UK Politics

kalifire

42 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

When inflation is going up it's global factors, when coming down it's down to the government.

It's The Plan

You know, that plan..................... the one where they do nothing and just say 'The Plan Is Working'............... and many people believe them

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

When inflation is going up it's global factors, when coming down it's down to the government.

Or if your in opposition the government when its going up and global factors when its coming down or in 2008 the financial crisis was either the governments fault or it was caused by America depending on who you support.

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Some governments have been better than others at minimising the effects of global shocks in their countries.

Edited by lost

14 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The day after the first Rwanda plane takes off the GE will be announced.

Other than on GB News and your real, full on headbanger racists is there that much support for the Rwanda plan?

I'd have thought your average 'a bit racist' or even just 'a bit anti immigrant' types would've thought " I might not want them coming over here but even I can see that idea is mad"

Dunno

Just now, philipsteak said:

Other than on GB News and your real, full on headbanger racists is there that much support for the Rwanda plan?

I'd have thought your average 'a bit racist' or even just 'a bit anti immigrant' types would've thought " I might not want them coming over here but even I can see that idea is mad"

Dunno

If (big if)...flights to Rwanda start, and also the number of boats coming over this summer decreases...then Tories will put this down to Rwanda and milk it to the cows come home, especially as Labour have said they'll reverse this policy.

46 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Dunno

I once drank down a pub that we later found to be full of bigots so stopped going there but the number of times conversations were held based on just one headline in a newspaper with them stating it all as absolute fact was alarming.

They particulalrly liked any headlines that were anti immigrant and apart from the headline they knew nothing else about the situation.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Rwanda bill keeps getting voted down in the Lords. What we need to do is get rid of the Commons and keep the Lords. Who's with me?

Amazing they can’t get this through when they have been stuffing it full of their sympathisers . And no I’m not with you 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Amazing they can’t get this through when they have been stuffing it full of their sympathisers . And no I’m not with you 

old and wise and not steered by the raging mob beyond the walls.

We need less democracy. Infact do away with parliament and go back to an absolute monarchy...then we could buy Rwanda or destroy it or something.

On 3/19/2024 at 6:06 PM, steviewevie said:

anyway, can't call Reform far right...so what can they be called?

Really Right
Really Very Right
Extremely Right
A bit more right than the Tories
Slightly to the left of Labour
Moderate
Common sense
Patriotic

?

you missed "always wrong".

10 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Expectation is inflation will drop below 2% in April...and then Bank of England might start cutting interest rates a bit.

latest guess is July for the first cut in interest rates.

7 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I once drank down a pub that we later found to be full of bigots so stopped going there but the number of times conversations were held based on just one headline in a newspaper with them stating it all as absolute fact was alarming.

They particulalrly liked any headlines that were anti immigrant and apart from the headline they knew nothing else about the situation.

thats like round here some of the time.

31 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

her plan is to not be as sh*t as the tories, or fall for brexit bollocks, like larry elliott did!

Just now, Ommadawn said:

Is that Labour's new slogan? We're not as sh*t as the Tories.

it would be a pretty good one, if they tried making a bigger promise it'd be false cos the tories have f**ked thing s up so bad its gonna be hard to correct.

7 hours ago, Ommadawn said:

Exactly. No plan on how to achieve it.

There is a plan, supply side stuff...planning etc, but he and Graham argue it won't lead to something transformational and the rapid growth required. There's some good stuff in there, it isn't neo-liberal or New Labour or Thatcher fgs, workers rights, net zero etc...but overall if she doesn't achieve this rapid growth, and with her sticking with the same fiscal rules as this govt, then we're looking at either spending cuts or higher taxes, or most likely a mix.