Radiohead 2015

GeoHall

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a similar story last year yet we're still waiting.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/radiohead-to-start-working-on-new-album-in-september-20130213

i'm pretty sure, like eavis calling every festival the best yet, that one of radiohead says they'll be in the studio this autumn every year.

maybe it is a bit early, but surely they may release a few songs before the album? glastonbury would be great publicity for the new album too if it came out around the same time

If the last 2 albums are anything to go by they like dropping the album out of nowhere without any pre release publicity Edited by jonodillieono

Getting Creep at a Radiohead gig is a good thing? I'd probably rather have any song they're likely to play instead.

Indeed. I'm not 17 anymore. They've done so much music that's more relevant to me this century. I'd be quite happy to see them play a gig without their first three albums represented at all, as much as I like them.

Aye, Creep never quite grasped me. In fact, that was the first song I heard by them in my younger teen years around 5 years ago and as naive as I was I thought I wouldn't like them so never looked further into their music until the last year or so when my mate showed me IR and The Bends which made them become one of my favourite bands. Wish I got into them sooner to have seen them on the KoL tour, looked amazing. Hopefully the next tour will only top that!

Aye, Creep never quite grasped me. In fact, that was the first song I heard by them in my younger teen years around 5 years ago and as naive as I was I thought I wouldn't like them so never looked further into their music until the last year or so when my mate showed me IR and The Bends which made them become one of my favourite bands. Wish I got into them sooner to have seen them on the KoL tour, looked amazing. Hopefully the next tour will only top that!

Yeah I only used to know Creep and didn't like them at all. Then I saw the video for Jigsaw Falling Into Place on tv when it was released, when I was 12, and loved it. Only got into them after that. Yeah, the King of Limbs tour was incredible. Aside from stupidly unrealistic acts like Led Zeppelin I'd rather have Radiohead headline than anyone else.

probably being optimistic that they'd write, record and release an album between September and June, but this needs to happen so much. what with the fact that they've probably already written a bunch of it and just need to get together to sort it out, and the unconventional releases of their last two albums meaning they could bypass all the record label hoopla and release it when they want etc it's not impossible that it could happen. definitely top of my list of bands i need to see headline Glastonbury. it hurts me that i wasn't aware enough of music to see or care about their first and my music taste was too shit at the time to have seen or cared about the second

Even though crpeep isn't the best song and they have 50+ better ones I wouldn't mind hearing them play it live, still love the last minute of it.

Does need to happen anyhow, imagine pyramid song (no idea why they didn't play it in 2003) on the pyramid it would be fucking beautiful.

probably being optimistic that they'd write, record and release an album between September and June, but this needs to happen so much. what with the fact that they've probably already written a bunch of it and just need to get together to sort it out, and the unconventional releases of their last two albums meaning they could bypass all the record label hoopla and release it when they want etc it's not impossible that it could happen. definitely top of my list of bands i need to see headline Glastonbury. it hurts me that i wasn't aware enough of music to see or care about their first and my music taste was too shit at the time to have seen or cared about the second

It's not impossible but it's almost impossible that it would happen with a new album. The last two albums have taken nearly two years each without involvement of record labels, which suggests they're likely to take their time rather than rush it out. I don't think they'll have already written most of it with them mostly writing music for solo/side projects.

It's not impossible but it's almost impossible that it would happen with a new album. The last two albums have taken nearly two years each without involvement of record labels, which suggests they're likely to take their time rather than rush it out. I don't think they'll have already written most of it with them mostly writing music for solo/side projects.

Depends if they use any of the new songs they've played live which aren't on an album, like Identikit and Full Stop.