Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Our coach return is 4am on the Monday morning, so going to be an early one for me. Gutted because I'd love to see the Gas Tower secret set and Masters at Work.  :( 

My plan at the moment though is Metronomy > Wherever the night takes me, probably around the Glade area though for the following:

Dave Seaman b2b Steve Parry
Jackmaster b2b Jasper Jones

I'll let you into a secret.

My coach is 4am as well.

I bought another one home...

:ph34r:

No Glastonbury for two years...

Ben

• Upvote 1

Bushwacka! Is playing Spaceport Friday 3-4pm. 

Is that he of Layo and Bushwacka fame or someone else?! 

If so is he still playing "Love Story"!! Man that tune takes me back! 

Edit.... Just seen Layo and Bushwacka are playing together at The Glade. Fantastic!! 

Edited by nikkic

On 30/05/2017 at 4:49 PM, bennyhana22 said:

We might as well arrange to meet early on and then say goodbye at 0600h, @OffshoreToon!!

Ben

:D I have considered the likelihood of spotting you just from us both having outer body experiences through techno at 5:58am somewhere.

That Saturday night plan has been ripped up a bit with the addition of the Clash stage, though. Critical Sound (2300-0100) is up there with Blawan as a 'must see' for me, and Ulterior Motive Presents Guidance (0300-0600) may well be how I choose to end the night if I fancy some dnb after Heidi and Paranoid London (another I'll be at from start to finish). I'll probably give Jon Hopkins some time at Arcadia and miss the start of Critical, plus Pearson Sound's garage set at London Underground if there's no queue (spoiler: there will be). 

• Upvote 1

Any Moderat fans out there?

Tempted by them on Sunday evening as a run of cinematic orchestra, moderat, justice on WH. Really enjoyed them at WHP in Manchester a few years back, but not sure how they will go down on an outdoor stage while it's still light/dusk time (and while I might be slightly more sober)

What do we think? Anyone seen them in similar circumstances?

Apologies if this has already been discussed in this thread, I did go back a couple of pages...

Recent lurker here, but felt i should dip my toes into this thread. Don't really have much knowledge, but was hoping for some recommendations from you lovely ladies and gents.

A couple of names on the lineup I've seen before and enjoyed are Jon Hopkins (seen him live, but not a dj set), Jamie XX, Ben Ufo and Mylo (although i have no idea what he's like nowadays). Also enjoy the type of stuff played in NTC Downlow whenever i am able to get in there.

41 minutes ago, joeshez89 said:

Any Moderat fans out there?

Tempted by them on Sunday evening as a run of cinematic orchestra, moderat, justice on WH. Really enjoyed them at WHP in Manchester a few years back, but not sure how they will go down on an outdoor stage while it's still light/dusk time (and while I might be slightly more sober)

What do we think? Anyone seen them in similar circumstances?

Apologies if this has already been discussed in this thread, I did go back a couple of pages...

I absolutely love Moderat, however I share your concern. I've only seen them at WHP and The Albert and while they smashed it, they always felt more suited to a tent set in the dark or a smaller stage at night.

That said, I'm expecting them to smash it, they could end up being a perfect sunset / dusk band.  After Cinematic Orchestra, they'd be the perfect bridge between Justice.

1 hour ago, EZYSEY said:

Slightly off topic but this is brilliant. 

Anyone similar at Glasto this year?

Kevin Saunderson will probably play similar upbeat techno stuff

e: i've yet to listen to that EM, judging on the usual Floorplan/Robert Hood stuff tbf

Edited by ghostdancer1

58 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I absolutely love Moderat, however I share your concern. I've only seen them at WHP and The Albert and while they smashed it, they always felt more suited to a tent set in the dark or a smaller stage at night.

That said, I'm expecting them to smash it, they could end up being a perfect sunset / dusk band.  After Cinematic Orchestra, they'd be the perfect bridge between Justice.

I think I'll end up giving them a go anyway, might have to go right down the front to minimise any risk of there being a problem with the atmosphere 

53 minutes ago, simoneng_1983 said:

Recent lurker here, but felt i should dip my toes into this thread. Don't really have much knowledge, but was hoping for some recommendations from you lovely ladies and gents.

A couple of names on the lineup I've seen before and enjoyed are Jon Hopkins (seen him live, but not a dj set), Jamie XX, Ben Ufo and Mylo (although i have no idea what he's like nowadays). Also enjoy the type of stuff played in NTC Downlow whenever i am able to get in there.

I'm by no means the best that follows this thread to give you recommendations, but you sound like you know and like similarish acts to me. The main acts I'm looking at getting to is Hunee, Kolsch, Earl Jeffers, the Bicep night at Stonebridge, Masters at Work and either Mylo or A Guy Called Gerald. I'd love to see Dan Shake as well but without the ability of night enhancers anymore I'm not sure my stamina will last until his 4:30am set.

With you mentioning Ben UFO then I would assume that the Hessle Audio set on Wow! Friday would be for you as well - but I don't know much on it so again best to get other more informed opinions than mine (which I'm sure will come)

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Kevin Saunderson will probably play similar upbeat techno stuff

e: i've yet to listen to that EM, judging on the usual Floorplan/Robert Hood stuff tbf

I'm hoping to be in MAW when Saunderson is playing. I've seen Saunderson years ago but remember him playing more Jeff Mills type techno than the disco/housier end of the spectrum.

Hey guys,

Doing my second glasto here and last time i struggled to find a Stage that fitted my taste in electronic music. I'm more of the straight forward berlin techno kind and it's kinda hard to look through all the soundcloud profiles since i get the feeling that there is no real pattern genrewise (i might be wrong here). 

From what i listend to i found kevin saunderson - who was mentioned above - quite appealing - . Also the saturday night on genosys ist quite god, but still a bit too soft for me.

I would really appreciate, if somebody is able to give me some tips on whom i should give a listen. 

Thanks! 

Edited by vEN._.

4 minutes ago, vEN._. said:

Hey guys,

Doing my second glasto here and last time i struggled to find a Stage that fitted my taste in electronic music. I'm more of the straight forward berlin techno kind and it's kinda hard to look through all the soundcloud profiles since i get the feeling that there is no real pattern genrewise (i might be wrong here). 

From what i listend to i found kevin saunderson - who was mentioned above - quite appealing - . Also the saturday night on genosys ist quite god, but still a bit too soft for me.

I would really appreciate, if somebody is able to give me some tips on whom i should give a listen. 

Thanks! 

BLAWAN

Friday. Genosys. I'll meet you there, Berghain Boy!

:)

Ben