kaosmark2

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

If Suarez is doing that craic in a Utd shirt Nallo doesn't give a hoot - on the contrary it is great bantz™. 

Nope. Posted a lot on here about that. Wanted Ashley Young out of the club for it at one stage. You'll never hear me defending diving. Or biting. Or racially abusing players. 

If Suarez doesn't cheat, Barca don't go through. Simple as that. Great spectacle and all but soured by Suarez. Neymar on the other hand can hold his head high. 

Seems I'm not the only one with sense either.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/09/luis-suarez-dive-barcelona-cheating-psg

http://www.football365.com/news/greatest-comeback-theyre-cheating-shthouses

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/watch-luis-suarezs-dive-barcelona-psg-downright-disgusting-116083

I really don't understand the blind defence by Liverpool fans. 

Suarez doesn't play for Liverpool anymore.

Chief a filthy yard dog like Fellaini is a mainstay of your team. Give the pious shite a miss. Suarez would grace any team. To say otherwise is preposterous.

Im not defending him either. Gamesmanship is something current LFC side could do with a lesson in.

The defender messed up. Suarez took advantage of that. 

The balls gone to the keeper, why he's even given Suarez the chance to go to ground is stupid. 

The reason PSG went out is because of their performance and sheer stupidity in the final 10 minutes. 

Suarez and his ilk will continue to do as such until the punishment for it becomes more serve and the risk too much. Until then such gamesmanship is part and parcel of the game, as much as I personally dont like it. Fans can piss and moan about it all they want but they will still have to suck it up...........

The reality is you cant really blame these guys for doing it if they are getting away with it so often. Human nature. Some may not like it but it is human nature. Bend the rules as far as you can and break em if you think you can get away with it, because you just might win if you do. 

38 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Whoever said "born winner" about Suarez earlier is right though. Win at all costs.

and while he might be a bit of a w*nker with his desire to win, there's actually a lot about him I admire.

More than any other player i've seen, he's happy to retrieve the ball when out of play to return it to the opposition. In fact, i'd go so far as to say he started a bit of a trend, because it's happening more now in English footie than it was before he arrived.

Edited by eFestivals

49 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It's weird innit. Dirty bastards like Fellaini wind me up. And why is diving worse than claiming for a corner when you know you touched it last? 

Logically they are all cheating. I don't know why though but I don't think Fellaini sneaky elbow is as bad as diving. Which is preposterous when you think about it. 

A lot of dirty play gets retrospectively looked at though. Zlatan is banned for 3 games for example. Mings for 5. Why isn't Suarez? He should've gotten a 2nd yellow for simulation. Instead they got a peno and went on to win the game.

I've no issue with a bit of the rough stuff in the game though. All my favourite players were well capable of dishing it out and taking it. Van Basten, Baresi, Keane, RVN, Zlatan, Gattuso, Mark Hughes, Scholes, Cantona, Stam, Shearer, Viera, Bergkamp, Drogba, Costa etc

21 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

This was astounding. No shame whatsoever. 

He learned from the best

TheDiveFall.jpg

Edited by The Nal

I think refs should be properly schooled in spotting simulation and exaggeration. So many of the times its obvious from the unnatural actions of a player, yet refs still dont cop on that arms dont naturally go into the air when someone is fouled to an extent that they fall over, or that regardless of momentum a fouled player's body will not rotate naturally on the ground 3 or 4 times etc etc. If they were better able to spot the acting (foul or not) then it may curb the instances, as it may not be worth the risk "turning it on" when going down........... 

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

I think refs should be properly schooled in spotting simulation and exaggeration.

they can - perhaps - be schooled to give a greater consistency, but it will still always come down to a person's judgement at the end of the day. It's impossible to know with certainty.

47 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Playing devils advocat here. Isn't one problem with the diving issue that players who are fouled and stay on their feet don't get penalties? 

Yep.

But i think it actually goes a bit further than that, and there's an element of the player covering their own arse over a perhaps-embarrassing miss.

Been away most of the week, and came back to this thread being extremely philosophical about diving and foul play.

