Lineup 2018

Friday 

Main: Royal Blood/QOTSA (coheadline) // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Zack De La Rocha // The Amazons // Creeper // Black Honey // Arcane Roots

NME: Annie Mac // Dua Lipa // Wilkinson // Post Malone

Dance: Example & DJ Wire

Pit: Skindred // Death Grips

FR: Peace

Saturday

Main: Arctic Monkeys // Tame Impala // Stormzy // Brand New // Don Broco // Declan McKenna // Swim Deep // Fickle Friends

NME: Enter Shikari // Tyler, the Creator // Nothing But Thieves // Foster The People

Dance: Jamie xx

FR: Half Moon Run

Sunday

Main: Drake // Twenty One Pilots // Thirty Seconds to Mars // Schoolboy Q // Asking Alexandria // Tonight Alive // Beartooth // Basement // Babymetal

NME: Vampire Weekend // Mac DeMarco // Jungle // King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

FR: Twin Atlantic

main issue i see here is both arctic monkeys and QOTSA headlined in 2014

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Friday 

Main: Royal Blood/QOTSA (coheadline) // Catfish & the Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Zack De La Rocha // The Amazons // Creeper // Black Honey // Arcane Roots

NME: Annie Mac // Dua Lipa // Wilkinson // Post Malone

Dance: Example & DJ Wire

Pit: Skindred // Death Grips

FR: Peace

Saturday

Main: Arctic Monkeys // Tame Impala // Stormzy // Brand New // Don Broco // Declan McKenna // Swim Deep // Fickle Friends

NME: Enter Shikari // Tyler, the Creator // Nothing But Thieves // Foster The People

Dance: Jamie xx

FR: Half Moon Run

Sunday

Main: Drake // Twenty One Pilots // Thirty Seconds to Mars // Schoolboy Q // Asking Alexandria // Tonight Alive // Beartooth // Basement // Babymetal

NME: Vampire Weekend // Mac DeMarco // Jungle // King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

FR: Twin Atlantic

main issue i see here is both arctic monkeys and QOTSA headlined in 2014

Swap Monkeys for Foos then problem solved. :P

Just now, callum97 said:

Swap Monkeys for Foos then problem solved. :P

aye i did originally have that idea, and it's entirely possible too. just feel like nowadays if R&L had to choose between Foos and Arctics they'd pick the latter because they'd be more appealing to the younger audience

47 minutes ago, Obiginnaw said:

Found this on Twitter ,Aside from the obvious flaws in it, Tyler the Creator, PVRIS twice and Twin Atlantic on the pit, it's not entirely implausible for this early, I'd swap Kanye to drake imo 

disclaimer - it's me mainly hoping it's anything as good as this 

IMG_1312.JPG

That's from this thread, two pages back...!

25 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

aye i did originally have that idea, and it's entirely possible too. just feel like nowadays if R&L had to choose between Foos and Arctics they'd pick the latter because they'd be more appealing to the younger audience

No they wouldn't, they'd pick Foo's every time, much much bigger band than the Arctics and would sell a shit tonne more tickets. That's not to say arctics aren't huge, but Foo's are on a different planet.

14 minutes ago, KingPin said:

No they wouldn't, they'd pick Foo's every time, much much bigger band than the Arctics and would sell a shit tonne more tickets. That's not to say arctics aren't huge, but Foo's are on a different planet.

would have to agree with this, sure AM are very popular with the youth but Foo's are huge for all audiences and would shift just as much if not more tickets thats AM. plus AM will probably be touring heavy next year if they have a new album and Foos haven't been booked since '12.

