Sunday Legend 2016

O'Doyle Rules

Schizo-affective disorder, I think Brian Wilson is diagnosed with - in my experience if he's settled and properly medded, he'll be mostly fine. But obviously a space cadet. If he's not, then he won't be playing live. He's done absolutely brilliantly to play live so much, fair play to him

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was joking about wanting him myself, but not him being a legend.

'Comes Alive' has sold around 18 million copies worldwide, and puts Frampton pretty high up the list of best ever selling albums. Back in my youth it was one of those albums which seemed to be in about half of record collections of people i knew.

it didn't do much in the UK though did it? I thought it was just a US megaseller, #1 for about 10 weeks or so.

I'll throw Bon Jovi into the mix.

The last couple of years really have cemented the reputation of the "Legend slot" - Lionel's much deserved sales boost will have opened a few eyes. Hopefully it'll also help people to realise that televising a Glastonbury set is a GOOD thing. If Lionel announced a big tour tomorrow, can't help thinking that tickets would shift a lot quicker after last weekend's performance.

I'm not sure who Lionel's closest pals are in the business, but fair to say that he's likely to put in a good word.

Diana Ross would go down with my group soooo well. Can't think of anyone I'd rather do it; is it at all likely? Does she still tour?

She does yeah. A lot. Literally the only person I can think of who could match Lionels crowd size and set.

Sounds pretty good too.

#TeamRoss

Edited by The Nal

I do hope you guys get a good line up, but I will be gutted if I miss the year where Barry Gibb does Glastonbury.

#TeamGibb2017

Come on, you know as well as we do that you'll find a way to do the Euros and Glastonbury!

Come on, you know as well as we do that you'll find a way to do the Euros and Glastonbury!

I don't enter the lottery and I don't put on risky bets so I feel like I'm screwed in the money department! I can't even afford hostels in France, I'm taking a tent around the country.

It'd be nice if my unpaid internship turned into a paid internship over night though  :giveheart:

I don't enter the lottery and I don't put on risky bets so I feel like I'm screwed in the money department! I can't even afford hostels in France, I'm taking a tent around the country.

It'd be nice if my unpaid internship turned into a paid internship over night though  :giveheart:

Crowdfunding!  #getPlacidtoGlastonbury :friends:

Literally the only person I can think of who could match Lionels crowd size and set.

Elton would eat her for breakfast.

She'd also have a fight on her hands with Barry Gibb or ELO or what's left of Queen.

Tunes aside, she's not - and to my mind never has been - held in any great affection by the general public. She's someone that's only ever been as good as her records - which are many and great - but she lacks the extra celeb clout that's turned this slot into the 4th Headliner.

Elton would eat her for breakfast.

She'd also have a fight on her hands with Barry Gibb or ELO or what's left of Queen.

Tunes aside, she's not - and to my mind never has been - held in any great affection by the general public. She's someone that's only ever been as good as her records - which are many and great - but she lacks the extra celeb clout that's turned this slot into the 4th Headliner.

You reckon? A Supreme filled greatest hits show would tear the place apart. Her diva costumes etc would only add to it. She as much a household name as anyone else touted.

Queen too I suppose yeah. And possibly Baz. Don't agree about Elton though. Cant see him filling that field like it was for Lionel. 

You reckon? A Supreme filled greatest hits show would tear the place apart. Her diva costumes etc would only add to it. She as much a household name as anyone else touted.

Queen too I suppose yeah. And possibly Baz. Don't agree about Elton though. Cant see him filling that field like it was for Lionel. 

I like you, man. But you're crazy!

Elton would have that field wedged.

Yeah there's a reason that Elton is probably the only one from the above lists that you could argue might not play the legend slot because he could headline. The others are perfect legend slot fodder.

Edited by mjsell