King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Mash011

3 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Quite something, isn't it?

That video covers tracks 16-21 of the album, by the way (it's actually 21 tracks, Lord of Lightning is just one track). So we've basically heard almost all of the album in some form now - seems it breaks down to three chapters which are Altered Beast/Lord of Lightning + Balrog/Han-Tyumi. I like that new vid a lot but from what I've heard the other two parts are much more exciting.

you can listen to altered beast and lord of lightening on youtube but I'm super hyped to hear the studio versions

Fucking hell these vinyls are flying out. The lads are making big bickies. Bet they're regretting the seven-man band now.

I'm waiting around to see if there is anything on offer from any indies in the UK. Not really tempted by Heavenly's and I figure there might be time to wait before the vomit splatter one goes - and as there's a new Nonagon pressing on the US store that splits the delivery costs per item. :P

EDIT: they've got new FMB and PMDB (for completionist purposes) pressings too. I can't do it. I was visited by a ghost of homeless dentalplan holding Gizzard vinyls and he looked fucked.

Edited by dentalplan

Just listened to that there Chapter 3. On paper, the movement towards a more metal sound shouldn't my bag as much as the krautrock/garage sound I love them for, but I couldn't help but be drawn in by it all. Plus the mentions of jazzier stuff upcoming... man. Today is going to be a Gizz day.

15 hours ago, priest17 said:

there's not many bands I know it'll be worthwhile turning the football off for 13 minutes, King Gillard aren't many bands. 

EDIT: Sweet Christmas I just finished it, it's a notch above what I was expecting which is very very high for the Gizz. Probably the best sci-fi/vomit/experimental rock/voice synthesised 13 minutes of my life. Time for round 2.

That's ... incredible.

37 minutes ago, horrorshow said:

wish they had've made the UK pressing a splatter or tricolour, a glow in the dark splatter would be insane! its a shame we're missing out on the booklets too

Yeah and the Heavenly releases are usually a bit sub-par compared to Flightless and ATO. I tend to just bite the bullet and fork out for the Flightless releases because theirs tend to be the best, although the ATO release this time around looks cool and is limited to 1000.

11 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Yeah and the Heavenly releases are usually a bit sub-par compared to Flightless and ATO. I tend to just bite the bullet and fork out for the Flightless releases because theirs tend to be the best, although the ATO release this time around looks cool and is limited to 1000.

I think it's 2000

31 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

How do they fit three sets in then tho? Unless they play multiple days but that's not what happened last time.

Well last time it was Park at 1, WG at 7ish and a late set on Crow's Nest. Switch Park and WG around or something and its pretty easily done. Wouldn't be surprised if they do one show a day though and stay Friday-Sunday seeing as it appears to be the end of their tour and they don't have to run off anywhere, with Sunday being on a main stage and that's why we have that date in print.

As much as I love 'em, I think I'm gonna stick sternly to my 'don't see an act twice in one Glastonbury' policy and choose the one that fits my schedule. Although Crows Nest will be a write-off so not that.

Edited by dentalplan

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well last time it was Park at 1, WG at 7ish and a late set on Crow's Nest. Switch Park and WG around or something and its pretty easily done. Wouldn't be surprised if they do one show a day though and stay Friday-Sunday seeing as it appears to be the end of their tour and they don't have to run off anywhere, with Sunday being on a main stage and that's why we have that date in print.

As much as I love 'em, I think I'm gonna stick sternly to my 'don't see an act twice in one Glastonbury' policy and choose the one that fits my schedule. Although Crows Nest will be a write-off so not that.

Hopefully the three sets will be varied enough to warrant mutliple viewings though - my dream is standard/'hits' set early Other, heavy as fuck new material evening in WG/Avalon, and a night time set ideally Hell of groovy microtonal/Quarters stuff.

Just now, Mash011 said:

Hopefully the three sets will be varied enough to warrant mutliple viewings though - my dream is standard/'hits' set early Other, heavy as fuck new material evening in WG/Avalon, and a night time set ideally Hell of groovy microtonal/Quarters stuff.

Avalon? The spiritual home of Turin Brakes and Stornoway? I don't think they'll play there.

Sadly Crow's Nest will be a lock due to the Heavenly connection - I think they're involved with the programming or something as all their bands end up on there. WG isn't certain but I'm anticipating it. Hell would work and it'd be cool but if it's Sunday night I'd have to miss it.

They destroyed it on the Coachella livestream. They got Americans in the sweltering Californian sun going for it!

That setlist as well, two new ones which sounded fantastic, two highlights off both MFB and IIYMF, the three best bits from NI - absolutely ideal.

I want to see them at Field Day and all three times at Glastonbury. What a band!

Edited by theevilfridge