Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

forgive me for not reading the previous pages but david bowie coming on stage with them has gotta happen right? hes done it before and he's on their latest album, albeit a cameo...

Emily has flat out said it wasn't happening, no reason for this unless it was true.

If you're looking for the one full set video not to show someone to convince them to go see AF with you, that'll be the Northside one that's happening at the minute.

They seem to be experimenting with a handful of new effects that aren't working. Or the stream sound is terrible. Haiti sounded off and No Cars Go used a guitar effect for a few seconds that was just shocking.

EDIT:

That said, Will bullfighting Richard during Rebellion is one of the funniest things I've seen for a while.

Edited by tiffpietiff

Okay, earlier in the year I suggested that *if* they didn't open with Reflektor at Glastonbury, they'd do it much later in the set with Bowie. At the time I thought it was a pipe dream and nothing more.

Anyone noticed they've started opening with Here Comes The Night Time...? And playing Reflektor either in the encore or at the end? Only the odd show at the moment, but it's building, I can sense it...

If you're looking for the one full set video not to show someone to convince them to go see AF with you, that'll be the Northside one that's happening at the minute.

They seem to be experimenting with a handful of new effects that aren't working. Or the stream sound is terrible. Haiti sounded off and No Cars Go used a guitar effect for a few seconds that was just shocking.

EDIT:

That said, Will bullfighting Richard during Rebellion is one of the funniest things I've seen for a while.

I love them but I agree, Power Out was the worst I've ever heard it. Plus it doesn't help when the crowd noise is eliminated too.

Have Arcade Fire ever actually played any Pulp covers, or showed any appreciation of Pulp's work? Or is the only connection that Jarvis turned up for one of their gigs? If it's the latter, it seems a pretty weak link

I don't think there was any big particular song and dance about how much they love Echo & The Bunnymen before last week, being pals with the band is reason enough for us to believe they're big fans.

Okay, earlier in the year I suggested that *if* they didn't open with Reflektor at Glastonbury, they'd do it much later in the set with Bowie. At the time I thought it was a pipe dream and nothing more.

Anyone noticed they've started opening with Here Comes The Night Time...? And playing Reflektor either in the encore or at the end? Only the odd show at the moment, but it's building, I can sense it...

They've opened with HCTNT and Normal Person as fair few times on the tour so far though so I don't think it indicates anything, sorry :P

Well Steve Mackey supported them at Earls Court...

He's supported them a lot in the past too so again, I don't think it indicates anything in particular. Saying that, a Common People cover would be cool as fuck (I'm not even going but want it to happen so badly :P )

They've opened with HCTNT and Normal Person as fair few times on the tour so far though so I don't think it indicates anything, sorry :P

He's supported them a lot in the past too so again, I don't think it indicates anything in particular. Saying that, a Common People cover would be cool as fuck (I'm not even going but want it to happen so badly :P )

Yeah, I think I'm clutching at straws to be honest. Pulp would be just as good though. If it isn't DB or Pulp I'd probably rather they didn't bother with the guest and just played another song from their catalogue. There's enough of 'em.

I'd rather they didn't bother with the cover and did one of their own songs. But if they did do one, Common People would really cement it as a headline set for the history books in a lot of people's eyes.

I think I'm with you on this tbh. The Cutter was amazing at Earl's Court but if it was played in place of one of their own songs (say Ocean of Noise, Crown of Love or I Used To Wait), I'd have preferred them not to do it if I'm honest.

I'd rather they didn't bother with the cover and did one of their own songs. But if they did do one, Common People would really cement it as a headline set for the history books in a lot of people's eyes.

I agree with this, I'd rather see one of the songs which are being rotated on this tour like Keep the Car Running or Moth of May.

But again, I think this is where it depends on what the cover is.

1. Common People/Heroes/similar = a moment, could really elevate a great set to something which goes into the history books.

2. Month of May/We Used to Wait = cool, but if anything could dampen the atmosphere amongst a casual crowd.

However, any standard cover (such as The Cutter for example, as much as I like that song) would have the same effect as 2.

At their own show - sure I'd prefer the rarity - but rarities can often be underwhelming on the Pyramid.

Pretty much but I'd rather any [well known] Pulp track over Common People. Win singing that would be kinda weird.