The Waterboys - Are they?

AbuHamster

• 3 weeks later...

Not even just the early days, was with them for quite a while, 2 or 3 albums. Think he was around for this is the sea, then left before Fisherman's Blues. Hence the song World Party' on that album.

Had a joyous moment at Latitude a few years back when they played 'Put the Message in the Box' over the PA. Would love to see Wallinger live.

Touring the US at the moment, I so wanted them at Glastonbury this year.

He made an absolute mint from writing one of robbie william's big hits. Angel? She's the one?

I don't want to get all Russy on your arse but i have an irrational dislike of him for that and his ludicrously posh name.

He made an absolute mint from writing one of robbie william's big hits. Angel? She's the one?

I don't want to get all Russy on your arse but i have an irrational dislike of him for that and his ludicrously posh name.

Mardy,

The truth was a bit different, the proceeds kept him going while he was recovering from his brain injury, as well as you dfo anyway.

"The success of She’s the One tested his relationship with another former bandmate, Guy Chambers, part of World Party before becoming Robbie William’s songwriting partner. While helping out on 1997’s Egyptology, Chambers heard She’s the One and later arranged for Williams to record it.

“It was very strange,” says Wallinger. “Nobody phoned me to say they were doing it, and they used the band I’d just been on the road with to record it. It also annoyed me that Robbie didn’t sing the right words. It was a weird one: you lose your friends but you make loads of money.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/9478275/Karl-Wallinger-The-song-that-saved-my-bacon.html

Edited by jeffie

Ah, that's intersting. I didnt know that. I rescind my earlier accusation entirely. Thanks, and i apologise.

However, the article goes on to mention he was involved in the Rocky Horror Show for 5 years, which, in my mind, is an even more henious crime, if there's one thing in the world i hate, it's the Rocky Horror Show.

Ah, that's intersting. I didnt know that. I rescind my earlier accusation entirely. Thanks, and i apologise.

However, the article goes on to mention he was involved in the Rocky Horror Show for 5 years, which, in my mind, is an even more henious crime, if there's one thing in the world i hate, it's the Rocky Horror Show.

The proceeds from the Rocky Horror Show paid for breast implants for his pet hamster.