GRIMES

chris_top_her

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

it doesn't say that - it says that two John Peel headliners have been secured, and that Grimes has also been booked. she may end up headlining JP, but that's not what they've said in the piece

Yeah I must have misread it, would prefer to see her play the park or west holts anyway. 

Didn't think she'd top Visions but Art Angels is an amazing album. Have been begging Emily to book her for several years. She'll headline a stage, hopefully JP and it'll be awesome.

Seeing in her in Bristol in March and will be a dream to see her at Glastonbury. One of my favourite artists of the last 5 years.

My first impressions of the album from the preceding singles wasn't good but it's fantastic. A change in direction but I think she's pulled off the move excellently.

Been thinking Park headline or very high JP for a while and have swayed from the former to the latter recently, but in realiti (lol) she could do any of the big five stages couldn't she? Either way it's excellent that they've gone and booked her.

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, Homer said:

Was this any good? Am going to Bilbao BBK and am inclined to pop along and have a look-see based on the small bits I've heard of her/what I've read on here. Sounds like a less saccharine Churches from where I'm standing.

Absolutely fantastic IMO really enjoyed the set, she has such energy and catchy tunes, I'm so glad I trekked from JP to Park to see her :)

I like the sampler early stuff but new stuff good too, as only started listening to her a few months back

Edited by shoptildrop

11 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Did anyone see Grimes and M83? Trying to resolve a horrible clash at NOS

I seen Grimes the other month and it was brilliant, my uni student newspaper gave it gig of the year.

The Saturday at Nos is reallyyyy lacking I think compared to the other 2 days, only really Arcade Fire and Grimes that I'm bothered about

53 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

I seen Grimes the other month and it was brilliant, my uni student newspaper gave it gig of the year.

The Saturday at Nos is reallyyyy lacking I think compared to the other 2 days, only really Arcade Fire and Grimes that I'm bothered about

I'm leaning towards Grimes so will probably watch her and then catch the end of M83. Yeah I agree... I thought it was equally as good as the other days at first but now Four Tet clashes with Arcade Fire and Grimes clashes with M83!

7 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Somebody tell me it was shit. I couldn't face a pre LCD park sprint and back with the mud and Sunday fatigue. Absolutely gutted.

The only downside I can give you is that she didn't play any old songs until about song 6 or 7, so I only got new ones. (I think).

11 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Somebody tell me it was shit. I couldn't face a pre LCD park sprint and back with the mud and Sunday fatigue. Absolutely gutted.

This. So gutted to have missed her, especially as I foolishly decided to pass on Brixton Academy tickets earlier in the year because I knew she was playing Glastonbury by that point. Stupid.

3 hours ago, Festival Liam said:

She was brilliant, sorry. Ran down to LCD after was perfect finish for Sunday. 

3 hours ago, SophieBee said:

This. So gutted to have missed her, especially as I foolishly decided to pass on Brixton Academy tickets earlier in the year because I knew she was playing Glastonbury by that point. Stupid.

Know the feeling. Decided not to go to the Leeds gig because I knew she was at Glasto. Then she ended up clashing with Coldplay. Pretty gutted as she was one of the acts I was most looking forward to.

Just wish she'd been on earlier in the day as my sunday was a bit bare this year.

5 hours ago, TomViolence said:

I'm leaning towards Grimes so will probably watch her and then catch the end of M83. Yeah I agree... I thought it was equally as good as the other days at first but now Four Tet clashes with Arcade Fire and Grimes clashes with M83!

I'm sure Grimes will be great, but M83 were pretty fantastic at Glastonbury (apologies for possibly making your decision harder :P)