How much would you pay for guaranteed entry

Guest Funkyfairy!

So the Great North run is a ballot system (not a lot different to what we will go through on Sunday) - and they I believe have started an option whereby for X pounds you can buy the option of guaranteed entry for the next X years

Terrible idea for Glastonbury IMO, but hypothetically seriously how much would you pay for a passcode that guaranteed you entry for the next 5 festivals. Obviously you would still pay your ticket each year, so this would be a one off payment - you get a few days before the main sale to buy your ticket stress free !

If it was just me offered it, I'd pay £500 all in.... that amount will probably shoot up to "ALL MY MONEY AND AS MUCH AS I CAN POSSIBLY ROB OR LOAN" if I'm not lucky on Sunday. But if it was offered to everybody, the festival would turn into shit and be overrun with tories, because it benefits the rich.

Hmm, not sure I'd really want to support a system like that, nor like what it's likely to do to the demographic.

Agreed. It's expensive enough as it is (great value, but still expensive) and adding upgrades like guaranteed entry would skew the demographic towards those who're flusher with cash. It would damage the vibe significantly.

Edited by kalifire

Agreed. It's expensive enough as it is (great value, but still expensive) and adding upgrades like guaranteed entry would skew the demographic towards those who're flusher with cash. It would damage the vibe significantly.

Depends how it is done

If Eavis said there will be 15,000 season tickets on sale for £1000 that cover entry for the next 5 years with no queueing for tickets system i would bite straight away

15k out of 150k would not damage the demographics

lets hope it doesnt happen ...thats all i can say lol.....

now an old buggers day id be interested in ...you see us oldens cant type as fast as some of you youngsters can so by the time we get half our details down you youngsters have already done two forms lol SO i reckon us oldens should have a days grace where we get a chance for tickets a day before Tday lolol

itll work old sons trust lol

frankly, it would be utterly appalling.

Edited by scorp

I'd be prepared to dress up like this - again, for one of those guaranteed entry babies;

gimp.jpg

Actually, I wouldn't. I'm giving up on the place. Not sure if it's permanent or not. Time will obviously tell.

Sorry, is that "dress up like this - again"?? I thought the good Matt helped with last year's ticket?

I'd be prepared to dress up like this - again, for one of those guaranteed entry babies;

gimp.jpg

Actually, I wouldn't. I'm giving up on the place. Not sure if it's permanent or not. Time will obviously tell.

This is going give me nightmares tonight!

Nah, as others said it would end up being a system of privilege to those who can afford the extra cost. While the rest of us fight each other for the few tickets left.