The old Back Door

Guest ThomThomDrum

This year I have noted that there is very little chatter from people about getting tickets via a magic, tech savy, back door of some type. Do I take it that we are all resigned to the fact that they have finally cracked the sale of Glasto tickets online and there will never be a hack/back door again, or do some think there will still exist the potential for some little nugget to raise its head that may benefit good folk sharing info through such a forum based community, like there was (admittedly freakishly) 2 years ago?

For instance, does it help to know certain IP addresses and if so is such information out there? I think I recall folk sharing IP address information in previous years. I dont know if that was/or is beneficial

Is there anything the techies on here are thinking about/anticipating/hoping for, or are we all just a bunch of F5 bashers now and forever more?

I'm resigned to the fact that I will never see the "buy tickets" page of seetickets ever again and will forever rely on other members of my group. I am 100% certain trying from central-ish london is a massive disadvantage.

living in the sticks = guaranteed ticket.

I havent seen a buy ticket page in years too (think its 2009), and Im in Ireland. I will no doubt be reliant of the luck of others again this year

I havent seen a buy ticket page in years too (think its 2009), and Im in Ireland. I will no doubt be reliant of the luck of others again this year

It's shit isnt it. We are doomed if we ever end up friendless and trying to go alone!

I hated that year when the techies found a way in. It was all way way over my head and I've never felt so impotent!

I'm resigned to the fact that I will never see the "buy tickets" page of seetickets ever again and will forever rely on other members of my group. I am 100% certain trying from central-ish london is a massive disadvantage.

living in the sticks = guaranteed ticket.

I'm in central London too Russy. The only time I've failed in the main sale since 2007 was when I tried from a friends house. That was just outside Zone 1, but it counts as being in the sticks for me. :lol:

If I remember rightly there were a lot of people in the sticks bemoaning their luck last year as well.

I hated that year when the techies found a way in. It was all way way over my head and I've never felt so impotent!

Lucky for me I copied and pasted the blurb from here and sent it to people who could read it and it worked a charm, so I loved that year even though I had no clue what the hell was going on.

As far as any backdoors go, we won't know until the link goes live. The one for 2013 was a result of a simple human error and, more significantly, not having strong enough checks in place. The human error bit can happen anytime but I suspect they've tightened up on their checks.

Was it for 2013 someone posted that long complicated instruction list to change your settings in notepad? That was amazing, got straight through. That was the last time I've got through. I guess they've got wise to that sort of thing now though

that was actually a cock-up in the technical set-up by see that allowed that to work in the way that it did.

Doing similar might even give a benefit this time, tho it might also lock you out entirely - tho whichever it is it's impossible to know without knowing the fine detail of the controlling programs on the webservers.

Having success, or failing, doesn't prove anything for benefit or hindrance - because success and failing will be happening anyway.

And that sentence above applies to any and all 'methods' that people will invariably claim as beneficial, as happens with every sale.

Was it for 2013 someone posted that long complicated instruction list to change your settings in notepad? That was amazing, got straight through. That was the last time I've got through. I guess they've got wise to that sort of thing now though

Yep it was in the October 2012 sale. Me and my other half were travelling in Argentina, frantically refreshing the page.

I just about managed to understand what I had to do in order to change the host settings... whatever that was all about!! Just followed it methodically much to my boyfriends annoyance (he thought I was wasting time) and BOOM... every page instantly went through to the ticket screen. Never been so happy!!!

Fingers crossed for this time round... I'm getting married on Saturday and don't particularly want to wake up at 8.30am Sunday morning and get on a laptop :prankster:

I still cant believe the hosts file trick that year. It was mental - not a sniff and then immediately on and immediately confirmed. Now how did that get leaked? Surely it was from within seetickets...

Nope - the boss man at see won't talk to me after I'd told him that loads of peeps used that method to get tickets.

It's easy enough to see what the IP addresses are. Someone cottoned on to the problem because when trying to access the See servers from his workplace, his browser ended up loading his workplace intranet which used the same internal IP address that See had mistakenly keyed in as one of the addresses of their servers.

Nope - the boss man at see won't talk to me after I'd told him that loads of peeps used that method to get tickets.It's easy enough to see what the IP addresses are. Someone cottoned on to the problem because when trying to access the See servers from his workplace, his browser ended up loading his workplace intranet which used the same internal IP address that See had mistakenly keyed in as one of the addresses of their servers.

Why did you tell him haha