Weather thread 2015

Swine_Glasto2014

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally dry most days tbh, but it only takes a couple of hours of rain at the wrong time to ruin everything for a couple of days. 2011 is the ideal example with it pissing it down while everyone was queueing to get in - the queues descended into muddy hell, the routes out from them got hammered very quickly and it took most of the festival to recover. There have been other times we've had a couple of hours first thing in the morning and it's all been soaked up and gone before the crowds hit and barely been noticed

From this far out it's all to play for - statistically 'above average' is good but says very little sadly. Could still be hail and storms that weekend. I remain hopeful - the trend remains for a good start to summer.

It also started raining on the Friday afternoon and carried on until the early hours that year. Still had a great night, i remember it being worse waiting for the rain to start, once it had set in it was like 'fuck it, lets get smashed!' So we did. Also remember that as the night my brother in law had a 6 hour kip in a portaloo. Grim.

I'd rather have an active curiosity in the matter rather than a professional pessimism!

Me too but its utter nonsense. No one can predict the weather from 5 days out. And usually even 3 days out is wrong.

A weather thread 6 weeks out doesn't even have 0.0000001% accuracy.

All this thread seems to do is stress people out who really rely on nice weather for a more comfortable festival. People with physical difficulties, with kids etc.

So I'll be trolling all weather threads until the 3rd week of June.

First time in 5 years?! We're in for another 2010 scorcher!

Don't know how I feel about that if I'm honest. I sat through a 2hr lecture in the Green Fields on eco-funerals because it was the only place we could find in the shade!

Just going to make a note of this info just in case shade is in short supply again in June...

I'll not lie, it wasn't all bad. Was certainly preferable to sunstroke. And it was right next to the wood-fired pizza stand!

Me too but its utter nonsense. No one can predict the weather from 5 days out. And usually even 3 days out is wrong.

All this thread seems to do is stress people out who really rely on nice weather for a more comfortable festival. People with physical difficulties, with kids etc.

So I'll be trolling all weather threads until the 3rd week of June.

I get your point, though not the conclusion that means you must troll all weather threads. He may not get the outcome right but lifes about the journey ;) ! Its like getting a free lecture reading his reports at times, which will always be appreciated - knowledge is power. Ive bought walking boots for the first time so no doubt its gonna be hella sunny.

It could be 100% accurate from 6 months out, but the probability of that happening is fairly low.

The weather-thread haters don't get that we're talking probabilities not actual forecasts, at the moment the probabilities are looking pretty positive.

It's a good thing surely, more to look forwards to