Football 16-17

kaosmark2

16 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I can't agree with keown calling Shakespeare "out of order" for wanting the Leicester job. I haven't heard him say similar things about some of his contemporaries parachuted into big jobs with no managerial/ coaching experience.

Yeah I'm not sure he would be saying the same thing about his mate Bould if the same happened there (which obviously it won't but that's not the point). I don't rate Keown as a pundit at all. I do like Murphy though - sue me

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Yeah I'm not sure he would be saying the same thing about his mate Bould if the same happened there (which obviously it won't but that's not the point). I don't rate Keown as a pundit at all. I do like Murphy though - sue me

The amount of pundits expecting small clubs to hire Ryan bloody giggs...

The players and fans want shakespeare, and he clearly is doing a very good job so far. No one had a go at tim sherwood for wanting to keep the spurs job!

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Nal said Liverpool were 'shit', yep. 

No I did not. I said their recent form has been shit. Which it has. Theyve blown their chance at the league and got knocked out of two cups.

6 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Nal is a troll.

Oh look whos back posting after Liverpool win!

15 minutes ago, The Nal said:

The squad is shit. Clearly. 

And the football in 2017 has been dreadful. 

Or is the squad good? !

They're undefeated against the top sides. Three of the teams they've lost to had just sacked their manager. They've spent no money. A mad league campaign.

But only 4 other occasions in the premier league have we had this many points at this stage. 

I think the top 3 will now stay as it is. I haven't got a clue who will get the 4th champions league place and Utd have probably got as good a chance of getting in via the Europa as the league.

Edited by lost

1 hour ago, DavisO89 said:

Anyone else think he'll be the one to break Shearer's premier league record? 

IMG_3767.JPG

He hasn't had a 30 plus season yet and Shearer managed 3 of those but Shearer's injury seasons brought his average down.

Kane is 23? I guess it depends on how fit he keeps and if he can keep getting 20 plus for another 10 seasons.

I reckons he'll fall just short.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

46 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

He hasn't had a 30 plus season yet and Shearer managed 3 of those but Shearer's injury seasons brought his average down.

Kane is 23? I guess it depends on how fit he keeps and if he can keep getting 20 plus for another 10 seasons.

I reckons he'll fall just short.

To be fair he's goals per game ratio this year would have him finish on 28/29 this season if continued - and thats with missing 5 games earlier on. He's scoring at a higher rate each season (much higher this season) so I don't see why he could be right up there. He's also not the sort of player that should be vulnerable to a lot of muscle injuries throughout his career due to his lack of explosiveness pace-wise. He is someone that does need service however. He has been helped massively by Eriksen and Alli providing a lot for him.

32 minutes ago, mjsell said:

To be fair he's goals per game ratio this year would have him finish on 28/29 this season if continued - and thats with missing 5 games earlier on. He's scoring at a higher rate each season (much higher this season) so I don't see why he could be right up there. He's also not the sort of player that should be vulnerable to a lot of muscle injuries throughout his career due to his lack of explosiveness pace-wise. He is someone that does need service however. He has been helped massively by Eriksen and Alli providing a lot for him.

Imagine if Shearer hadn't had those two nasty injuries. He could have been knocking on 300!

Kane will get up and around 200 I would think.

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Will he stay in the premier league long enough to beat Shearer?

28 minutes ago, LJS said:

Will he stay in the premier league long enough to beat Shearer?

He can barely speak English I can't imagine he would do too well with other cultures. I don't see him wanting to leave Spurs for a fair while yet. From the local area, just had a kid, fans love him, just signed a new contract and most importantly he is scoring goals and his club is on the up and up. The only reason for him to go is money and only money. 

6 minutes ago, mjsell said:

He can barely speak English I can't imagine he would do too well with other cultures. I don't see him wanting to leave Spurs for a fair while yet. From the local area, just had a kid, fans love him, just signed a new contract and most importantly he is scoring goals and his club is on the up and up. The only reason for him to go is money and only money. 

Other than injuries a move away is the main reason I could see the goals dry up.

40 minutes ago, TheGayTent said:

Trophies ?

On current viewing he has as good a chance as any at winning trophies at Spurs than anywhere that would probably come in for him. 

33 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I agree with that. Spurs have done well to improve, but I can't see them taking the next step. Also it wouldn't surprise me to see poch poached!

From speaking to my Spurs supporting mates (of which there are quite a few) their biggest fear is exactly this. Poch is more important to them than the loss of any 1 player for big money (2 or 3 would obviously be different) 

Edited by mjsell

42 minutes ago, DavisO89 said:

The only premier league team j could see coming in for him is United given Ibra being a short term fix and Rooney looking like his days are numbered. Would fully expect Levy to hold out for a world record fee though. 

Harry Kane is a long term Spurs fan. Id imagine it will be 2-3 years before he even thinks of moving,and def not to a premiere league competitor!

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Harry Kane is a long term Spurs fan. Id imagine it will be 2-3 years before he even thinks of moving,and def not to a premiere league competitor!

1 hour ago, TheGayTent said:

He was a gooner as a kid? 

Indeed

IMG_1167.JPG