King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

Heavenly properly ballsed-up my order, and how now totally cancelled. Re-ordered through another record store though, so hopefully will arrive today/tomorrow. I need this album in my life!

What's the running order like? Does it have lots of lengthy jams rolled into one like In You Mind or Nonagon, or is it closer to a 'normal' album like Paper Maché?

6 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Heavenly properly ballsed-up my order, and how now totally cancelled. Re-ordered through another record store though, so hopefully will arrive today/tomorrow. I need this album in my life!

What's the running order like? Does it have lots of lengthy jams rolled into one like In You Mind or Nonagon, or is it closer to a 'normal' album like Paper Maché?

to me definitely the former. It plays through really well and sounds more like the first 2 rather than Paper Mache.

If you love IIYMF and NI you'll definitely love FMB

On 28/02/2017 at 9:23 AM, mungo57 said:

Enjoy :D

I'm lucky that I can basically blast music at my place - don't share my office really anymore and my door is glass so I can see anyone approaching and turn my sounds down :D

Late reports are better than no reports at all...

Gave the album a listen yesterday, and while I didn't love it right away like Nonagon, I did really enjoy it. Best analogy I could think of is a drug one, which I think is quite appropriate. Nonagon Infinity is like cocaine. It's loud, frantic and in your face. It's a 200mph, extroverted, rollercoaster. FMB is more like an acid trip, slow and subtle, introspective and measured. 

23 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wish I lived in Melbourne still, they're playing a week-long residency in this small venue called the Nightcat. Used to go there all the time when I was at uni. One set of the Microtonal Banana in full, and one of the classics. Lucky fuckers. I'd go several times in a week to see that.

Ty Segall is a bastard. Same age as me and he's churned out so much excellent music. Makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life! I've got tickets to the Coronet gig too and very excited. I've been a fan for a while but not managed to make one of his shows yet.

I won't post a link to another forum on here out of respect for Neil but some of the things being written on the Gizz reddit about the 'gizzverse' are amazing..... people have literally dissected all their work to find any hidden meaning about the connections between the albums.

I must say I fucking love that sort of thing. I remember doing the same when Lost was on the telly. May the Gizz live on forever!

edit: it has to be done when I get paid on the 10th I'm buying myself a ticket to Ty Segall at the Coronet...... haven't been there since I saw I think it was The Horrors there in about 2007/8..........

Edited by mungo57

Got A Weird Exits by Thee Oh Sees on at the minute - another band this thread (I think) got me into a while back that have a fucking MASSIVE discography to work through. Now I've gotten back into buying vinyl and I've quit smoking I can see where the fag money's gonna go..... also gonna need to clear space on the Ikea Kallax things I bought...... Steven Wilson got relegated to the second shelf the other day!

21 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Saw Goat at the Coronet the other month. It's alright. 

I looked again and it was most definitely the horrors but supporting someone or as part of a club night I went to there.

i was at uni at the time there was every chance I was on something psychoactive that clouded my mind!

i seem to remember red

3 hours ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

Mungo 57, Thee oh Sees are brilliant. One of the bands I must see this year. How good is Gelatinous Cube. Try Coffin Lid, Drop and Mutilator defeated at last.

They are one of the most exciting bands around at the moment in my humble opinion along with Gizzard and Ty Segall  

I've only heard the exits/entrances album at the moment, I do most of my listening at work so ill listen to the ones you mentioned tomorrow and overturned few days.

2 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

You guys have very fine taste.

I do love the Gizz thread for for fine taste :D

Edited by mungo57

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Finally bought the new one. Wasn't that fussed having only heard a few minutes of rattlesnake and thinking it was just too similar to nonagon. 

Well that shut the doubter up! First impression after one listen is it's a great album. Can tell it's them but I was so wrong about it being more of the same!

Rattlesnake isn't like anything on Nonagon...? It has that groove that they invariably nail, but it's pretty different IMO.