Refresh (Showers, toilets etc)

Hutchmaster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to say that after volunteering last year with access to showers seriously made me change my outlook on showering at festivals. It really made me feel amazing each time (especially in the hot weather which I'm not fond of). Not necessary to have one every day but I may make the effort to have one this year.

29 minutes ago, Joshuwarr said:

I've got to say that after volunteering last year with access to showers seriously made me change my outlook on showering at festivals. It really made me feel amazing each time (especially in the hot weather which I'm not fond of). Not necessary to have one every day but I may make the effort to have one this year.

Totally agree. I had a shower each day last year in the Greenpeace field and it made such a difference to how I felt. Wait until 4-5pm, you can pretty much waltz in and it sets you up perfectly for the night ahead.

22 minutes ago, big__phil said:

My view on showers is pretty similar to my view on world news whilst I'm Glastonbury. I'll be sure to catch up when I leave, but whilst I'm there I don't really give a fuck.

I'm the same nowadays. I read the Graun form back to front each day and make sure I have a shower too. Up on my current affairs and not smelling like 4 day-old tuna; swit swoo. 

Edited by hoils

Had a solar shower in 2010 and it got very hot by midday.

Had a lovely little spot below in the woods, hung the shower from one of the trees, could get the flute and ballbag out nae hassle too as no one could see in. It was a clearing in the woods, secluded just letting a shaft of light in through the trees. And an old abandoned rusted truck sat there. Like a secret garden that time forgot.

But they wouldn't let me onto Worthy Lane in 2011. Bastards.

2u725ps.jpg

Edited by The Nal

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

Quick once over with a wet wipe on your rancid armpits, decaying anus and putrid swingers and you're good to go. No need for showers at all.

Years ago my friend used to swear by shaving all his body hair off before the festival started as he thought it was more hygienic. So you could try that I suppose.

Just googled "shaved orangutan" and wish I hadn't. 

3 hours ago, stuwilky said:

And brush your teeth, but not let anyone from the massive que fill their bottle while you let the water run down to the floor.

Clean that huge flag that you carry at the front of the pyramid stage while you're at it.

Don't want it looking messy for the tv cameras.

We found an un-crimped wristband for the Powder Room but we never went because it was bloody miles away outside gate D 

The only time I've showered was when we had friends camping in the dairy farm near D and it was pitiful. A bucket or bottle over the head is much more successful

5 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

We found an un-crimped wristband for the Powder Room but we never went because it was bloody miles away outside gate D 

The only time I've showered was when we had friends camping in the dairy farm near D and it was pitiful. A bucket or bottle over the head is much more successful

They claim it's 10 minutes walk from Gate D. I had a look on the map - it's only 10 minutes walk if you're 11 feet tall and have bionic legs.

It's a hell of a long walk for a toilet and some hair straighteners... 

At festivals I always just do a ridiculously thorough wet wipe wash, which I find works quite well. Like one wet wipe per limb to get off all the mud and any dirt whatsoever. Then a ton of deodorant, wash my face with freezing cold water and a bit of dry shampoo, and pretty much as good as new. If I had the sort of hair that dried looking nice I'd get someone to chuck a bucket of water over my head halfway through, but alas I have a lion's mane attached to my head so I try and avoid getting my hair wet as much as possible. Always worked for me and I find the whole process actually works really well to cure a hangover because I smell super clean even if I'm not actually :):):)

2 minutes ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

They claim it's 10 minutes walk from Gate D. I had a look on the map - it's only 10 minutes walk if you're 11 feet tall and have bionic legs.

It's a hell of a long walk for a toilet and some hair straighteners... 

People actually go though! Madness if you ask me