here's your headliners

Guest nufc1978

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just gave this possible trio of headliners to a girl who's going with a group of other girls this year....

errr... she didn't take it well... this was her response.

"What the fuck, you don't even know that, that's rumours. I'm looking at these three bands and I don't see beyonce anywhere, everyone knows beyonce is doing it! Who even are the eagles are they even real".

I see this response occurring alot of lineup day.

I just gave this possible trio of headliners to a girl who's going with a group of other girls this year....

"What the fuck, you don't even know that, that's rumours. I'm looking at these three bands and I don't see beyonce anywhere, everyone knows beyonce is doing it! Who even are the eagles are they even real".

Edited by tonyblair

The problem with Eagles for Glastonbury is that they have no status revival or ironic-enjoyment with the sub-35 year olds in the same way that Fleetwood Mac, Prince etc do. The Pyramid field would start off relatively full but I have no doubt that it'd be half full by the end.

Not that I'll care as I'll likely be spending it up at the Park or West Holts, but for the festival's longetivity they'd genuinely be better booking a more recent washed up act like Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon or even Chilis.

Even the older nostalgia-driven crowd have/had ample opportunity to see them.

I really hope this rumour to be true. Nice bit of cleansing for the people that only book for the headliners, and will cancel the deposits once found out. More for the resale for my Mum who always goes but didnt get a ticket this year, and also the die-hards on here that didnt get tickets. THIS IS GOOD NEWS!

Yeah i very much doubt i'd see the eagles. Still i'm delighted about arcade fire and one night at the pyramid isenough for me.

The most disappointing thing about the eagles is the amount they would supposedly cost - i'd hate to think it would negatively affect the rest of the line-up. Still maybe after the stones they might be keener to do it for less.

yeah i think a lot of the younger generation (myself included) know OF The Eagles, and almost everybody knows Hotel California, but then that's it. if it is them who are headlining it'll be an interesting turnout at the Pyramid. i agree with the sentiment that the field would've emptied out vastly by the end

I know it doesn't mean anything but as far as I can see from my research on wikipedia the eagles have only had one UK number 1 album, arcade fire have had 2 and kasabian 3 in the last 10 years.

I reckon that the size of the crowds at the end of their sets will mirror the popularity of their albums.

Surely the Eagles aren't really "big" enough anymore to headline the Pyramid? I think they are a little bit too much "of their time". I'm almost certain that most people under 30 would respond with the word "Who?!" if they were announced. Doesn't seem to fit the precedent Glasto has set for booking legends whose fans span generations.