Avalon 2024

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

think since just this year, but others will be more certain.

Ben

that would suck. its one of my favourite places to chill. 

im going to insist on someone providing a source for this because this is a life changer for me lol

Edited by Nuthugger
source?

5 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I'd be interested in Lulu, Toyah & Robert, and the Old Time Sailors (They played Croissant Neuf last year but it was so rammed I couldn't get into the tent)

Was it the Old Time Sailors that played Rocket Lounge last year too?

19 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

nah thats just the management change thingy. it was there last year.

Someone claimed to have info that the Avalon Cafe will be no more and there will be a new one-way system into the SE corner from Avalon, leading to a fairly comprehensive rejig of the area.  Think it might have been Dee or Pilton Digger, who are locals.

22 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

nah thats just the management change thingy. it was there last year.

The Avalon Cafe first disappeared for the 2022 festival, although another smaller tent was there on part of the old Avalon Cafe site but called something else and run by another organisation.

A tent called Avalon Cafe was back in 2023 in a different position on the northern edge of the Avalon field, don;t know if it was the old Avalon Cafe team who ran it or the team that ran the replacement tent last year.

Now it sounds like they've gotten rid of it again.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Confirmation Frank is a solo show. 16:00 on the Friday.

Trying to figure out where/when a full band show might fit in elsewhere on the lineup (if anywhere), as feels odd for him to be there solely for a relatively low-key solo slot. 

55 minutes ago, Nuthugger said:

that would suck. its one of my favourite places to chill. 

im going to insist on someone providing a source for this because this is a life changer for me lol

3 minutes ago, mouserat said:

Trying to figure out where/when a full band show might fit in elsewhere on the lineup (if anywhere), as feels odd for him to be there solely for a relatively low-key solo slot. 

Yeah, but he usually plays small/secret sets every day when he's there.  He'll definitely crop up at Strummerville.  Maybe BBC Intro too.

46 minutes ago, Jarski75 said:

Was it the Old Time Sailors that played Rocket Lounge last year too?

If you saw them you’d recognise them! I spoke to a few of the band but missed the several performances they did. I don’t know about the Rocket Lounge.

IMG_1366.jpeg

Very happy to see BabyQueen, she’s one of my favourite artists atm.  Though I agree it seems a weird stage for her to play.. I would’ve put her on woodsies.. 

Lots of others like Go Team, Toyah and Kate Nash that I might see depending on clashes.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Can’t find any set lists for her. Does she do much All Saints stuff or any of the songs she’s written for others?

Don't know that she's done any live dates yet, but has definitely released some solo material too in the last few months.  Sounded decent from what I heard on the radio.  She will play at least one date early June. 

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

If you saw them you’d recognise them! I spoke to a few of the band but missed the several performances they did. I don’t know about the Rocket Lounge.

IMG_1366.jpeg

They did. They have a residency at deva fest “sailors rest”. About 5 shows a day. They are great. 

The Mrs spoke to them and told them

we saw them at Glasto (after seeeing them the year before at deva fest too). Told her to get a selfie- she obliged!

if you haven’t seen them you should! Think sea shanty’s (duh) and lots of Irish songs.