Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

Just now, The Red Telephone said:

They were never going to get both Madge and Stevie.

I imagine one of them was earmarked for the SZA slot, not Coldplay or Dua.

The attempted booking order chain must have gone:

Madge -> Stevie -> O-Rod and / or Stevie Nicks -> SZA

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

you'd have been moaning if it was either of them too

i would have mentioned that madge is on her miming pension tour. and  i might have said that i didn't think stevie wonder was great last time (i was very very pissed that night[no, that was a different night]).

Edited by Neil

Just now, The Nal said:

Again, Madge was never in the running.

Depends what that means.

Was she a target for the festival to book and they tried their damndest to do it?

I'm fairly sure she was their number one priority to land this year - and it just didn't work out.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Depends what that means.

Was she a target for the festival to book and they tried their damndest to do it?

I'm fairly sure she was their number one priority to land this year - and it just didn't work out.

Very possibly but the conversation would've went:

Glasto: "Hi would Madonna be interested in playing Glastonbury?"

Madges agent: "No its an indoor production"

Glasto: "Ok thanks". 

Just now, The Nal said:

Very possibly but the conversation would've went:

Glasto: "Hi would Madonna be interested in playing Glastonbury?"

Madges agent: "No its an indoor production"

Glasto: "Ok thanks". 

Very likely. Or they got strung along for a while - cos it sounds like other festivals were also in the fray on it (BST, Rock in Rio)

19 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Why have they clashed idles and Fontaines? Please move Fontaines DC to Saturday night. Are they definitely both Friday night headliners? Park will be empty as same fans will be at Idles. Makes no sense at all.

I'm worried about the opposite - I'll be at Fontaines out of the two and think the park might be rammed

4 minutes ago, Nickyboy said:

Dua Lipa a breakout star? Shes nearly 30 and her 3rd album is coming out soon. I saw her play on the main stage at Mad Cool in 2018. 

2 minutes ago, onemoresolo said:

Surely even Glasto thread readers aren't Tory enough to have a Telegraph subscription. 😉 

Ive a sub. 3 quid a month. Good for music and grub. And travel. 

And just threaten to cancel every 6 months and theyll drop their pants.

image.thumb.png.695ffc9159a540778ea467271e463083.png

Edited by The Nal

First timer and still understanding how to feel about the lineup. At first was very happy (outside of headliners) but now reading these comments I agree there's some magic missing. No big surprises or breakout artists right before they're clearly about to blow up. It feels hard to spot them now, but I'm sure there'll be so many amazing moments. 

That being said, there's like 20+ acts I am really keen to see already so I can't wait!

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Jesus. That f**king Friday night line up. f**k me.

I don't even think the Friday night is amazing by the festival standards. It's just looks stellar because the other two nights look so so poor. 

Genuinely not interested in a single Pyramid or Other headline act. Might be the first time ever I wouldn't care about missing any of the 6. 

Justice on WH to save the weekend for our group but for 360 quid that isn't enough for me.

Should have been a fallow year......😂

Just now, Gnarler said:

First timer and still understanding how to feel about the lineup. At first was very happy (outside of headliners) but now reading these comments I agree there's some magic missing. No big surprises or breakout artists right before they're clearly about to blow up. It feels hard to spot them now, but I'm sure there'll be so many amazing moments. 

That being said, there's like 20+ acts I am really keen to see already so I can't wait!

You’ll have an absolute blast … so much going on . So much more to come 🙂 

• Like 1