Left Field

Avalon_Fields

57 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Someone told me he self confirmed from the stage at the end of his Greenpeace set last year.

Some of the stuff around Glastonbury attendees not voting in the referendum was laughable. Even if no-one had done a postal vote (everyone I knew had done) and an extra 210,000 people had voted remain, it wouldn't have made any difference to the outcome.

Leave 17,410,742 / Remain 16,141,241

Remain with an extra 210,000 = 16,351,241‬

Could you please not bring this up again? I'm still flippin' scarred from waking up that morning and someone in our camp telling us the news. My exclamation at ridiculous volume of "YOU'RE f**kING JOKING!!!" has become part of Camp lore.

Ben

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Could you please not bring this up again? I'm still flippin' scarred from waking up that morning and someone in our camp telling us the news. My exclamation at ridiculous volume of "YOU'RE f**kING JOKING!!!" has become part of Camp lore.

Ben

Made a nice change from "SORT YOUR f**kING TENT OUT!"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Snap. Although I think my version was “ARE YOU FOR f**kING REAL??!” Followed by 20 minutes of trying to process it with a furrowed brow and a thousand yard stare, then many hours of sorrow-drowning. What a strange day.

4 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

They've added an extra band each day though so the timings are guaranteed to be different.

As said before they're either finishing later or starting earlier.

I’m stewarding in the left field one shift and the shift starts at 10.00 and ends at 10.00. So I think they’re starting earlier. 

Edited by tarw
To add start time

11 minutes ago, tarw said:

I’m stewarding in the left field one shift and the shift starts at 10.00 and ends at 10.00. So I think they’re starting 

Damn was hoping for a later finish. Oh well more clashes for me

17 minutes ago, tarw said:

I’m stewarding in the left field one shift and the shift starts at 10.00 and ends at 10.00. So I think they’re starting earlier. 

That's a long shift! Do you get many breaks? At least it's a nice easy one (and pretty interesting during the talks) 

2 hours ago, mouserat said:

Yeah agree with this. I was reading out the panel discussion titles to my wife over lunch and from title alone she thought it meant this was a pro 'stop the boats' talk. I get what they're going for but it looks odd and feels like it's starting the debate with the wrong focus.

I'm still intermittently crying about that 5 year old Iraqi girl who got crushed 😭

59 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Snap. Although I think my version was “ARE YOU FOR f**kING REAL??!” Followed by 20 minutes of trying to process it with a furrowed brow and a thousand yard stare, then many hours of sorrow-drowning. What a strange day.

My missus woke me up and me they'd won. 

"GOOD." Rolled over and went to go back to sleep.

"Hang on. Which 'they' are you talking about?"

😭

8 hours ago, foolee said:

Nothing for me. I would catch a few like English Teacher and Trampolene but think they’ll end up clashing. Bob Vylan would be my Sunday headliner but I’m gonna be leaving early so hopefully catch them on the Peace stage. 

How early? They'll be done early.

35 minutes ago, tarw said:

Wonder if the logic is that more people might go to the talks/panels if they don't clash with so much of the music on the main stages.

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

I woke up, picked up my phone, saw the incomplete headline "Britain narrowly votes..." as I groggily tried to open the story, someone in the next tent yelled "FOR f**k'S SAKE" and I heard a phone landing heavily.  I didn't need to open the story.  Strange atmosphere all day.

59 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Would expect the lottery winners to make a few appearances else where as well 

They say not... and they'll be disappointed if they hope to be on TV from Leftfield

image.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Remainers didn't care as much as the leavers. Very few of the left leaning musicians spoke out until after the vote. That made me quite angry when, all of a sudden, everyone was making out what a terrible thing it was after the fact. Where were they when it mattered?

Won't get into it. Still makes me angry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Another one!!

These are coming very fast - I wonder if they are clearing space for a surprise or two nearer the festival - or the full lineup will be earlier this year.

Thinking this too

2 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I was thinking that. Usually always plays greenpeace plus left field/avalon or something. Maybe he’s opening the pyramid? 

He’s active with dates either side of Glasto but nothing on his site for Glasto yet.

https://beansontoastmusic.com/live-shows/

Just seen he’s at mucky weekender so I’ll catch him there. I only really ‘got him’ when I saw him at Wilderness last year - he smashed it and had a great crowd! 

1 hour ago, tarw said:

12 hour shifts? Do you just do 2? Good place to steward too 😀

5 hours ago, Colorblindjames said:

Can’t see many of those politicians turning up with the general election on June 27th. 

I was thinking maybe that date. The brexit date. Labour councillor friend told me today Intel is November.  Cos harder to canvass in those wet and cold months. Unless Richi goes now so he can move to US over summer and settle his kids in before he starts working for Musc. Always a possibility.  Think it will be November. I hope it is june

9 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

I was thinking maybe that date. The brexit date. Labour councillor friend told me today Intel is November.  Cos harder to canvass in those wet and cold months. Unless Richi goes now so he can move to US over summer and settle his kids in before he starts working for Musc. Always a possibility.  Think it will be November. I hope it is june

The next few days could be a bit of a snowball for Rishi and it’s going to get harder for him to deny that the people want a general election! 

Maybe he goes, they get a new leader and prepare for November but who’s going to want to take it on now? Their prospects aren’t good! 

57 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

They say not... and they'll be disappointed if they hope to be on TV from Leftfield

image.png

Bit disappointed about that, saw them in Glasgow few months ago and they were really good. Could easily get a big crowd on one of the main stages. 

9 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Can recommend Will Varley. Some beautiful stuff he's written. I think he had to cancel last year due to illness. 

Great overall line up and Will Varley is the icing on the cake! Probably my favourite solo artist, his songs are magical.

• Upvote 1