Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

ONE WEEK TODAY

still seems like only yesterday that they posted that picture that had Glastonbury in their tour dates. gonna be so so good. must make sure i'm in a sober enough state to enjoy and remember it. having nightmares that i'll get absolutely wasted like i was at their Blackpool show and just forget the whole thing

Despite being on a bit of a self-imposed Arcade Fire listening ban following Earl's court a couple of weeks back I've been keeping up-to-date with the recent set-lists and have compiled a sort of best-case scenario for myself personally:

Reflektor

Flashbulb Eyes

Neighbourhood 3 (Power Out)

Rebellion (Lies)

Joan Of Arc

We Used To Wait

The Suburbs

The Suburbs (Continued)

Ready To Start

Neighbourhood 1 (Tunnels)

Intervention (Antichrist Television Blues outro)

No Cars Go

Haiti

Afterlife

It’s Never Over (Oh Orpheus)

Supersymmetry

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

Normal Person

Here Comes The Night Time

Wake Up

I'd personally love them to drop Joan Of Arc since it's one of my least favourite songs of theirs live but it seems like too much of a mainstay in their set for that to happen now, sadly. I'm also of the mind that any cover done (with or without guests) at the expense of one of their own songs is not the way to go.

Despite being on a bit of a self-imposed Arcade Fire listening ban following Earl's court a couple of weeks back I've been keeping up-to-date with the recent set-lists and have compiled a sort of best-case scenario for myself personally:

Reflektor

Flashbulb Eyes

Neighbourhood 3 (Power Out)

Rebellion (Lies)

Joan Of Arc

We Used To Wait

The Suburbs

The Suburbs (Continued)

Ready To Start

Neighbourhood 1 (Tunnels)

Intervention (Antichrist Television Blues outro)

No Cars Go

Haiti

Afterlife

It’s Never Over (Oh Orpheus)

Supersymmetry

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

Normal Person

Here Comes The Night Time

Wake Up

I'd personally love them to drop Joan Of Arc since it's one of my least favourite songs of theirs live but it seems like too much of a mainstay in their set for that to happen now, sadly. I'm also of the mind that any cover done (with or without guests) at the expense of one of their own songs is not the way to go.

The stretch in bold would make me dissolve with joy.

about a month ago (after a long hiatus) i listened to Arcade Fire so much that i currently have no desire to listen to them at the moment. not to say that i won't enjoy their performance immensely. i'm just finding it weird that i don't want to listen to band i'm seeing in a week (similar for a lot of the acts actually: listened to them so much on their initial announcements that only the ones with brand new albums out are getting much airplay from me)

in one week's time we will be trying to return to reality after the sound of Wake Up across the pyramid field closes the friday night in utterly majestic fashion. It's going to be a bit special, isnt it

It hadn't really hit me I was seeing them until I saw this, it's going to be one hell of an experience, band I'm most looking forward to.

Edited by Superunknown

I’m trying to convince myself of all the advantages to seeing Pixies, Jack White, Massive Attack etc, in preparation for the possibility that i’ll have to work Friday night, but I know I’ll be gutted if that’s the case. It’s not so much that I’m desperate to see them again imminently, I just don’t want to miss such a potentially wonderful moment for them as a band.

Less than a week untl the festival peaks to early with Arcade Fire on the friday :P:D

no matter how many times i see these setlists (which are all more or less the same now) it still excites me so much. really can't wait for this. when Metallica were announced they stepped to number 1 for my most excited for act, but now i'm right back at Arcade Fire

gonna make sure i have all my booze / goodies packed so i can go straight from Danny Brown at the Park to Arcade Fire at the Pyramid and get a good spot

no matter how many times i see these setlists (which are all more or less the same now) it still excites me so much. really can't wait for this. when Metallica were announced they stepped to number 1 for my most excited for act, but now i'm right back at Arcade Fire

gonna make sure i have all my booze / goodies packed so i can go straight from Danny Brown at the Park to Arcade Fire at the Pyramid and get a good spot

I'm paranoid that I won't get a good spot so I'm off to the pyramid from the end of lily Allen onwards, not a big fan of elbow but it's nothing that will be offensively bad, I just need to guarantee myself a good spot haha.

I can't fucking wait though, listened to funeral yesterday and now I'm very excited for the 'PUT IT IN. YOUR. HANDS.' Bit in power out for some reason but the whole thing is just going to be beautifully good.

Please, please let me be free of any work of Friday night, powers that be! If so, then after a lot of changing my mind, I think I’m going to go from Tune-Yards straight to the Pyramid to catch some of Elbow then hopefully get a good spot. I’ll have to go easy on the drink beforehand though, otherwise I’ll only end up having to leave for the toilet.

I wouldn’t read to much into the Heroes thing, it’s probably just because they’ve been in Germany, with the whole Berlin/Bowie connection.

Please, please let me be free of any work of Friday night, powers that be! If so, then after a lot of changing my mind, I think I’m going to go from Tune-Yards straight to the Pyramid to catch some of Elbow then hopefully get a good spot. I’ll have to go easy on the drink beforehand though, otherwise I’ll only end up having to leave for the toilet.

I wouldn’t read to much into the Heroes thing, it’s probably just because they’ve been in Germany, with the whole Berlin/Bowie connection.

I'd feel truly bad for you if you had a shift. Good luck wouldn't want you to miss out on it!

Thanks. As much as I’m trying to focus on the positives of Pixies, The Wailers and Massive Attack if Friday is my evening shift, being honest with myself I’m not really arsed about any of them in comparison. At least I was lucky enough to do both Earls Court nights though. As I said before, it’s more about not wanting to miss them headline Glastonbury than it is about being desperate to see them again right now. If I am working then I hope my bar is a long way from The Pyramid!

Maybe a couple of songs less than we’re expecting, but it’s interesting that they’ve opted for Rococo and We Used to Wait instead of Flashbulb Eyes a couple of times recently.

Maybe a couple of songs less than we’re expecting, but it’s interesting that they’ve opted for Rococo and We Used to Wait instead of Flashbulb Eyes a couple of times recently.

shit i hadn't even noticed the Flashbulb Eyes omission! would take either of those songs (or any of their other songs) a hundred times over rather than it, although i still think we'll end up getting it

We Used To Wait would be pretty special though so i'm hoping for that!