Eurovision 2024

Nikky

Tonight Grand Final.

Usually it's a good laugh but this year it's been overshadowed by other things not related to music.

Everything around Israel and now this scandal with Netherlands that is not resolved yet and nobody knows what really happened. Not sure I will be able to enjoy tonight after all this. Kinda lost buzz. Let's see what happens...

Who is your favorite?

I really liked Ireland. Amazing staging and unique performance.

Croatia big favorites according to bookies. 

• Upvote 1

Fairly strong final this year. Agreed re Ireland, also a few other decent acts. Unfortunately though I think olly Alexander was very weak on Tuesday, and although the staging is very clever and the dancers extremely talented, I didn't think it looked that great on TV, and to top it off the song isn't that great 

Someone told me the Netherlands guy lost his parents in a conflict and someone from the Israel team made a joke about it and he punched them. No idea if true, haven’t bothered to look it up.

Loving Switzerland and Ireland. Olly did seem a bit off on Tuesday, but think that was down to tech problems (he was holding his mic pack by the end of the song) so hopefully will be on top form tonight.

5 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Loving Switzerland and Ireland. Olly did seem a bit off on Tuesday, but think that was down to tech problems (he was holding his mic pack by the end of the song) so hopefully will be on top form tonight.

Unfortunately the previous attempt was the one the judges scored 🤦🏼‍♀️ if we're relying on public support we're screwed lol

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Someone told me the Netherlands guy lost his parents in a conflict and someone from the Israel team made a joke about it and he punched them. No idea if true, haven’t bothered to look it up.

Now I'm reading that he was accused of being violent towards some woman in television production. 

Nothing to do with Israel. 

1 hour ago, CanWeRest said:

Unfortunately the previous attempt was the one the judges scored 🤦🏼‍♀️ if we're relying on public support we're screwed lol

Not quite, judging was done last night, not at the semi final 

Loved Netherlands for a long time. He played the main stage at Werchter in 2022 to a massive crowd. Great song, but the production on stage is lacking. If he's really sent home but the song remains in the competition, it will become the protest vote - which would be bad news for both Switzerland and Croatia - two great performances there.

I also love Italy's lite-Rosalia. She's really got something.

Can't believe Czechia didn't get through.

Ireland is a Cassyette/Sam Matlock-of-Wargasm-and-son-of-Glen co-write

France is great but apparently he shat the bed in the judge's show last night. What a shame.

I'm busy tonight so won't be able to watch. But it seems like a huge mess and I'm not sure if there even is any way to get it back to just the music with so much having happened in the past few days.

Edited by charlierc

Apparently Olly smashed the jury final last night. France had a shocker but I think the song is strong enough to still do well. 

I don’t know how they’re going to recover from the Dutch drama, reading Swedish reports it sounds like he threatened a member of production but didn’t actually hit them (as first rumoured) - it might have been quite the threat for the police to be involved as well. 

Edited by Lucy92

13 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Apparently Olly smashed the jury final last night. France had a shocker but I think the song is strong enough to still do well. 

I don’t know how they’re going to recover from the Dutch drama, reading Swedish reports it sounds like he threatened a member of production but didn’t actually hit them (as first rumoured) - it might have been quite the threat for the police to be involved as well. 

Sounds bad. Tbh, I don't get a good vibe from him.

3 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

Sounds bad. Tbh, I don't get a good vibe from him.

It’s a really tough one, as it’s still being investigated. If he’s found innocent after… 

either way, I’m not sure how the EBU will recover this one

So 25 in the final. Do they change number order? Everyone already did promotional part. Worldwide voting was supposed to start last night but still didn't. What a mess...

12 minutes ago, Nikky said:

So 25 in the final. Do they change number order? Everyone already did promotional part. Worldwide voting was supposed to start last night but still didn't. What a mess...

It’s an utter 💩 show… 

2 hours ago, km9 said:

Not quite, judging was done last night, not at the semi final 

Oh, I thought it all went wrong for him last night. My mistake 

Posted (edited)

Dutch national broadcaster are furious and shocked by decision. 

Anyways, I think Netherlands votes are going to Switzerland? Two songs probably attract similar group/taste. 

Edited by Nikky

eurovision talk on the glastonbury forum? can a mod do something about this? i dont want to see this bollocks on here when im trying to think about the best place on earth 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

eurovision talk on the glastonbury forum? can a mod do something about this? i dont want to see this bollocks on here when im trying to think about the best place on earth 

It’s one thread which in 24 hours will drop off the front page . Happy for it to stay some acts  have played Glastonbury before so does have a bit of relevance . Can choose to ignore if it’s not your thing 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1