Mass tent thefts in oxylers

Matt42

Gonna be reported to police now, last night multiple tents were robbed last night, including one of my mates... A lot of people around me are saying that pretty much all their money was taken.. A lot of very unhappy people, some people even reckon they must of been in the tent asleep when it was stolen!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of our tents has been done. While they were in their tent sleeping as well. Took cash and possibly some other stuff.

Yup, girl camped adjacent to me had 400 quid taken from her bumbag which was around her waist when she was asleep. Friend of mine has just woken up and told us he woke up during the night to a guy feeling his feet for stuff! Fucking crazy!

How hard can it be to have undercover people watching. Surely it's really obvious when people are going from tent to tent, in and out...?

Such a shame

I've got to give the police some credit for intercepting one of my mates who was going from tent to tent in a suspicious manner in 2013. Fortunately they intercepted him right outside the front of my tent. I was able to confirm to them that he was demented with drink rather than a tent thief. However, it shows that they were on the ball in that area at least.

Happened to me in 09 really does knock your confidence but hope it doesn't ruin everyone festival

Really does show need to put valuables and cash in the lock ups or at very least split up cash so if the worst happens you don't get totally wiped out. Sadly some view the festival as a chance to rob people and be scum bags

saw this happen in broad daylight last year as i was walking past the underground piano bar with my 1 year old daughter - bloke being beat up in his own tent.

knocked me absolutely sick - obviously there was nothing I could do about it I just had to get away for the safety of my child.

you dont know what sport of idiot you are dealing with if they can do this.

security were on their way though as i saw someone at the piano bar reporting it.

i dont think i could ever camp in a tent again with a child

This unfortunately happens at every festival particularity on the first night when people still have a lot of money. I know it is a bit late now but with people still arriving thought I give a few tips

1. When you're sleeping put all your valuables at the bottoms of your sleeping bag so people can't get to them

2. I've heard getting a piece of sting and attach 3 beers can to it and attach that to the inside zip you hear someone come to your tent

3. Split it all your money up. I have never had all my money in once place

4. Make you tent a mess, works good for me as I'm a messy person :lol: but seriously it gives them a hard time trying to find stuff and they may just give up

Edited by justanothername

Really does show need to put valuables and cash in the lock ups or at very least split up cash so if the worst happens you don't get totally wiped out. Sadly some view the festival as a chance to rob people and be scum bags

Agreed.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/property-lock-ups/

I'd leave my cash there and any other valuables like cameras. It's a free service (they accept donations I believe) and they even have toilet rolls there. What more could you ask for. It's just not worth the risk. At least then you can sleep knowing the most a scum bag who looks in your tent could take of value to them is alcohol.. and if you unpack your multipacks it's not likely they're going to take that either. Alcohol can be replaced.. a few hundred quid can ruin the festival.

Someone came into my tent this morning. Luckily I was half awake. I shouted at them as they poked their head in and then left, but the same guy was going through other tents in the area. This morning we found out there were a few break ins around us. Wish I did something but im always shit scared to get involed with those sort of things, you just dont know what they will do.

This is in the field by Woodies near Gate A... dont actually know the name.

Edited by coljwood

Had my wristband snipped off while I was asleep in my tent middle of pennards. Few others had their stuff gone through. Luckily welfare were thorough but fair and I'm back in the festival but watch it out there!

Why would they do this? To prevent you from reporting it? What absolute c**ts.