Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

Anyone else have OKNOTOK on vinyl? There's no track names on the discs themselves and there's 3 double sided discs so I'm never really sure what song I'm about to listen to but I find of like it?

I picked it up for 25 Euro in a record shop this morning, cheaper than Radioheads own website if I'm not mistaken?

On 28/07/2017 at 1:53 PM, Madyaker said:

Anyone else have OKNOTOK on vinyl? There's no track names on the discs themselves and there's 3 double sided discs so I'm never really sure what song I'm about to listen to but I find of like it?

The vinyl has names listed in the small print. Ip/Skip, Sky/Blue, Who's/It. It follows on from the sides of OKC being named eeny/meeny, miney/mo.

...and in googling it I just found out about the blue vinyl edition! Bit annoying how bands always have the 'special edition' and the 'coloured vinyl edition' as two separate items, especially considering the price of the special bundle.  (Arcade Fire did the same thing with special artwork edition or coloured vinyl edition)

Edited by fowls

Watching it again ( why not? ;) )

Another observation - that crowd is like a political tinderbox.  Not just the Corbyn singalong, but in No Surprises, on the line "they don't speak for us", there's a massive cheer as if there has been some hi-jinx on the stage or Johnny Depp had just walked on.  But there wasn't, everything was normal, Thom didn't even ham up the line - it was just the words written 20 years ago striking a chord with the crowd.

Extraordinary gig, extraordinary festival.

• Upvote 1

The same happened a few months ago in the U.S. and they even paused after the line and the place went wild. Tho it's cool that a festival crowd is anticipating that line and celebrating the message. I assumed that line was what spurred on the Corbyn chants tho obviously it didn't take a lot to get that chant going over the weekend.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The same happened a few months ago in the U.S. and they even paused after the line and the place went wild. Tho it's cool that a festival crowd is anticipating that line and celebrating the message. I assumed that line was what spurred on the Corbyn chants tho obviously it didn't take a lot to get that chant going over the weekend.

The Corbyn chant was caused by him saying "Hope" after saying talking about a future for our children worth having rather than one decided by useless politicians.  This was between Idioteque and You and Whose Army.  The No Surprises bit was several songs later.

Ironic how the crowd started chanting a politician's name after he had a go at politicians.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The Corbyn chant was caused by him saying "Hope" after saying talking about a future for our children worth having rather than one decided by useless politicians.  This was between Idioteque and You and Whose Army.  The No Surprises bit was several songs later.

Ironic how the crowd started chanting a politician's name after he had a go at politicians.

Ah I'm getting mixed up with something else then. And yeah that is true. :lol:

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There was another round when he told Theresa to watch the door on her way out or something to that effect. 

Question:

Assuming you don't already think Kid A is the best album, if it was initially released combined with some of Amnesiac, with something like the below track list, would it be unquestionably their best record? It would be impossible to separate it from OKC imo.

Everything in its Right Place

Kid A

Pyramid Song

The National Anthem

I Might Be Wrong

How to Disappear Completely

Packt Like Sardines in a Crushed Tin Box

Optimistic

You and Whose Army?

Idioteque

Like Spinning Plates

Motion Picture Soundtrack

On 01/08/2017 at 9:24 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

I meant there wasn't another round of Corbyn singing.  You can hear the exact quote on the video I posted above.

Definitely was where I was stood. Maybe not enough to carry onto the stream, or isolated to one part of the field.