Overcrowding candidates/ acts booked too low

kemosabe

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

Yeah, but I feel their new album Hyperdrama is missing a lot of those gritty/metal/f*ck you sounds that were unique to Justice and that we all fell in love with after Cross. 

Yeah it’s a shame that they got so much praise for how heavy their first album sounded and then basically abandoned it for everything after. Fair enough not wanting to be a one trick pony, but nothing since has hit the same. There’s a reason why people continue to lose their minds as soon as Genesis starts. 

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Sugababes at Avalon were a live band, so that's not true.

An absolutely banging backing band at that and no evidence of lip syncing from where I stood.

Absolute carnage crowd wise of course. Reckon half the tent were there for Sugababes before the previous act (???) had finished. Eventually became Can't f**king Move At All rammed.

They let too many people in/there's a massive back door in somewhere these days.

Like others have mentioned I can see a wet year causing proper issues.

We were just outside the tent and had arrived quite early.  As soon as the former act finished it was like a tidal wave of coked up w*nkers just rolled in.  Stewards tried to close the field but were ignored, people just pushed them out of the way.  When they eventually did manage to restrict access, they started climbing over fences, stalls etc. to get in.  It was complete carnage.  By the time they were 2-3 songs in it turned really ugly.  Saw 2 fights break out due to young idiots trying to push forwards with nowhere to go.  We bailed.

21 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

We were just outside the tent and had arrived quite early.  As soon as the former act finished it was like a tidal wave of coked up w*nkers just rolled in.  Stewards tried to close the field but were ignored, people just pushed them out of the way.  When they eventually did manage to restrict access, they started climbing over fences, stalls etc. to get in.  It was complete carnage.  By the time they were 2-3 songs in it turned really ugly.  Saw 2 fights break out due to young idiots trying to push forwards with nowhere to go.  We bailed.

A side question - why do people assume that rude pushy people are coked up these days.   Twats exist in coked and non coked varieties, as do nice people. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, stuie said:

A side question - why do people assume that rude pushy people are coked up these days.   Twats exist in coked and non coked varieties, as do nice people. 

I have noticed that being said on here quite a bit it seems the fashionable thing to say, plenty of non-coked up people that are arseholes as well 🙂

1 hour ago, stuie said:

The wide pupils, gurning and chewing give it away.  Also, the fact they are openly taking cocaine.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

The wide pupils, gurning and chewing give it away.  Also, the fact they are openly taking cocaine.

A tidal wave of coked up w*nkers rolled in and they were all openly taking cocaine? With wide pupils? 

Some things about your tale don't make much sense to me. 

I'd suspect some of this behaviour is due to good old fashioned alcohol. 

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

A tidal wave of coked up w*nkers rolled in and they were all openly taking cocaine? With wide pupils? 

Some things about your tale don't make much sense to me. 

I'd suspect some of this behaviour is due to good old fashioned alcohol. 

I don't like to stereotype, but there were lots of youngish lads around the site last year who always seemed to be in tribes, shirtless, carrying a bumbag over their shoulder, who were openly taking loads of coke and acting like inconsiderate arseholes.  The Avalon "invasion" contained a high percentage of these people.  They certainly were the ones causing the trouble.

1 hour ago, worthyraver said:

I have noticed that being said on here quite a bit it seems the fashionable thing to say, plenty of non-coked up people that are arseholes as well 🙂

True. 

But if that arsehole also does coke...

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I don't like to stereotype, but there were lots of youngish lads around the site last year who always seemed to be in tribes, shirtless, carrying a bumbag over their shoulder, who were openly taking loads of coke and acting like inconsiderate arseholes.  The Avalon "invasion" contained a high percentage of these people.  They certainly were the ones causing the trouble.

"I don't like to stereotype, but I will anyway. "

Youth of today, no respect, no morality etc. etc. 

3 hours ago, TheDayman said:

Yeah, but I feel their new album Hyperdrama is missing a lot of those gritty/metal/f*ck you style sounds that were unique to Justice and that we all fell in love with after Cross. 

*I'm not sure how else to describe Justice's music, some of it is aggressive in the best possible way

I wasn't really considering their album performance, it doesn't really matter in the context of what i quoted

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

what is the avalon invasion 😂

Quite impressive people can tell from a few metres away the difference between cocaine, ketamine and MDMA

26 minutes ago, gfa said:

Quite impressive people can tell from a few metres away the difference between cocaine, ketamine and MDMA

You can tell by what they are wearing too apparently.  Shirtless and a bum bag = cocaine user, even at a scorching hot festival 🙂 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, gfa said:

what is the avalon invasion 😂

still chuckling at this...

I wasn't there I was at the shangri-la stampede. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

still chuckling at this...

I wasn't there I was at the shangri-la stampede. 

I survived the great Pyramid pile on of 2024.

Coked up youngsters walking around after Reg singing….

“Cause I’m the packet man…..  

Paaaaacket maaaaaan 🎶

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, toohottoocold said:

Interesting how the coke and ket bum bag lads born in 2001 all flocked to Sugababes at Avalon instead of I dunno...jump up DNB in the Common. They'll be at the acoustic tent soon enough! 

Now is a very fair point 😄

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I wasn't really considering their album performance, it doesn't really matter in the context of what i quoted

I meant moreso is it going to be the same level of party as 2017 if they focus on their new stuff (which is less in-your-face party music)

Here's hoping for more 2017 vibes 🙏 

45 minutes ago, TheDayman said:

I meant moreso is it going to be the same level of party as 2017 if they focus on their new stuff (which is less in-your-face party music)

Here's hoping for more 2017 vibes 🙏 

based on the coachella sets they are still playing all the big ones - i'm not worried

On 3/14/2024 at 10:30 AM, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

What spot was that in?

The crowd at TLC is the worst I've ever been in at Glastonbury and was rightfully called out for being unsafe, just look back at the threads on here. I can only assume you found a strange oasis, or were really close and benefitted from people being unable to filter in

I managed to get on the second front row for TLC after looking unsuccessfully my mate. Always room down the front. I do appreciate that most of the field was rammed though and it will probably be the same for Sugababes. I'll be getting to West Holts early for that one

Edited by Helsbels
Extra info