• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

They've already announced SOAD 

Have the festival actually announced them officially though?

I have seen A7X and SOAD on SR on Download now so I would imagine Neil/Scott believe it's happening or a high chance. You then probably have for me anything from either Blink, Aerosmith or Metallica. I'd be surprised by LP with SOAD again....at least Rammstein and Maiden are two massive acts.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I have seen A7X and SOAD on SR on Download now so I would imagine Neil/Scott believe it's happening or a high chance. You then probably have for me anything from either Blink, Aerosmith or Metallica. I'd be surprised by LP with SOAD again....at least Rammstein and Maiden are two massive acts.

Yep, few days after the leak.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

SOAD are listed as first act on DL France website

21 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You know they have a website, right? www.downloadfestival.fr 

Which saved you about 2 posts about an act that is already officialy announced.

Metaltalk (who did the article earlier in the year saying GNR are doing it) are still putting their chips behind GNR judging by the attempted clues in this article, tho the videos are of three different bands. Also indicating that Judas Priest will headline Bloodstock in the last line. Not saying they know anything but worth mentioning.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Metaltalk (who did the article earlier in the year saying they're GNR are doing it) are still putting their chips behind GNR judging by the attempted clues in this article, tho the videos are of three different bands. Also indicating that Judas Priest will headline Bloodstock in the last line. Not saying they know anything but worth mentioning.

Sounds like a gazza/black crow attempt to cover every base to try and claim some sort of credit afterwards.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Metaltalk (who did the article earlier in the year saying GNR are doing it) are still putting their chips behind GNR judging by the attempted clues in this article, tho the videos are of three different bands. Also indicating that Judas Priest will headline Bloodstock in the last line. Not saying they know anything but worth mentioning.

Worst.

Journalism.

Every. 

Yeah I'm not really that familiar with Bloodstock tbf. Although I think Volbeat will end up headlining it next year along with Emperor. 

For Download I think SOAD and A7X are certainties, and as for the last I'm sticking with Aerosmith. Linkin Park AGAIN would be a huge disappointment. Why can't it be a surprise like Tool :P 

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I'm not really that familiar with Bloodstock tbf. Although I think Volbeat will end up headlining it next year along with Emperor. 

For Download I think SOAD and A7X are certainties, and as for the last I'm sticking with Aerosmith. Linkin Park AGAIN would be a huge disappointment. Why can't it be a surprise like Tool :P 

SoaD and Tool at the same festival would be far too good, can't see AC managing to get that, sadly.

17 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

SoaD and Tool at the same festival would be far too good, can't see AC managing to get that, sadly.

Well he would if Tool ever bothered coming over here.

I think a lot will tell if Metallica do get announced for Download France later as I'd imagine they would snap them up for both. It might be a case of a special Download brand deal.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Well he would if Tool ever bothered coming over here.

I think a lot will tell if Metallica do get announced for Download France later as I'd imagine they would snap them up for both. It might be a case of a special Download brand deal.

I don't think it'd be to do with the brand, I imagine it'd more be to do with the fact that they'd be in France the same weekend as Download which would mean unless AC wasn't willing to pay for them there's no excuse that they aren't booked.

3 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

I don't think it'd be to do with the brand, I imagine it'd more be to do with the fact that they'd be in France the same weekend as Download which would mean unless AC wasn't willing to pay for them there's no excuse that they aren't booked.

Yes but they supposedly aren't due to come to Europe until the end of summer. LP and SOAD would feel like 2011 again. I have to get a day ticket for this as well because the likeliness of SOAD announcing an arena tour afterwards that is more than a minute well out Wembley is remote. I think if they were going to do that they would do it instead.

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Who are people expecting as Main Stage subs and Second Stage headliners? Subs I'm going for: Prophets of Rage, Five Finger Death Punch and Alter Bridge. 

Second Stage headliners: Steel Panther, Rancid and Of Mice & Men.

Subs: ADTR, Steel Panther, Alter Bridge

Second Stage Headliners: Slayer, Stone Sour and BFMV (Hopefully playing The Poison in full)

Edited by Gozpot