Glasto is great and I've paid my balance!

kalifire

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Could be a demographic shift.  There area couple of teens/twentysomethings in our group who are buzzing for SZA for instance.  Everyone over 30 couldn't give a toss.  Maybe we're all just dinosaurs on the way out!

I'm not so sure. SZA aside, the line-up seems light on hipper young acts - at the expense of reheated leftovers from about 10 years back 

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm not so sure. SZA aside, the line-up seems light on hipper young acts - at the expense of reheated leftovers from about 10 years back 

What you call reheated dinosaurs are acts that people 25 and under wish they were old enough to see back in their heyday. It was the same for me and acts like Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Nivarna and Green Day.

Working at a school gives me great insight into the acts that were in their prime 10-20 years ago and are seen as cool now. 

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

That definitely could sway the numbers. I don't think the mud bath of 2016 affected sales for 2017 though, did they?

Edit: according to the Glasto Thingy, it sold out in 50 minutes

No it didn’t. I think it would take a couple of mudbaths and a couple of years of disappointing headliners rather than 2016 where Adele and Coldplay did really well.

3 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

Thank God. Gives one phone, one laptop cavemen like me a chance!

I got through on one device last sale or one before . I forget now but did have the backup of friends that helped . Sometimes there’s just not time for that so get help for yourself if you can 

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I got through on one device last sale or one before . I forget now but did have the backup of friends that helped . Sometimes there’s just not time for that so get help for yourself if you can 

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The 2017 fest, my son got through on his phone almost at will. Got 30 tickets before he ran out of people to buy for despite being through again before half nine. Probs could have got at least another two batches if needed. He’s never got through since. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fair enough I'm not in regular touch with lots of young folk on the issue - so maybe my sense that they'd prefer to see the likes of Tyla or Tate McRae rather than Paul Heaton or Cyndi Lauper is misplaced.

I thought considering your constant moaning about Two Door Cinema club etc I thought you were talking about those bands and considering my comment it is clear that I wasn't talking about Paul Heaton and Cyndi Lauper.

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I think you managed 22 and 23 with your lucky laptop

1 hour ago, irnkrtn said:

GREAT intel thats by work! 

You don't have to prebook either. It's off a main road, turn right at the lights and straight forward. Epping Station also used to be very cheap.

I feel bad for you working by there, absolute shite hole. There is also a station in Finchly that has a convenience shop and we once just park up inside that layby for free but everyday it might be obvious. 

Edited by northernangel

Two Door Cinema Club are massive among young people. Late 00s/ early 10s indie bands have had a TikTok resurgence. There's a reason R+L have booked them and Catfish and the Bottlemen.

I work in a secondary school and I hear a lot of love for those kinds of acts which did surprise me. 

Plus, there's Burna Boy, SZA, The Last Dinner Party, Confidence Man, Anne-Marie, Declan McKenna, Yard Act, D-Block Europe, Ghetts, Peggy Gou, Fontaines D.C., Kenya Grace, Headie One and Little Simz who are all big with younger punters.

On 4/9/2024 at 7:54 AM, kemosabe said:

I'm going to be controversial for this place, as we obviously all love the Eavis'.

But tbh I don't believe her. I truly believe there will have been years in the past with less turnover. It's a weaker line up and there's so much financial problems people are suffering at the moment. I know people who've thrown there had in the ring, so I concede maybe it's confirmation bias from me. But it smacks of promoter speak to me. Obviously, we will never know one way or the other. 

After tonight’s resale, just wonder if people still think Emily was lying? 😂

The resale thread had 4 successes out of 11 groups. Those 4 were all in the first 6 mins. The sale went on for 18 mins but it may have been very slim pickings or just the odd single tickets for the second half of that I’m guessing.

14 hours ago, stuie said:

After tonight’s resale, just wonder if people still think Emily was lying? 😂

I'm genuinely sorry my comment annoyed you enough to drag it back up ten days later. 

But, to answer your question, the coach sale wasn't any quicker then normal was it? Felt about average? 

Also, I didn't want to reply the other day as you seemed vexed and I didn't want to argue on the internet. But I feel you have the wrong end of the stick on my initial comment. I wasn't saying that I thought this year was the worst ever for sales for the festival or something and she's completely lying to cover that up. I just think it's probably one of the better ones sure, but she's probably putting a promoters spin on it for the good headlines and take the flak of SZA - which isn't a bad thing! Something like last year with Elton John seemed in my head to be a year which would have potentially more retentions, baring in mind the economic situation in this country right now and the headliners. But I doubt it's a massive difference either way. 

But I admit what I said was pure speculation. So honestly if it genuinely annoys you so much I take it back and apologise. Life is too short to get angry at each other 😊    

40 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I'm genuinely sorry my comment annoyed you enough to drag it back up ten days later. 

But, to answer your question, the coach sale wasn't any quicker then normal was it? Felt about average? 

Also, I didn't want to reply the other day as you seemed vexed and I didn't want to argue on the internet. But I feel you have the wrong end of the stick on my initial comment. I wasn't saying that I thought this year was the worst ever for sales for the festival or something and she's completely lying to cover that up. I just think it's probably one of the better ones sure, but she's probably putting a promoters spin on it for the good headlines and take the flak of SZA - which isn't a bad thing! Something like last year with Elton John seemed in my head to be a year which would have potentially more retentions, baring in mind the economic situation in this country right now and the headliners. But I doubt it's a massive difference either way. 

But I admit what I said was pure speculation. So honestly if it genuinely annoys you so much I take it back and apologise. Life is too short to get angry at each other 😊    

Fair, but I'm not angry - just discussing.   Tbh, yours was one of several similar posts I could have chosen but I was genuinely interested to see if people still thought Emily was bullshitting about the lowest level of returns ever!