Best double airbed

sleekox

1 hour ago, sleekox said:

Took a self inflating mat last time and it wasn't great. I've found a pretty good handheld pump which will help with deflation so was just wondering what people thought the best double airbed is? 

Silly question, but is it a double airbed for 1 person or 2? 

We had a double airbed for 2 people previously for camping and found it's much better to have 2 singles so you don't end up rolling into the middle together or getting catapulted up when the other person gets on or off it. 

If just for 1 person ignore all this. 

We had a big Outwell double which is very comfy but big and heavy. Probably wouldn't take to glasto to be honest due to weight and size. 

• Upvote 2

So we just upgraded from the standard cheapy blow up mats to a couple of self inflating - but we tried everything in GoOutdoors (both side sleepers) and nothing was really thick enough that you wouldn't be feeling the floor in your shoulders or hips.

Did a bit of research and rather than go for the full foot thick, weighs a ton thing that you put up in your spare room - we went for a couple of Zempire Monstamats.

They are supposedly self-inflating, but I bought a little battery pump anyway to speed that up (also well handy for getting them packed down again) and they are about 10CM thick when fully up. They are a full 2M long, wider too than most so less likely to slide off the edge you wouldn't need a double for one person to be comfy.

I did a half hour on one in the garden - which to be honest, is more like Glasto fields than I would care to admit, full of lumps and bumps rather than a bowling green - and was super comfy. I have also done a night in the house on it last night as I am ill - wife kicked me out of the bedroom for coughing and keeping her awake 😄 and was really good.

Me & Mrs 4AM have this:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15979404/berghaus-double-self-inflating-mat-15979404/

We got it in a sale a few years ago for just over £100. It’s bulky, but damn it’s comfy. As comfy as our memory foam mattress at home. No roll together, no bumps at all. Love it.

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Me & Mrs 4AM have this:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15979404/berghaus-double-self-inflating-mat-15979404/

We got it in a sale a few years ago for just over £100. It’s bulky, but damn it’s comfy. As comfy as our memory foam mattress at home. No roll together, no bumps at all. Love it.

We also have this. 

It’s absolutely amazing and has been a total game changer for sleeping at festivals.

5 hours ago, sleekox said:

Took a self inflating mat last time and it wasn't great. I've found a pretty good handheld pump which will help with deflation so was just wondering what people thought the best double airbed is? 

4 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

We had a double airbed for 2 people previously for camping and found it's much better to have 2 singles so you don't end up rolling into the middle together or getting catapulted up when the other person gets on or off it. 

We had a big Outwell double which is very comfy but big and heavy. Probably wouldn't take to glasto to be honest due to weight and size. 

If as a single person and you want a double, take a double. If two people, two singles all day long. There is no logical argument camping for any other opinion. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nikkic said:

We also have this. 

It’s absolutely amazing and has been a total game changer for sleeping at festivals.

We also have this, from a recommendation here as well. Bit big for festivals for me but great for a week away with the family. Game changer in fact!

14 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Absolutely agree, 2 singles far better than a double for 2 people.

10 hours ago, Superscally said:

If as a single person and you want a double, take a double. If two people, two singles all day long. There is no logical argument camping for any other opinion. 

It kept me awake last night mate. Could two people take a double each? Real estate permitting?

I know it's a bit radical but hey it's Glastonbury:-)

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

It kept me awake last night mate. Could two people take a double each? Real estate permitting?

I know it's a bit radical but hey it's Glastonbury:-)

I'm taking two, just for me. Got a six man tent in Kidney Mead and another up by the Park. Just wondering whether to chuck a little one up near Woodsies too. Only a single airbed there though. I'm not a monster.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I'm taking two, just for me. Got a six man tent in Kidney Mead and another up by the Park. Just wondering whether to chuck a little one up near Woodsies too. Only a single airbed there though. I'm not a monster.

You're gonna have 3 tents in 3 different locations??

if you've got the space, these are my favourite airbeds - https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/293310254?gclid=CjwKCAjwl4yyBhAgEiwADSEjeHV-8OrxnOh-LnQRZPFu0Atmcv8301mNbFn8IKFFSmP8mpQwavHAExoCh8oQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

you can sit up against the back in the mornings and can be used as an emergency extra sofa around the house when required. oh, and it's a massive sleeping space (I'm 6'3 so most airbeds aren't big enough to share

19 minutes ago, EavisAintDead said:

if you've got the space, these are my favourite airbeds - https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/293310254?gclid=CjwKCAjwl4yyBhAgEiwADSEjeHV-8OrxnOh-LnQRZPFu0Atmcv8301mNbFn8IKFFSmP8mpQwavHAExoCh8oQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

you can sit up against the back in the mornings and can be used as an emergency extra sofa around the house when required. oh, and it's a massive sleeping space (I'm 6'3 so most airbeds aren't big enough to share

I like it but we kept getting punctures as using at festivals invariably meant twigs n sharp bits getting where they ain't wanted. 

Its an absolute swine trying to find the puncture and repair it but agree, top lounging potential!

22 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Me & Mrs 4AM have this:

22 hours ago, nikkic said:

We also have this. 

Agreed, first time using it last year and an absolute revelation !

We have the decathlon mat linked above but my wife doesn’t find it good on her back due to only being 8cm in thickness. 

Has anyone used the Coleman Extra Durable Double Air Bed? Reviews seem mixed on Amazon but this is the kind of thing we’d like ideally. 

https://amzn.eu/d/7kXyhfO