited by Sasperella

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Thanks @Jamie D!

One other thing...and again, a very stupid question...but I presume I just put www.glastonbury.seetickets.com in the last column? As I don't know what exact URL they'll use for the sale...

On another note, filling out that form is probably one of the most techie things I've ever done. This Glastonbury obsession is certainly teaching me a lot about computers which I didn't know before!

I dont use that column but have a 'profile' set up with glastonbury.seetickets.com as the site url. Seems to work for any page on that domain.

I'm afraid techiness does give a slight advantage when it comes to Glastonbury tickets!

16 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

I'm afraid techiness does give a slight advantage when it comes to Glastonbury tickets!

It can only be a few years away before the event horizon of everyone at Glastonbury being a techie!

(Mind you, there is either no sign of this at all yet, or they're the loveliest bunch of techie's on earth)

18 hours ago, Jamie D said:

Just thought I'd pop in and give my advice for the secret resale which helped last year...

This free Chrome extension can be set up to constantly ping the ticket pages and tell you when there's a change:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/visualping/fbhjaehnpccniaiedddkbdhgicmcmgng?hl=en

Obvs you need to be sat in front of your computer but if you have a desk job like me then that's not too much of an issue. Set it to ping every second.

Also, grab this free Chrome extension which auto fills forms:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/autofill/nlmmgnhgdeffjkdckmikfpnddkbbfkkk?hl=en

Set it up like this:

autofill.thumb.png.43fda57ef5e9d3ac19091cdc482ba8e5.png

Put your own reg details in the values and set site to glastonbury.seetickets.com.

Now when something changes, you'll know within a second and if you're lucky enough to get through to the ticket page your details will already be filled out leaving just the credit card details to go.

Hope this helps!

I came across these secret resales by chance in 2013. i'd scripted up an html scanner to check for page changes on the off chance that they put tickets up for sale. i was sitting at my desk in mid-may when i got a notification. couldn't believe my luck. i remember there being tickets on sale for an hour or so back then - those were the days...

I use autohotkey to save time with filling out forms...

22 hours ago, lexlogic said:

Yes it definitely has 'new registrations' as well as editing old ones. It's either a mistake or like you said there may be another official sale....

No there won't be another official sale there just letting the lazy sods that did not get themselves registered before this year's sales get registered for next year..

It would be very unfair to allow them to have the same chance of getting a ticket now.. Especially if you did not get a ticket and are hoping to get one in a secret sale.. 

17 hours ago, Quark said:

Just in case no one has seen this yet. @MilkyJoe @grumpyhack

https://twitter.com/nationalexpress/status/856473545660014592?s=09

National Express ticket competition

Edit - just seen the competition thread has this covered.

No use to me as I take a caravan.