3 hours ago, tomgotbored said:

Curious to see what people think of my prediction (although this is definitely closer to hopeful than realistic :lol:)

Wouldn't have a clue for Dance/1XTRA stages, so no prediction for those :P

Main: Queens of the Stone Age / The XX / Wolf Alice / Lower Than Atlantis / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

NME: Stormzy / Clean Bandit / Charli XCX

Pit: A Day To Remember / Bury Tomorrow

FR: The Pigeon Detectives 

Main: Gorillaz + Kendrick Lamar / Royal Blood / Enter Shikari / Run The Jewels / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

NME: Vampire Weekend / Bloc Party / White Lies

Pit: Marmozets / Pulled Apart By Horses

FR: Kurt Vile 

Main: My Chemical Romance / Bring Me The Horizon / Panic! At The Disco / Brand New / Arcane Roots

NME: Bonobo (Closing Set) / MGMT / Metronomy

Lock Up: Weezer / ROAM

FR: Alvvays 

SECRET SET: Florence & The Machine

Seen no indication Gorillaz are planning to extend their touring cycle beyond December. That co-headline with Kendrick would be boss if they could pull it off though!

30 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Is Tyler not still banned from the UK?

In 2015 he was banned for 3-5 years iirc, so that means if it is the smallest time it would be lifted for next years fest. As he was due to play R+L in 2015 it's pretty likely he'll play R+L asap after the ban is lifted

9 hours ago, callum97 said:

ADTR are far too big to headline the pit they will play 3rd down or sub main stage. 

Can't see Gorillaz playing but might be wrong

BMTH will headline they have definitely grown since last time they played.

Arcane Roots will probs do mid NME or high up on the pit again if booked.

This is all true. :lol: Not sure how I overlooked that with ADTR actually. BMTH would be a pretty disappointing headliner so let's hope not. And I put Arcane Roots so high up in the hopes they will blow up in the next couple months I guess, would absolutely love to see them smash main stage but maybe in a few years :lol: 

7 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Seen no indication Gorillaz are planning to extend their touring cycle beyond December. That co-headline with Kendrick would be boss if they could pull it off though!

I kinda threw them in there as a hopeful wildcard, they'd be an incredible headliner, plus Albarn is no stranger to R+L :P 

On 30/08/2017 at 4:08 PM, callum97 said:

ahh someone mentioned it though? or am i reading this wrong? haha

oooooh I think I suddenly understand the confusion here. So they said its going to be released later this year, which you understood as the lineup being released later for 2018. But what they meant was, later on in this year, they're going to release the first acts. The English language can be confusing :lol: 

11 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Where have all the Paramore rumours gone?  

After Laughter performed worse commercially than their self-titled record, so I'm guessing most on here have thought that R&L won't be in a rush to get them back, especially given the plethora of other options seemingly available next summer? I don't think there have been any actual rumours that they've been booked or anything. If they were booked I don't think anyone would be too surprised tho. They did a top job in 2014 mind, so I'd be all for it.

I got tickets to their gig at the O2 this morning. I can't wait to hear some of those bops from After Laughter live :dancer:.

12 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

Where have all the paramore rumours gone?  

I think they are definitely in the mix, I got tickets to see them at the O2 this morning apparently they sold out within a few minutes? 

They are a big ticket shifter so they would be a good booking if they were booked.

The only thing is that AM and QOTSA are both rumours and all three of them headlined in 2014 so i can't see them booking two of them let alone three. Which one they choose though i'm not sure. I really think Foo's will be there though.

Just now, Stuielooie said:

I was so tempted to get a pair of Paramore tickets this morning. I just thought £45 quid would be too much. Think I might re-evaluate my decision if a second O2 show comes up

To be honest i was expected £50plus , i missed out on their shows earlier this year and apart from Reading 2014 I haven't seen them at their own show so i'm excited for it.

TBH I think Paramore would be very strong, there are just so many big acts next year. I don't see why you'd book a juggernaught like Foos when you don't need to, imo they will save them for 2019. Even so that still leaves QOTSA (if they hadn't done a secret set I would have said no way to them but here we are), Royal Blood, Arctic Monkeys etc.

I dunno if Paramore stands a chance vs. everyone else unfortunately (though I'd love to see them)