The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I believe the success of those using http://www.checkpage.co.uk to alert them to tickets on sale last year was pretty damned high, tho I only have the anecdotal to go on for that.

If I rembember rightly, it only works in the UK. Is that right, Neil?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

Thanks for this, have set a reminder to sign up after the resale (have to prepare for failure!).

Just to be clear, this will send an alert whenever the Glasto ticket page changes, which is likely to change because more tickets have been put up for sale?  And then it's just a case of who reacts quickest to go on the site and get the tickets?

yeah, it sends both an email and a text msg to your phone, meaning that there's two separate ways of being alerted, and which doesn't tie you to an email client or require lots of data-usage.

For some people other methods might be better, but for others a system like this will work better.

(the alerting system also has some filters within it, so that you shouldn't get unnecessary alerts because of 'server busy' and the like which also changes the page - tho those filters are only good if See doesn't change the error msg's, which it has done on occasions).

note: because it costs to send texts, there's a small change for using checkpage. Any profits from it are used to help run efestivals.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, it sends both an email and a text msg to your phone, meaning that there's two separate ways of being alerted, and which doesn't tie you to an email client or require lots of data-usage.

For some people other methods might be better, but for others a system like this will work better.

(the alerting system also has some filters within it, so that you shouldn't get unnecessary alerts because of 'server busy' and the like which also changes the page - tho those filters are only good if See doesn't change the error msg's, which it has done on occasions).

note: because it costs to send texts, there's a small change for using checkpage. Any profits from it are used to help run efestivals.

Thanks Neil.  I was going to sign up anyway but now I know proceeds go to Efests, happy days!

8 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Just had to cancel a friends ticket who can no longer go as even though I don't have a ticket I was down as the lead booker as I got their tickets for them. Felt so horrible cancelling a ticket but it's another one in the pot for us :) 

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Been telling myself I'll get tix in the resale to ease the pain of missing out in October but it's become clear I just can't afford to pay the full balance in one block next month...gonna be on the lookout for competitions but if I can't get tix for free I'm gonna have to miss out :( great timing seeing that this year's line-up is shaping up to be suited perfectly to my tastes, I hate accepting defeat

6 minutes ago, irm96 said:

Been telling myself I'll get tix in the resale to ease the pain of missing out in October but it's become clear I just can't afford to pay the full balance in one block next month...gonna be on the lookout for competitions but if I can't get tix for free I'm gonna have to miss out :( great timing seeing that this year's line-up is shaping up to be suited perfectly to my tastes, I hate accepting defeat

Never ever accept defeat! It's not over until June.

19 minutes ago, danielharris627 said:

Does anyone know of any volunteering options still open? Unfortunately I wasn't able to apply to any of the ones that required attending a training session before the festival as I won't be in the country.

You will more than likely require training for any of the stewarding ones or anything from a big organisation like greenpeace, oxfam or wateraid. This leaves you with the stalls really and in all honesty those ones take a bit of luck to grab cos individual retailers will only have like 2 or 3 extra working tickets 

Thought i'd post a little bit of advice with the resale looming :) there WAS a backdoor link during the main sale this year - a friend of mine managed to get tickets for a large amount of people by using the backdoor link. It's similar to the holding page URL but with a forward slash and a couple of letters (can't remember what they were, sorry). If you get onto the booking page and have other people wanting tickets (I know it's hard in the rush of the moment) copy the URL once you get onto the booking page before you do anything else. It will mean you can get back on multiple times. Good luck people :) 

3 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

You will more than likely require training for any of the stewarding ones or anything from a big organisation like greenpeace, oxfam or wateraid. This leaves you with the stalls really and in all honesty those ones take a bit of luck to grab cos individual retailers will only have like 2 or 3 extra working tickets 

In many respects yes, but I did get the late offer to work for Oxfam last year, even though I hadn't done any training for them, so keep a look out for any emails from them.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

In many respects yes, but I did get the late offer to work for Oxfam last year, even though I hadn't done any training for them, so keep a look out for any emails from them.

I got the late offer for Oxfam too but had to do training - if you've done any training with them within 4 years you don't have to do training

3 hours ago, MadScientist said:

Sorry I mean as in, training session a few weeks before the festival (which I believe Oxfam do?). Anything from Monday onwards I can do onsite. I'm sure my friend had a recycling one that required no training prior to the week of the festival, will have to double check.

5 hours ago, MadScientist said:

Thought i'd post a little bit of advice with the resale looming :) there WAS a backdoor link during the main sale this year - a friend of mine managed to get tickets for a large amount of people by using the backdoor link. It's similar to the holding page URL but with a forward slash and a couple of letters (can't remember what they were, sorry). If you get onto the booking page and have other people wanting tickets (I know it's hard in the rush of the moment) copy the URL once you get onto the booking page before you do anything else. It will mean you can get back on multiple times. Good luck people :) 

wouldnt that just be based on your session ID??

3 hours ago, danielharris627 said:

Sorry I mean as in, training session a few weeks before the festival (which I believe Oxfam do?). Anything from Monday onwards I can do onsite. I'm sure my friend had a recycling one that required no training prior to the week of the festival, will have to double check.

Drop Oxfam an email and ask if you can do the training online, that's how I did mine as I'm 125 miles away from the nearest venue. Email is Stewards@Oxfam.org.uk

The remaining places will be available from 10am on 28 March I think, so get ahead by doing your pre application. (see link below) Then on the 28th all you will need to do is select your festival/s and pay your deposit Glastonbury for 2017 is £240 and as long as your shifts are completed this will be refunded 6 weeks after the festival.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/Stewarding  :) 

Edited by StoneCircle

18 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Drop Oxfam an email and ask if you can do the training online, that's how I did mine as I'm 125 miles away from the nearest venue. Email is Stewards@Oxfam.org.uk

The remaining places will be available from 10am on 28 March I think, so get ahead by doing your pre application. (see link below) Then on the 28th all you will need to do is select your festival/s and pay your deposit Glastonbury for 2017 is £240 and as long as your shifts are completed this will be refunded 6 weeks after the festival.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/Stewarding  :) 

Appreciate this so much, thank you! Will definitely get on with it.