2017 festival

kaosmark2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Yellow_Fellow said:

except they're download punters so they're inherently not 

The people who would watch most of those bands at Download are the same kind of people that go to R/L. The only difference would be there would be far more people into most of those bands, especially the heavier end, at Download than at R/L. 

Always found it weird that some R/L and DL attendees have a weird beef with each other, especially the hardcore DL punters with the R/L attendees. It's always quoted by the knuckle staggers on FB as a reason not to book bands like Biffy, blink, Green Day etc for Download. 

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Nah never a sub. Probably about 5th down. I'm expecting they'll just do Latitude as that's when they're around and it's probably their most appropriate festival at this point.

47 minutes ago, VinylDelusion said:

Think they're a band who are much bigger elsewhere than in the UK. For example 2013 was the same year that they headlined Coachella yet only headlined NME at R/L. So I don't think they'd sub.

Fair enough. Knew they headlined NME in 2013 and saw them high up on Governer's Ball lineup so figured there would be some progression. 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Catfish & The Bottlemen ruled out due to touring the USA with Green Day, could be that BST have them as main support to bring in a different crowd for that one.

You know what I meant to suggest this when I saw it that Catfish could well be doing that gig. If Green Day have got Catfish and Rancid as support then I'd have to go but I would be shocked for that to be their only date. It helps me tbh as the more that keeps me away from a Leeds return the better, I can't be bothered riving all the way up thee for it.

12 minutes ago, Odessa said:

That's a huge shock about Catfish. If you'd asked me to name one band who I thought was a cert to play there that wasn't TBC on here I'd have said them 100%.

I agree, thought they'd be a certainty after not playing last year.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It is, that must just about secure Royal Blood as a sub.

It might open up a slot for Jamie T potentially?

21 minutes ago, foolee said:

It might open up a slot for Jamie T potentially?

I was going to say them but has he held his own enough to get that promotion?

I'd be surprised to see Jamie T sub and Bastille headline NME, this is what stops me thinking them. My guess would be ML, Bastille and RB now.

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

Didn't I read on here that Major Lazer and Bastille are on the same day tho?

Yeah but it's a bit muddled so maybe it's not right. The thing being that Major Lazer have August 26th & 27th listed but the venues are a bit fucked. And Bastille have Leeds 25th, Reading 26th and Leeds 27th on theirs. Given we know that all those dates can't be correct but two can - Reading Sat/Leeds Sun - then the jumbled logic has both of them playing Reading Sat/Leeds Sun.

Just like to note that even if NIN are unlikely to come back and sub then Panorama has another possible sub - Tame Impala - on the line up despite them saying they were taking some time off. Also alt-J who have lots of European dates around R+L.