D'Angelo

eonerf

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Just seen the line up on here and D'Angelo is down as confirmed.  Have we missed something?

It randomly went up on the website and got taken down a few hours later. Consensus is he was supposed to be on the lineup and pulled out, or he's playing and is yet to be announced and the poster went up accidentally.

I'm absolutely loving Black Messiah now and it's really annoying me because if he does play I can only see him being the Friday WH headliner which would add him to the Friday headliner clashtacular.

Friday always brings the clashes of doom.  Every gosh darn year.  Friday 2013 still gives me Vietnam-style flashbacks, agonising over a sweat stained clashfinder.  Can't believe I had a 4 way clash for headliners and the next slot down.  My head almost imploded.

6 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Friday always brings the clashes of doom.  Every gosh darn year.  Friday 2013 still gives me Vietnam-style flashbacks, agonising over a sweat stained clashfinder.  Can't believe I had a 4 way clash for headliners and the next slot down.  My head almost imploded.

That Friday night I think I had an 11-way clash. It was ridiculous.

55 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

It randomly went up on the website and got taken down a few hours later. Consensus is he was supposed to be on the lineup and pulled out, or he's playing and is yet to be announced and the poster went up accidentally.

I'm absolutely loving Black Messiah now and it's really annoying me because if he does play I can only see him being the Friday WH headliner which would add him to the Friday headliner clashtacular.

I've listened to Black Messiah quite a bit since the poster slip up I enjoy it even more every day, I imagine it's even more impressive live

Friday WH headliner would be perfect for me as I haven't got anyone I'm bothered about yet

Bollocks, thought we were getting a confirmation of him either playing or not playing. Tbh right now with the upper reaches of the lineup looking awfully packed for me id rather he didn't play at all, cause if he headlines WH on the Friday then they can just fuck right off. I do wonder more and more if the guy claiming that a WH headliner had pulled out was telling the truth and it was D'Angelo (and he just added the stupid 'Adele not playing' bit on to the end)

13 minutes ago, jed300 said:

Not sure if this has been posted here but BBC certainly have him as playing...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ewcj5v/performances/lg49mb

hmm not sure whether to read too much in to this, but you'd certainly think with them being associated with the festival that they'd be in the know about this kind of stuff

can sense that Friday night clash becoming even clashier

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

from the video it looked pretty wedged and it was a great set. typical american coachella crowd though.

if they can pull a crowd like that at Coachella then i think it's safe to say they can definitely still pull a substantial crowd at Glastonbury and that West Holts headliner doesn't at all sound out of the realms of possibility - think they'd absolutely ram out the likes of Sonic

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

if they can pull a crowd like that at Coachella then i think it's safe to say they can definitely still pull a substantial crowd at Glastonbury and that West Holts headliner doesn't at all sound out of the realms of possibility - think they'd absolutely ram out the likes of Sonic

but who were they up against at Cochella? did they have much competition for the crowd?

if they headline Glastonbury they're completing against all the other acts on at the same time

20 minutes ago, sloseph said:

but who were they up against at Cochella? did they have much competition for the crowd?

if they headline Glastonbury they're completing against all the other acts on at the same time

that's a good point, but i would've thought they would be in significantly more demand at Glastonbury than Coachella, where i imagine the vast majority only knew Born Slippy, so regardless of who they're up against, they'll be a huge draw for some

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

No direct experience of this myself, but I'm sure I've heard tell of relatively recent festival performances by Underworld where hardly anyone showed up.

was rather sparsely attended at Bestival yeah, although the attendees of that festival (last year at least) sway far more towards students on their last hurrah before going back to university - not really Underworld's target audience. guess a point could be made that they weren't up against anybody(?) that night so should've been able to pull a crowd regardless, but i think they'd have a much better turnout at Glastonbury

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

was rather sparsely attended at Bestival yeah, although the attendees of that festival (last year at least) sway far more towards students on their last hurrah before going back to university - not really Underworld's target audience. guess a point could be made that they weren't up against anybody(?) that night so should've been able to pull a crowd regardless, but i think they'd have a much better turnout at Glastonbury

Did you catch them at Primavera? Heard a lot of people praising them as we were leaving the site. They were playing Dubnobass in full though...