How difficult is it to get in with another persons ticket?

mike86

I have 2 friends (F+M) attempting to get tickets in the resale and 2 friends (F+M) no longer able to use their tickets. Obviously best case scenario is for couple 2 to just buy the tickets from couple 1. Is there any chance the tickets could be taken off them? Its unlikely that theyd have ID matching the names on the ticket.

Well, I know the fest is slowly starting to crawl its way towards us when threads like this start popping up. Can't wait for the arena/booze one, that's when you know you're really in business.

(Anything to distract me from the complete lack of news and wild speculation being thrown around the place).

The smurf comment in that thread makes me think of the group of young ladies in the queue in 2013 who were making themselves up to look like old ladies just before dawn, like proper theatrical make up. I'd have sworn they were there to perform at the festival were they not queuing with us regular punters.

It can easily be done. Myself and others I know have done it in the past. From my experience of using both my own ticket and someone else's, the ticket people don't take more than a quick glance at the photo, especially if it is very busy with people people coming in.

Although, I would never recommend it to anyone though, especially if you live far away as has been said.

It can easily be done. Myself and others I know have done it in the past. From my experience of using both my own ticket and someone else's, the ticket people don't take more than a quick glance at the photo, especially if it is very busy with people people coming in.

There were at least a few ticket checkers being fairly rigorous at gate A just after the gates opened last year so it's probably more down to the luck of getting someone who's half-arsed rather than the timing.

It's always going to be a risk, there are always good checkers and bad checkers. If you get a good checker, then your friends will be denied access. Only your friends can answer whether it's worth the risk.

I did it in 2013 having bought two tickets through efests. I met the guy outside the festival, bought them and went in. We were in the queue and my partner noticed that the checker was being pretty strict so we moved to a different queue and got in fine. I know a few others who have done it too.

That said, it is a risk and it's pretty nerve-racking going through on someone else's ticket as there is a very real possibility of not getting in. If you're all going in together and are from the same area then I would imagine they have a better chance.

I also think it's better to go in when they are really busy rather than at night when things may be a bit more quiet...

A friend last year dropped out a few days before so we had a spare coach ticket and a friend who was curious about coming and he decided to give it a shot. They had different colour hair (one black and one blonde) and looked pretty different, I wouldn't say completely different, there were some similarities but if anyone actually bothered to check he'd never pass for it. We decided to spray his hair black on the day thinking that could work

We got on the coach at Liverpool and went down, stopped at some place by Birmingham to give the tickets out, everybody had to queue individually and show ID's to get their own ticket, fuck, as we got nearer the front I was just trying to think of possible excuses for him but the best I could think of was the old favourite "I was worried about losing my passport at a festival". Anyway I get to the front and realised all the tickets were in the order in which we were seated and we had the back 3 seats on the bus so I got up and said something along the lines of "Hi I'm Jon.. here's my ID, would I be able to pick up the tickets for me Josh... and Daniel..., we should be the last 3 tickets in the pile". We got them, yay first obstacle overcome

We go to our seats and open the tickets all excited we'll be at our first Glastonbury in a few hours, mines fine, my friend who has his own ticket is fine, my friend who was trying to get in on another ticket (Liam) wasn't so much. The ticket had a printing error and you could only see the bottom half of his face on it. Now at first we thought this might be a good thing however we soon realised there'd be extras checks to make sure it was him

queue'd up at the entrance, tried to go in and they stop Liam and question the ticket, we explain the situation and they mention how it's happened to a few people and if he's got any id to prove it's him, we don't yada yada yada and we have to go to the office to sort it, when we get there they say they trust us but he'll need to answer some security questions to 100% prove it. 1st question, who was the lead booker? Well that was obvious it was me so we got that right. 2nd question, what's your email address? We didn't have a clue, had a few guesses and kept getting it wrong and then we finally admit we're unsure, the woman then tells us "oh well the last answer wasn't that far off so I believe you, you can go in" and gives us some signed thing to show at the gate.
We go back the gate and explain the situation and show the letter, he checks the ticket and says "sorry for the problems, looking at this picture it's clearly you but we just need to be 100% sure" and are let in, on somebody elses ticket, which had a printing error and an incorrect security question to prove it was the right guys ticket.

He's not really the festival guy but he was converted that weekend and will be coming next year with us through legitimate ways. Thanks for your time, the end

This is always a yearly discussion topic!

I know people that have done used other peoples tickets and not had a problem!

In 2013 the better half was questioned for a good 10 minutes as her picture didn't look like her but was never asked ID and was allowed to enter the festival, This was after 2 or 3 stewards had looked at her ticket. It could all depend on when you enter the festival and how quick they want to get people on site.

At the end of the day you don't want to arrive onsite and then be told no!! It would make more sense to be disappointed at home that you didn't get a ticket.

I have to be honest, if it was me and I was in the position of having access to someone else's ticket and no other choice, I'd give it a go. I've had some quite rigorous ticket checkers over the years and some not so much, but I honestly think that appealing to human nature would get you through with a wristband even if you had to take a couple of knockbacks.

Please: abide by the ticket rules. They exist to help you get a ticket, and not to make it harder to get a ticket.

Not only that, the inappropriate use of tickets is a fraudsters charter, because it allows people to claim they have a ticket to sell when they don't - and hundreds of people were ripped off by this last year.

NOTE: efestivals will not be allowing any trading of Glasto tickets this year, for the good of the festivals and for the good of those who want to go to the festival.

really good story jono!! I'm sure you realise you were exceptionally lucky and that without the printing error your mate would probably have been screwed!

i'd only try it if i could take my twin brother's ticket and we'd just swap ID's for the weekend. We look very similar. Other than that i'd not risk it.

Please: abide by the ticket rules. They exist to help you get a ticket, and not to make it harder to get a ticket.

Not only that, the inappropriate use of tickets is a fraudsters charter, because it allows people to claim they have a ticket to sell when they don't - and hundreds of people were ripped off by this last year.

NOTE: efestivals will not be allowing any trading of Glasto tickets this year, for the good of the festivals and for the good of those who want to go to the festival.

Good move Neil

a couple of years back my friend brought 2 tix one for her and one for her brother ..trouble started when they got the tix it had her sons name on it so instead of say..

john ball..it said jason ball lol any ways they thought about trying to get through the gates and were turned around and sent to the little box near gate A .

any ways they were kept there for ages whilst the lady sorted it out but they were allowed in although they did say that they should have gone straight to the box office first cos as they pointed out as they had tried to get through with the wrong tix they had the right to just say unlucky we cant help .

so this does show that they DO wot they can to help when mistakes are made ...

on the other hand if you have to chance it then crack on and give it a go lol