Food Traders 2024.

Chimps

9 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Oh yeh, it was never 'bad' always incredible. I just think it was a nicer in 2022... (They used much deeper pots in 2022 too 😉)

That’s shrinkflation for you! 

On 4/6/2024 at 10:29 AM, Keithy said:

No crumble!

The fish finger place better be there or I’m walking out.

The lobster place that also does fish fingers, near Other, has saved my life with their fish finger sarnies on more than one occasion *chef's kiss*

The trouble with the cheaper 'budget' places is that you're still paying too much for what you get. It makes me feel like paying a bit more and getting something more exotic, then having some tinned Mac n cheese when I get home lol. Lost Horizon do great value for money. Cheap and a stonking portion (I'm aware there is scope for a stonking portion joke there).

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, goldfishboy said:

Someone told me there is a cheese toastie van where they use cheese from the farm, can anyone confirm? Where is it normally?

Previously has been top of big ground near medical centre 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, buddiepaul said:

The stall was Paletas, and they were very refreshing.  You could sprinkle then with Tajin (a salty, chilli lime powder), which was strangely nice.

Also good on the glass rim in a spicy margarita

Must say - the toastie with cheese from the farm was a favourite of mine.  

Looking forward to a lot of the usual favorites - no bones jones, eat the farm, goan fish curries.  must have a meal at permaculture.  And there was a Jerk Chicken stall somewhere near williams green in 22 that I never managed to find again that was unreal.  massive portion.  will be looking for them again.  Vegan ice cream in the park near the ribbon tower always hits, especially their pistachio. 

Miss the welsh oggies. Miss Ghandi's flip flop. Miss the raclette. 

has anyone ever had anything from the strawberries & clotted cream stall?  worth it?  

what are y'all's favorite spots for breakfast?

1 hour ago, Olshansky said:

Tends to be the first one we come across! Strong tea and a bacon and egg roll. Very basic but so welcome!😉

sadly the Avalon cafe for an egg sandwich is no more, that was always a nice place. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

14 hours ago, Olshansky said:

Must say - the toastie with cheese from the farm was a favourite of mine.  

Looking forward to a lot of the usual favorites - no bones jones, eat the farm, goan fish curries.  must have a meal at permaculture.  And there was a Jerk Chicken stall somewhere near williams green in 22 that I never managed to find again that was unreal.  massive portion.  will be looking for them again.  Vegan ice cream in the park near the ribbon tower always hits, especially their pistachio. 

Miss the welsh oggies. Miss Ghandi's flip flop. Miss the raclette. 

has anyone ever had anything from the strawberries & clotted cream stall?  worth it?  

Sadly No Bones Jones not there this year due to health issues. My best suggestion for breakfast is act like it’s just another meal and don’t try and make it breakfast stuff and you’ll find lots of great options. 

On 4/4/2024 at 10:22 AM, parsonjack said:

Tragic news...... there will be no Crumble Shack at Glasto this year.

It's over 😭

f**king fuming at this news.  The apple & cinnamon was exceptional every time.  RIP.

On 5/4/2024 at 3:39 PM, StoneCircle said:

Confirmation that The Roaming Rotisserie will be there!! 🥳🎉

Screenshot_20240504-153613.png

Hells yes.  Love the Roaming Rotisserie chicken, stuffing, roasties and gravy.  It's my go to when suffering a really stinking hangover.  WG is pretty good for food outlets TBF.  Poutine are there and the Indian Street food place that does dosa and home made crunchy bhajis as well as RR.  All class.

Did anyone else try the fusion Mexican/Korean place near BBC Introducing last year?  It was absolutely belting.  Praying they make a return.

27 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Did anyone else try the fusion Mexican/Korean place near BBC Introducing last year?  It was absolutely belting.  Praying they make a return.

If you're talking about Mexican Seoul then @Acid Loafers spoke highly of it below:

On 4/4/2024 at 3:00 PM, Acid Loafers said:

Mexican Seoul is also good, usually not too busy as it's in that odd middle ground area by BBC Introducing.

There was a great place near BBC Introducing that did a malaysian style coconut massaman curry and a couple of other great things, cant remember what they were called but it was all sorts of delicious - i went back the next day and had exactly what i'd had the night before cos it was so good