AC/DC Says Lars

Justiceforcedave

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are maybe changing. There's also a new management company - and, at a guess, the fact that their sales have probably taken a hit over the last few years. They seem to have been one of the bands least affected by record sales flatlining, but they must have noticed that the royalty checks aren't quite as hefty as they once were.

The fact that the Stones did it will probably also have crossed their minds.

As for setlists, sure - but you could more or less have done the same for the Stones (2000 Light Years From Home and Factory Girl aside). The upside to that - and it's a massive upside - is that you know that a whole heap of solid gold floor-fillers are bolted on.

I for one will do a ruddy cartwheel if they get announced.

That's not true dude, Black Ice sold a shitload and that Tour was the the third or fourth biggest of all time and if they played enough dates in big venues this time it would be the biggest bar none as it will be their last. They don't need Glasto and have never expressed a wish to do so. However, it would be awesome if they happened to be there, though the flags would be a genuine pain in the dick as they're one of the few bands worth actually "watching". P.s. It's hilarious looking at the bitching on the Acdc forum about Glasto.

Accept for The Other Stage! With Udo Dirkschneider on vocals, the second greatest named German in the world (after Bastian Schweinsteiger) on vocals.

I thought Fanny Chmelar was the best German name ever?

But don't AC/DC always bring their own stage? Or is that just sometimes?

When they played Download they had the 2 "main" stages set up side-by-side and it looked a bit silly.

Obviously that wouldn't work at Glasto and I am sure it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for any band really wishing to play, but I have heard it said before the AC/DC have no interest in Glasto...

To anyone who saw the gig at Download must have realised that the stage show probably wouldn't have fitted on the main stage and allow for the other bands in the daytime.

For Glastonbury they probably wouldn't need a stage show, apart from maybe the bell and a few cannons strategically placed just for effect and Joe Rush could probably fashion a flat cap from old car bonnets to sit on top of the Pyramid.

But don't AC/DC always bring their own stage? Or is that just sometimes?

When they played Download they had the 2 "main" stages set up side-by-side and it looked a bit silly.

Obviously that wouldn't work at Glasto and I am sure it wouldn't be a deal-breaker for any band really wishing to play, but I have heard it said before the AC/DC have no interest in Glasto...

DC always thought that some of their previous appearances at Donington had not been upto their required standard , whether it be their own performance or issued with the sound etc.

Taking their own stage and sound etc meant that they could have full control over that side of it.

I'm talking about their income from record sales, not from touring.

I agree that there's not much incentive for them to do it, financially at least, but that doesn't mean there's hard and fast rules. Most people didn't think the Stones would play either.

Again man, not true. Their third highest selling album, behind BiB and HtH and it earned them more money than the latter too as a result of licencing deals as well as the fact they needed that album to get them back in the public consciousness. It's also their only album that was number 1 in pretty much all of the major markets.

Friend of mine works in TV and his company deal with a show that Brian Johnson presents. He attended a screening this week with the head of a channel who spoke to BJ about filming in the UK next year. BJ advised him that it would likely be feasible as he'll be in the country for a festival in June...

The bloke fell in love with the place.

He sure did. It was lovely to see that realisation pop up in his different interviews, as well. Here's a guy who's been to more festivals than any of us ever will, and he totally understood and embraced Glasto to the extent I'd imagine he'll be back next year as a festival goer (not that he'll have to worry about a ticket).

For Glastonbury they probably wouldn't need a stage show, apart from maybe the bell and a few cannons strategically placed just for effect and Joe Rush could probably fashion a flat cap from old car bonnets to sit on top of the Pyramid.

Wouldn't Joe Rush need a whole train to satisfy the egos within AC/DC.

But hey AC/DC at Glasto would be fucking awesome (I don't swear much online so I can emphasise my emotion when I want). Especially given the recent success of Metallica.

Friend of mine works in TV and his company deal with a show that Brian Johnson presents. He attended a screening this week with the head of a channel who spoke to BJ about filming in the UK next year. BJ advised him that it would likely be feasible as he'll be in the country for a festival in June...

Could easily be talking about download.

Could easily be talking about download.

I think Download would be a more obvious fest for AC\DC to play (with that in mind I'd have thought it'd make it 70 30) but you never know. I couldn't see them doing both but with this Lars comment it makes it 50 50 for me.

Listening to absolute radio at work and before AC/DC Played on the radio they said

"Here's a band who's in the running for next years glastonbury!"

They prob don't know shit, but this seems to be the first media rumour.

Not really a rumour saying they're 'in the running'; they probably read what Lars said.