Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

Is this Heroes and Common People stuff true? If so, it's too much to be a coincidence. Win Butler is actually an alias created by Neil 15 years ago to get insider info from the music business, it spiraled and this is where we are now. I claim my free crate of Brothers.

History tells us that if any member of Arcade Fire is going to spend all his time pissing about on an internet message board, it's Will.

:D

Although if it was him, he'd have already posted by now, going on about what his girlfriend's mam and dad would think if they read this.

The Pyramid set is just a normal set ...then this mysterious tin stage is a secret venue somewhere else on site and is just Acade Fire jamming with Jarvis, Steve Mackey and David Bowie after the headline show :P

Edited by LondonTom

The Pyramid set is just a normal set ...then this mysterious tin stage is a secret venue somewhere else on site and is just Acade Fire jamming with Jarvis, Steve Mackey and David Bowie after the headline show :P

Jamming you say? is this a clue that Bob Marley is going to come back from the dead and join them? It would be too much of a coincidence, what with The Wailers also already on the bill...

Edited by newportstu

Jamming you say? is this a clue that Bob Marley is going to come back from the dead and join them? It would be too much of a coincidence, what with The Wailers also already on the bill...

If Bowie is there, James Murphy has mentioned in a few interviews that he likes Bowies music, it's gonna happen isn't it?!

So I think we're looking at this for a likely setlist, right?

Reflektor

Learn to Fly (Foo Fighters cover)

Buffalo Soldier (Bob Marley cover)

Neighbourhood #3 (Power Out)

Joan of Arc

The Suburbs

Golden Skans (Klaxons cover)

Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand cover)

Afterlife

It's Never Over (Oh Orpheus)

Heart of Glass (Blondie cover)

Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)

Common People (Pulp cover)

---

Normal Person

Heroes (David Bowie cover)

Blue (Eiffel 65 cover)

Here Comes The Night Time

Here Comes The Sun (Beatles cover)

Controversy (Prince cover)

Flashbulb Eyes

• Upvote 1

I know nothing about the technicalities of that, but is a web bug really likely to result in something like that?

Razzmatazz was mentioned by someone earlier. Mis-Shapes, Something Changed or even Disco 2000; just most songs really. Just can't really see Win being able to do stuff like rhyme "corner" and "warn yer". :P

I agree, but I can see it being Common People if Jarvis does join them, he’d take lead vocals anyway. Razzmatazz is a good shout though.

Though I'd like Common People next to Normal Person. I always figured it sounded a bit like a Pulp song.

Was thinking this the other day. I mean, not so much musically, but the lyrics definitely.

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but Murphy is DJing in Despacio on the Friday night, unless the other two let him wander off to guest with Arcade Fire I suppose. Jarvis could happen, he's DJing too but that whole bonanza is midnight to 5am.

So far this tour most of their cover versions have been sung by either Will, Richard or Tim. I can picture Will singing Common People quite easily. Their version of INXS Devil Inside going straight into Here Comes The Night Time when they were in Australia was brilliant.

I don’t think there will be a cover unless it’s with a guest, so Jarvis would take lead vocals. On the Echo & The Bunnymen cover Win sang along with Ian, and I think Regine did with Debbie Harry too.

So james murphy produced a pulp song and chunks of an arcade fire album fairlly recently. Jarvis was at an af gig and steve mackey opened for them - they're all there on the same night. Bowie sang on one of the af tracks produced by james murphy and released a remix by murphy of one of his songs, whilst af bobbleheads performed a bowie song and win sang a few lines from a pulp song.

Trying desperately not to get my hopes up but if any of these things actually lead to a collobaration on the pyramid i will die happy.