For what it's worth, every footballer tries to cheat to gain an advantage. Whether it's trying to claim a corner/throw in that you know shouldn't be yours, taking slow goal kicks or diving, it's all cheating to some extent. As much as it pains me to say it, it's part of the game, whether you like it or not.

My pet hate is when people blame foreign players for introducing diving in to the English game.

Edited by big__phil

Couple of things can be done to help and would start working immediately. 

Retrospective bans which are being looked at.

And if the players and managers take some responsibility. As Fergie did with Ashley Young. Which worked very quickly. 

No issue with trying to win corners, throws, claiming for free kicks after 50/50s, a bit of rough play, the odd punch or headbutt etc. Thats all part of the game. But when a players initial instinct is to dive and pretend to be hurt in order to get another player in trouble its a different matter. They should be looking to score first. How Suarez's initial reaction wasn't to nod the ball in the goal is baffling to me. Taking the risk of not scoring and getting sent off instead. :rolleyes:

Delighted hes is being called on it (another article here) as hes probably the most high profile player in the world who has been doing it consistently for 7-8 years now. 

One of the all time great footie games severely soured by cheating, which is the saddest things about it.

Imagine Suarez involved in any of this? Particularly the headbutt at 19 seconds. :lol: Hes a pussy.

Edited by The Nal

This ex-Red I hate though lads, this thing he does is ruining the game™. Look, here's a few articles I googled to lend heft to my viewpoint.

Oh yeh, here's a checklist of similarly illegal gash that the likes of Roy Keane used to do that're 100% sound by me, just in case my bias and envy for this one of a kind genius wasnt fully transparent.

:rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

this thing he does is ruining the game™.

there's a point of view which says that it's the controversies that the likes of Suarez creates that make footie the game we love to talk about.

Which ends up meaning that the likes of Suarez makes the game, rather than ruins it.

It's a point of view which I can appreciate there's some truth to, even tho I don't agree with it fully.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He can do no wrong that Suarez lad. Biased Utd fans (and the entire worlds football fans and media) are the real issue. 

Dive away Luis. Adds to the game if anything. 

When he joined Liverpool I only had hate for him, from that handball on the line at a WC. It was the only thing i knew of him.

I ended up liking him in spite of his many obvious flaws, summed up with the sheer enthusiasm he has for the game, and the skill that comes out in him because of that.

There's almost no other player i'd prefer to watch. He's much more watchable than skippy or bale, as examples.

25 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Got a couple of bites with that post..........

Im sure you had major issues when this happened eh? 

Yep of course I did. Indefensible. Rooneys previous for going over so much means hes off the fave players ever list for me. He wasn't included above. :)

I'm a footie fan before anything else and diving is the worst thing in football. Its embarrassing for all concerned. 

23 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's a point of view which says that it's the controversies that the likes of Suarez creates that make footie the game we love to talk about.

Which ends up meaning that the likes of Suarez makes the game, rather than ruins it.

It's a point of view which I can appreciate there's some truth to, even tho I don't agree with it fully.

I would've preferred to see him smash it into the top corner!

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

When he joined Liverpool I only had hate for him, from that handball on the line at a WC. It was the only thing i knew of him.

I ended up liking him in spite of his many obvious flaws, summed up with the sheer enthusiasm he has for the game, and the skill that comes out in him because of that.

There's almost no other player i'd prefer to watch. He's much more watchable than skippy or bale, as examples.

No question, incredible footballer. Erratic and unpredictable, scores truly unique goals. Deserved to win the league at Liverpool for his efforts there. Lifted the team above the sum of their parts. Which was proven after he left. I don't hate him at all. Even after the Evra thing. Or the biting. Hes just a nasty little c**t and a switch flicks in his head when the whistle blows, which is fine. Rather that than an Adebayor type player whos just a waste.

Wasn't there a story about him hacking down some Liverpool doctor or something during a joke kick about?! :lol: 

But the fucking diving and play acting all the time. I know its a bigger part of the game in South America but hes too good for it. 

Edited by The Nal